roger hynd
Waggeh
I don't think he rates his squad tbh.

He signed half of them😅

Did he though? How many were signed for him? I still suspect recruitment is not completely down to him.
10:59, Sun 29 Nov
Scoobers
A good coach gets the best out the players at his disposal.

Saying this is my system and the players have to fit in doesn't work as well. As Gianfranco showed

Which is why he is going for a more defensive approach but still trying to play his version of the game perhaps? I think his approach is to stick to his principles but realising it is going to take a lot longer and he needs to be patient but do things a little differently to not lose too many games at the same time. Zola couldn’t manage that. We fell apart.
10:59, Sun 29 Nov
Listen, you don’t have to tell me that! I don’t deny that anywhere, hence my comments about last season in particular. We’ve been dross for big chunks of numerous recent seasons.
There have been some Blues fans, albeit not many, I’ve read on here thinking we could finish in the top ten. They’re watching different matches to me or going further still are probably on a different planet.
The point is though, surely, we have to at least try and take the game to the other dross in the division?
We aren’t doing it and haven’t beaten any of the dross. That’s likely to end one way. Keep going the way we are and it’s a relegation battle for sure. Yes, though, there is a long way to go.
But there was a consensus on here that a half decent coach (which Karanka is deemed to be) would get a tune of these players in a way Clotet couldn’t. Attacking wise, he’s failing miserably.
11:00, Sun 29 Nov
Super Hans
Scoobers
He chose not to.

Karanka chose our current style at Boro and Forest. It's nothing to do with the quality of our players (otherwise why did he also do it at promotionn chasing teams), it's everything to do with the way he sets teams up.

Works if you're winning a fewe games ...

Yeah agreed, it’s why I don’t buy the whole ‘he’s only doing it because the defence is crap’ justification. The defence is perfectly fine.

It’s not though, it’s average at best. If the defence was any good maybe we wouldn’t have shipped so many goals over the past few seasons?

They are basically the same 3 or 4 defenders we have had since the summer of 2017. It’s really time to freshen up that area of the team massively. Younger, quicker players who are more comfortable in possession.

We have a top top GK now which is a huge step up from the last one. Now we need better centre halves and full backs.
11:02, Sun 29 Nov
Which is why he is going for a more defensive approach but still trying to play his version of the game perhaps

It's one and the same
11:08, Sun 29 Nov
" Yes, though, there is a long way to go. "

There is.
So keep the faith and hopefully we'll gradually improve from being bracketed with the dross.
Even Juke was absolute dross yesterday.
Give Leko a good lick of the lolly !!
11:10, Sun 29 Nov
FattyBumBum
Super Hans
Scoobers
He chose not to.

Karanka chose our current style at Boro and Forest. It's nothing to do with the quality of our players (otherwise why did he also do it at promotionn chasing teams), it's everything to do with the way he sets teams up.

Yeah agreed, it’s why I don’t buy the whole ‘he’s only doing it because the defence is crap’ justification. The defence is perfectly fine.

It’s not though, it’s average at best. If the defence was any good maybe we wouldn’t have shipped so many goals over the past few seasons?

They are basically the same 3 or 4 defenders we have had since the summer of 2017. It’s really time to freshen up that area of the team massively. Younger, quicker players who are more comfortable in possession.

We have a top top GK now which is a huge step up from the last one. Now we need better centre halves and full backs.

I don’t disagree with that. Trouble is are we capable of attracting/paying for such signings? I suspect not. I’m not even sure we have anybody at the club responsible for recruitment who even knows how to spot such players to start with.
11:12, Sun 29 Nov
Scoobers
Which is why he is going for a more defensive approach but still trying to play his version of the game perhaps

It's one and the same

From his quotes I think he wants to attack more but doesn’t think he can risk it yet.
11:16, Sun 29 Nov
Juke was always going to struggle even aerially against Cooper and Hutchinson, but jeez he was awful with his feet as well.
Mental to keep him on all game in an attacking sense. We were only going to trouble them by finding feet or running in behind.
We priorotised his defensive heading though, which seems mad
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:19, Sun 29 Nov
I don't get the Aitor hate.
Back our manager.

We could have our old managers

Clotet - Jobless
Monk - Jobless after leading Sheff Wed to 23rd
Cotterill - Shrewsbury Town
Redknapp - Jobless
Zola - Jobless
Rowett - 11th - 6 places and only 4 points ahead.
Lee Clark - Director of Football for Newcastle Blue Star
Chris Hughton - 21st in Championship
Rab C Nesbitt
Juke was always going to struggle even aerially against Cooper and Hutchinson, but jeez he was awful with his feet as well.
Mental to keep him on all game in an attacking sense. We were only going to trouble them by finding feet or running in behind.
We priorotised his defensive heading though, which seems mad

It's your fault ...you've been arguing for Juke's inclusion for a good while, partially on the back of his defensive contributions in the air when we're defending free kicks and corners.

You can't pick a centre forward for his defensive prowess !

PS it's " prioritised " not " priorotised "

😁😁
11:43, Sun 29 Nov
I did say when San Jose came in , Hogan would play 😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:49, Sun 29 Nov
Not happened either
11:49, Sun 29 Nov
Bluestaines
FattyBumBum
Super Hans
Scoobers
He chose not to.

I don’t disagree with that. Trouble is are we capable of attracting/paying for such signings? I suspect not. I’m not even sure we have anybody at the club responsible for recruitment who even knows how to spot such players to start with.

The 2017 window was just a bonkers splurge of money with no real rhyme or reason. A disgrace looking back.

Since the Summer 2018 signing of Pedersen I would say the recruitment hasn’t been that bad. We just didn’t sign a top class gk (or even a top champ one) and replace Che last Summer. We do that we are good last season. Then this Summer would have been replacing the defence and would have been in a completely different situation.

Unfortunately that didn’t happen so we had to rebuild once again in the summer.
11:58, Sun 29 Nov
generalBlue
Not happened either
I know, that’s why I ended with a 😁