20:05, Sat 28 Nov
You are missing the point and not answering the question. The only reason I'm asking Yorks this is to illustrate how dodgy stats can be. Yes of course the stats say Pep was better over his first 14 games - hurraay! let's get him back!
What they can't and don't show is any form of context whatsoever.
Scoobers reckons people over exaggerate just how bad our squad was after the restart, I personally think it's quite difficult to over exaggerate it. Give him a bit more time, you never know - not like there's a lot of choice atm, as Mayor says.
20:07, Sat 28 Nov
Oboe
Game after game = turgid rubbish, it never changes, by now he should have had a system for winning football, or at least decent football, he doesn't seem to have a clue and comes across as incompetent. People say we're more solid, really?? Bounemouth, Norwich, Luton and even Wycombe have proved that theory rubbish. In his post-match interviews the excuses are piling up, starting to sound like Wurzel. I've said i'd give him to Feb to prove otherwise, but nothing changes in any game.

why should we have a system for winning football or at least decent football by now?

don't you think every team in the world wants that???

why the eff are some fans so effing entitled? we were shite last year so why would automatically be to the level you claim, he's a good manager not a effing magician - get a effing grip and some realistic expectations
20:11, Sat 28 Nov
=
Scoobers reckons people overexaggerate just how bad our squad was after the restart, I personally think it's quite difficult to overexaggerate it.

Erm, I said I think it's over exaggerated at times in reply to your You really think our squad as he found it - confidence shot, no morale, worst form in Europe, heads down after the first few minutes hasn't had any bearing on his approach to sorting us out, i.e our squad wasn't that bad, we had a really bad run after the coach said he was off yet not just yet. If the squad had been as bad as you want to make out how the blooming heck did we get nearly enought points to stay up pre lockdown. After all it was the same players overall 😂

Talk about exaggerating a point to suit a view 😛
20:11, Sat 28 Nov
No one is saying get pep back. IMO he gets a bad wrap. It’s unfortunate what happened in the 2nd half of last season because I finally saw a glimmer of a team finally attempting to play a progressive style of football. It fell apart, whatever.

AK will do well given time. He’s a pragmatic coach, everyone knows that. Safety first football. It’s negative shite but we are getting some results. He’s a mourinho disciple where entertainment comes a far 2nd to just getting something out of the game.

I can accept that as long as we continue getting results. If we stop or we stop seeing actual long term progression up the table then he will be rightly caned.
20:15, Sat 28 Nov
Jameron Cerome
Mario kempes 78
Before he's shown the door I reckon, karanka is proper awful wrong choice again and again from dong... Please go and get Paul cook we missed the boat last time with warnock so let that be a lesson...

You make this post every 3 games.

Getting boring mate, grow up.

The ridiculous thing is that ist based on nothing, Paul Cook hasn't achieved anything of particular note in terms of championship promotion, he will wank himself off and convince himself he is right because he knows it cant be proved.
20:15, Sat 28 Nov
laughing_jackalope
My in law’s are all Boro fans, and they’ve constantly said that he’ll makes Blues solid, and defensive sound, once he’s happy with that he’ll move on to the attack. Even then it won’t be free flowing attacking football, but it will be effective.
After speaking to them, I’m confident he’ll get it right, but it’ll take time.
Any manager needs a minimum of 18 months to bring in his changes... so expect a few more months of this before things move forward.

Laughing, I said that same thing when I joined this forum. Would your in-laws agree that AK never had a plan b? It was one of his major failings that even most of the fans who were behind him admitted.
Even when we were pushing for promotion and he had steadied the defence he still refused to go for it in a game we were drawing 0-0 with 20mins to go.

If he gets two or three attacking players who click then you will start to nick a couple of games 1-0 and 2-0 but he will never focus on the attacking side of his teams.
20:17, Sat 28 Nov
Scored 14, conceded 16...but you didn't add 'got 22 points'

Which puts a different spin on things
20:18, Sat 28 Nov
The link did that, it didn't give the goal numbers 😉
20:18, Sat 28 Nov
No one is saying get pep back. IMO he gets a bad wrap. It’s unfortunate what happened in the 2nd half of last season because I finally saw a glimmer of a team finally attempting to play a progressive style of football. It fell apart, whatever.

AK will do well given time. He’s a pragmatic coach, everyone knows that. Safety first football. It’s negative shite but we are getting some results. He’s a mourinho disciple where entertainment comes a far 2nd to just getting something out of the game.

