22:37, Sat 28 Nov
Valleyblue
No he didn't get Boro promoted...not sure where this myth has come from but a simple check on Wiki shows that apart from a spell as assistant to Mourinho at Real his managerial career is nothing special and that's being generous

[en.wikipedia.org]
Of course he got them promoted.
But didn't take them down
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:39, Sat 28 Nov
Valleyblue
No he didn't get Boro promoted...not sure where this myth has come from but a simple check on Wiki shows that apart from a spell as assistant to Mourinho at Real his managerial career is nothing special and that's being generous

[en.wikipedia.org]

on 11 March 2016 he unexpectedly left the training ground after an argument and considered his future at the club. Responsibilities for the subsequent match, at Charlton Athletic, were handed to his assistant Steve Agnew,[25] but the Spaniard returned to lead the team to the top division after a seven-year absence, as league runners-up
The Belle of St. Trillions
22:42, Sat 28 Nov
The thing I don’t ever get with blues fans is the majority of people talk about how we’re not good enough and we play awful boring football etc and can’t get a win. Am I missing something because when have we ever been a team that has done this? You make it sound like we’re a fall from grace
22:46, Sat 28 Nov
Tiltonblue
The thing I don’t ever get with blues fans is the majority of people talk about how we’re not good enough and we play awful boring football etc and can’t get a win. Am I missing something because when have we ever been a team that has done this? You make it sound like we’re a fall from grace

I make it sound like that?

I don't think so - After fifty two years of watching the bastards, I'm aware of our limitations. We've had decent attacking sides in the past and have earned a few wins along the way.Not as good as you'd have hoped that a side from a major city would have been though.
22:50, Sat 28 Nov
Wasn’t aimed at you mate just replied to the last post. I just mean in general. I’m 27 and could argue have watched blues for the best years with the prem and cup etc an my expectations are nowhere near as high as a lot of people. And I know I’ll get answers like “I’d be happy just being able to score etc” but that’s a load of b*llox, people were moaning when Rowett had us in 10th pushing play offs. Would just love to know why peoples expectations are so high when we’ve never exactly been an amazing team other than 1-2 seasons around 10 years ago an we was never amazing then😰
22:51, Sat 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Top class? Who said that? He has a worthy cv though, imo.
He’s improved us.
That’s a start. Always.
The Club is functioning better. That wasn’t the case last year. Let’s hope the improvement continues in all areas. That’s the way to progress over time.

Post lockdown he's improved us yes.

Not hard after all the players downed tools after the pep leaving news broke.

Prior to lock down though no he hasn't improved us imo
A bang average manager like Pep had us getting more points per game
23:00, Sat 28 Nov
Tiltonblue
Wasn’t aimed at you mate just replied to the last post. I just mean in general. I’m 27 and could argue have watched blues for the best years with the prem and cup etc an my expectations are nowhere near as high as a lot of people. And I know I’ll get answers like “I’d be happy just being able to score etc” but that’s a load of b*llox, people were moaning when Rowett had us in 10th pushing play offs. Would just love to know why peoples expectations are so high when we’ve never exactly been an amazing team other than 1-2 seasons around 10 years ago an we was never amazing then😰

Ah, got you. Rowett did have a bad spell as well. Oddly enough, one of his biggest fans after he got the bullet was one of his biggest critics at the time on here. He did a good job for us, but was (for me) uninspiring - I will say though, that I didn't like him very much, even as a player with us, so I'm a bit biased.

No, tenth in the top division (out of twenty-two teams) in about 1973 is the best we've ever done in my lifetime (we might have achieved 9th in the Prem) and we're a massive underachiever.
23:03, Sat 28 Nov
You remember 👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:09, Sat 28 Nov
Less than I used to, Rab. 😏
23:13, Sat 28 Nov
Same 😁
23:17, Sat 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Same 😁

Same what? 😀
23:20, Sat 28 Nov
Bloody fireworks
08:22, Sun 29 Nov
barnieeee
David Xavis
El Mayor
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

So yes, that promotion is an achievement IMO.

Where’s he going wrong now then?

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.

Nicely put bud.

Brilliantly put, why cant all our fans speak common sense like this instead of the pathetic bed-wetting, so effing entitled, the afront of the team setting things right and repeatedly trying more progressive ideas...

give him some effing time, did they not see how abysmal we were, he has sorted the defence and now is trying different things upfront

Entitled? I’d like to think we’re entitled to something better than 3 wins in 26 games but I’m probably just being greedy
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
08:23, Sun 29 Nov
Valleyblue

[en.wikipedia.org]

You are Donald Trump and I claim my £10!
13:54, Sun 29 Nov
Cattell Prod
barnieeee
David Xavis
El Mayor
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

So yes, that promotion is an achievement IMO.

Where’s he going wrong now then?

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.

Nicely put bud.

Brilliantly put, why cant all our fans speak common sense like this instead of the pathetic bed-wetting, so effing entitled, the afront of the team setting things right and repeatedly trying more progressive ideas...

give him some effing time, did they not see how abysmal we were, he has sorted the defence and now is trying different things upfront

Entitled? I’d like to think we’re entitled to something better than 3 wins in 26 games but I’m probably just being greedy

Maybe not greedy but silly if you are including games prior to him arriving when criticising.
SHA Poster and Poster Boy of the Year 2020