19:51, Sat 28 Nov
Yes you're bang on

Karanka out!
19:52, Sat 28 Nov
Yes but the wheels came well and truly off after
19:53, Sat 28 Nov
BlueNoseinFrampton
Pre lockdown, with the players i genuinely think Pep was better, certainly more entertaining

We conceeded three or more goals in ten of those games.
19:54, Sat 28 Nov
If the old heads in the team didn't believe in him, how come he got more points (I'm guessing) in his 14 than AK did?

And sure he didn't win anything : all AK has won was promotion with Boro when he had a shed load of stars brought for him.

But your response addresses my point : people judge here on things beyond the actual playing record of the team on the pitch
Scoobers
[www.skysports.com]

My own issue with Karanka is his style of football. It's dull. His teams are predominantly set up to contain the opposition as a priority. There have been a number of games I've watched this season where I have been crying out for Forest to start on the front foot and it hasn't happened.

The squad is now littered with talented attacking players but for some reason, we cannot seem to click into fourth gear consistently. At home we play with two sitting defensive midfielders and a striker feeding off scraps ... the 'stifle first' mentality has grated on me all season long and I've spent most half-times bemoaning why we have two sitting midfielder players holding hands with centre halves when the opposition have come to park the bus!

Not sure he's going to change his style with us, thats why he/ we need a few decent results IMO

Yep, he’s not going to change his style, but it’s proven he has a level of success
STD
this 100%
19:55, Sat 28 Nov
Scoobers
Yes but the wheels came well and truly off after

Sure, but the wheels were well and truly loose before that.
19:55, Sat 28 Nov
Scoobers
We only went truly downhill after Pep said he was leaving. Easy to forget IMO.

Although the signs were there before he said he was leaving. We conceeded three or more goals in 10 games prior to lockdown.

That's a fair point, I'd forgotten that. Think most tried to get behind Pep on here and were quite patient with him, on the whole. Didn't help his cause either all the 'permanent temporary' B/S off Dong, either.
19:56, Sat 28 Nov
Nothing so simplistic : I'm just intrigued to be reminded where we were after 14 games last season and how folk therefore thought about PC then as opposed to AK now...everything seems much more fogiving re AK.

And as I said, post lockdown was absolute bilge
19:57, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
I disagree that the squad was the worst in the league - they achieved the worst but that was due to the lemon that was Pep. To state my case i am far from calling for his head, he is our manager and will support him its just my opinion of not wanting him is being borne out.

It is very much looking like he has signed players and not a team and i'm frustrated beyond belief.

They were statistically the worst in the league. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

It’s not a fact actually. Norwich had a worse league record after lockdown - played 9 lost 9 - at least we got a few draws after lockdown, which actually kept us in the division. I think the whole Pep/Dong situation had some impact on our post lockdown performance.

Norwich?

Back to us

Under Pep, it was a constant source of ire on here that we were not scoring from set pieces and corners. At all.

Now we have the majority of goals that way, nothing

Not a word to applaud that positive change
@Bluewurst1875
If the old heads in the team didn't believe in him, how come he got more points (I'm guessing) in his 14 than AK did?

And sure he didn't win anything : all AK has won was promotion with Boro when he had a shed load of stars brought for him.

But your response addresses my point : people judge here on things beyond the actual playing record of the team on the pitch

Maybe because some can see context. Here's a question for you - when Pep took over, would you say he took over a fairly well settled side that was doing ok?
I agree with you

Pep tried to implement a more progressive style at the start of the season. It was very inconsistent but there were solid moments where you could see what he was trying to do with the players he had at his disposal. Remember, he had Lee Camp.

Suddenly by January it had all changed and we went 442 and more direct.

If only he had a GK like Etheridge.
19:58, Sat 28 Nov
14 games into last season:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Scored 14, conceded 16
19:58, Sat 28 Nov
Bluesince62

Maybe because some can see context. Here's a question for you - when Pep took over, would you say he took over a fairly well settled side that was doing ok?

That sold Che and didn’t replace him. Not peps fault
20:02, Sat 28 Nov
David Xavis
El Mayor
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

So yes, that promotion is an achievement IMO.

Where’s he going wrong now then?

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.

Nicely put bud.

Brilliantly put, why cant all our fans speak common sense like this instead of the pathetic bed-wetting, so effing entitled, the afront of the team setting things right and repeatedly trying more progressive ideas...

give him some effing time, did they not see how abysmal we were, he has sorted the defence and now is trying different things upfront