15:27, Sun 29 Nov
Jameron Cerome
Waggeh
That's pretty shocking, shows what a good job the manufacturers and engineers do these days. You'd have to imagine he'd have been a goner 20 years ago.

20? Make it 5 years and I don't think he'd be here.

Well done to everyone involved on the Medical Team.

Honestly thought I'd watched someone die

Yes incredibly brave from the medical staff who went straight in to help.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:13, Sun 29 Nov
Jameron Cerome
Waggeh
That's pretty shocking, shows what a good job the manufacturers and engineers do these days. You'd have to imagine he'd have been a goner 20 years ago.

20? Make it 5 years and I don't think he'd be here.

Well done to everyone involved on the Medical Team.

Honestly thought I'd watched someone die

I was in the pitlane when Berger had a similar crash at Imola in the Ferrari. Saw it on the garage monitor, and then saw all the smoke from the fire. Mansell wasn't too keen on taking the restart as he didn't know what had happened to the car. Was a bad accident, but this one today looked a lot worse!!
16:36, Sun 29 Nov
I was only a young lad, but I’m pretty sure I remember seeing Berger walking round silverstone with his arms all bandaged up....would guess he wasn’t driving that race due to injury. Guessing it would’ve been late 80s?
16:49, Sun 29 Nov
ben sotv
I was only a young lad, but I’m pretty sure I remember seeing Berger walking round silverstone with his arms all bandaged up....would guess he wasn’t driving that race due to injury. Guessing it would’ve been late 80s?

Yeah it was 89. Remember him at Monaco the next race and his hands were bandaged up there. Ferarri only ran the one car at that race as he hadn't healed up properly
20:41, Sun 29 Nov
That was an astonishing escape today.
Appearing out of the fire like Arnold in The Terminator.

When you see the car it's amazing he walked away from it.
For all that the safety equipment worked I think they got lucky that he was able to get our the car.
22:51, Sun 29 Nov
29 seconds from crash to egress - that is a hell of a long time in a fuel fire, wow, so fortunate he wasnt incapacitated in anyway and was able to get out under his own steam

HALO definetly saved his life, without he would have been decapitated and so many dickheads didn't want it, thank god nobody listened to those idiots
22:53, Sun 29 Nov
This is the most attention I've given F1 since they stopped showing the pit girls on the tv.
23:05, Sun 29 Nov
barnieeee
29 seconds from crash to egress - that is a hell of a long time in a fuel fire, wow, so fortunate he wasnt incapacitated in anyway and was able to get out under his own steam

HALO definetly saved his life, without he would have been decapitated and so many dickheads didn't want it, thank god nobody listened to those idiots

Grosjean was one of the people who didn't want the halo. He even alluded to it on the video hes posted from hospital.

I think what also helped is it happened on the first lap so the medical car was following them around - they were spraying him down when he was getting himself free from the car and they wouldn't have been there that quickly otherwise.

So glad he's ok though and credit to all involved in helping him 👍
23:13, Sun 29 Nov
isnt he head of the drivers union? and he was against such an obvious safety measure - that is worrying in itself. Just so amazing that the decision makers decided to go with it despite such strong opposition, that was a brave decision there and it definitely saved a life today, so many would have bottled that decision.

Wishing him a quick and full recovery but after that there has to be a few mental scars

Yep, the medical car driver and medic were amazing.
23:30, Sun 29 Nov
Yeah he is, although not sure he was when he was against it?

Here's what he said about it back in 2017;

[www.google.com]
23:40, Sun 29 Nov
barnieeee

Grosjean was one of the people who didn't want the halo. He even alluded to it on the video hes posted from hospital.

I think what also helped is it happened on the first lap so the medical car was following them around - they were spraying him down when he was getting himself free from the car and they wouldn't have been there that quickly otherwise.

So glad he's ok though and credit to all involved in helping him 👍

Here's that video you mentioned from him in hospital

[www.theguardian.com]
23:54, Sun 29 Nov
barnieeee
isnt he head of the drivers union?
That's like having Saudi Arabia on the UN Human Rights Committee. Grosjean was the most dangerous driver out there and even the accident was caused by him darting across the track right into Kvyat.
00:39, Mon 30 Nov
barnieeee

He was one of those dickheads... quite fitting really.
sheffield blue
It's actually impossible to see how he got out, thankfully he did though!!

If he had decided to exit on the other side I fear he would have died in the flames.

But he didn't.

Instead he got out on the track side, climbed over the barricade and jumped into the arms of a 1st Responder/Steward/Medic, who showed great bravery, training and initiative.
09:05, Mon 30 Nov
bluearmyfaction
barnieeee
isnt he head of the drivers union?
That's like having Saudi Arabia on the UN Human Rights Committee. Grosjean was the most dangerous driver out there and even the accident was caused by him darting across the track right into Kvyat.

It looked like he was avoiding a large piece of debris.