I can accept that as long as we continue getting results. If we stop or we stop seeing actual long term progression up the table then he will be rightly caned.

Yes, I'd agree with all that, like Mourinho and like many good managers, they will want to build from the back first and foremost, (especially with a side that's not winning and leaking 3 goals a game) once they are happy with that comes the trickier part of finding ways to win games, regularly. I'm not in way trying to compare the two, but Jose got stick off Chelsea fans for his style too. We probably won't ever be brilliant to watch under Karanka, but if he can get us winning that'll do me.
20:19, Sat 28 Nov
laughing_jackalope
My in law’s are all Boro fans, and they’ve constantly said that he’ll makes Blues solid, and defensive sound, once he’s happy with that he’ll move on to the attack. Even then it won’t be free flowing attacking football, but it will be effective.
After speaking to them, I’m confident he’ll get it right, but it’ll take time.
Any manager needs a minimum of 18 months to bring in his changes... so expect a few more months of this before things move forward.

Laughing, I said that same thing when I joined this forum. Would your in-laws agree that AK never had a plan b? It was one of his major failings that even most of the fans who were behind him admitted.
Even when we were pushing for promotion and he had steadied the defence he still refused to go for it in a game we were drawing 0-0 with 20mins to go.

If he gets two or three attacking players who click then you will start to nick a couple of games 1-0 and 2-0 but he will never focus on the attacking side of his teams.

Which may come as something of a blow to those who believe that working on the defence is only the prelude to working on the attack. I hope he does well, but I see nothing to show that he will.
20:19, Sat 28 Nov
FattyBumBum
He’s a mourinho disciple where entertainment comes a far 2nd to just getting something out of the game.

To be fair, Spurs are currently the second highest scorers in the Premier League.

They're one goal behind Liverpool, who have played 1 more game than them.

That's the big difference between Karanka and Mourinho. Jose has a much better squad but it's relative to the leagues they participate in.

Jose/Spurs may prioritise defensive solidarity, but they'll break as a team and have a plan to score.

We play like we have absolutely no plan on how we want to attack and invariably, don't score many goals.
20:21, Sat 28 Nov
Bluesince62

Yes, I'd agree with all that, like Mourinho and like many good managers, they will want to build from the back first and foremost, (especially with a side that's not winning and leaking 3 goals a game) once they are happy with that comes the trickier part of finding ways to win games, regularly. I'm not in way trying to compare the two, but Jose got stick off Chelsea fans for his style too. We probably won't ever be brilliant to watch under Karanka, but if he can get us winning that'll do me.

Absolutely.

He’s only had one window too.

I’m not sure what business we will do in Jan but tbh next Summer needs to be the next big change in the first 11. We need younger and fresher faces in defence and up front and the dead wood (Davis and Kieftenbeld) finally off the books.
20:22, Sat 28 Nov
Just to reiterate I'm in no way saying Pep in AK out.

My original point was to muse about how understanding and supportive many on here are for whatever AK's 'project' is...but, from memory, they were much less forgiving of what Pep's plan may have been.

Yes I know AK got promotion with Boro. But that's quite some time back now, and his record at Forest was mediocre at best, and being away from this league for 18 months after leaving Forest makes you think that not many saw him as a sure fire promotion man.

Just don't see where playing 7 defenders against poor teams at home gets us
20:23, Sat 28 Nov
FattyBumBum
He’s a mourinho disciple where entertainment comes a far 2nd to just getting something out of the game.

We play like we have absolutely no plan on how we want to attack and invariably, don't score many goals.

Which is why I am not anticipating this miracle turnaround that is being forecast. It isn't that Blues have a plan which just isn't working; it is that there is no discernible plan for when they have the ball in any area of the pitch.

At any times watching Blues can anybody honestly say that, 'yes, I can see what they are trying to do'? Are Blues direct, possession, counter-attacking? No, to me the only thing they are is cautious which may well grind out some results but at the cost of just so much boredom.
20:24, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
FattyBumBum

To be fair, Spurs are currently the second highest scorers in the Premier League.

They're one goal behind Liverpool, who have played 1 more game than them.

That's the big difference between Karanka and Mourinho. Jose has a much better squad but it's relative to the leagues they participate in.

Jose/Spurs may prioritise defensive solidarity, but they'll break as a team and have a plan to score.

Mourinho is a better coach then AK and Mourinho took over Pochs Spurs that a littered with world class players. AK has Marc Roberts.

Mourinho is still a pragmatic coach.