12:03, Sun 10 Jan
I don’t know if I’m remembering the Kidderminster game with blue tinted glasses, but in my memory we utterly battered them and got caught by a break and a worldie. And had a late goal disallowed for a non-offside. Less a shock than an injustice.
12:06, Sun 10 Jan
I remember a 3-3 against Notts County when we needed a point for promotion to Div 1. Would have been early to mid 70s I guess, but I’m not going anywhere near THAT game in 75.
12:07, Sun 10 Jan
bluearmyfaction
I don’t know if I’m remembering the Kidderminster game with blue tinted glasses, but in my memory we utterly battered them and got caught by a break and a worldie. And had a late goal disallowed for a non-offside. Less a shock than an injustice.

No, we were shit. Not as bad as Altrincham though.
12:23, Sun 10 Jan
Ratty
6 2 at Leicester Filbert street first game for 3 years been abroad, freezing cold,that result warmed me up all winter

And 5-1 v Derby not long before this.

Added incentive of a TR7 for first scorer of 6th goal that year. Think it was put up by bloke who had sports shop on the Hob Moor Road
12:28, Sun 10 Jan
King Tut
Ratty
6 2 at Leicester Filbert street first game for 3 years been abroad, freezing cold,that result warmed me up all winter

And 5-1 v Derby not long before this.

Added incentive of a TR7 for first scorer of 6th goal that year. Think it was put up by bloke who had sports shop on the Hob Moor Road

Distinctly remember in that Derby game at 5-1, TF and Kenny Burns wouldn’t pass to each other for fear that the other would score the 6th goal and claim the prize. Remember reading recently though,- maybe on here? - that after the Leicester game, Kenny shared the prize money (to the value of the car) around all the players.
Cowinbovril

I'm confident that in a year or so we'll look back at lockdown as a big mistake. It's not a tried and tested policy. It was an experiment TIlton Rifle 8/8/20
13:06, Sun 10 Jan
3-0 west Ham FA Cup 1984. Carnage.
15:56, Sun 10 Jan
1988 I think, Walsall away lost 5-0 at Fellows Park. Left early in the second half to go to the pub at 2-0 down. As we left the ground you went up a long hill where you can still see the ground, by the time we got to the top of the hill it was 5.
16:07, Sun 10 Jan
At that time I was getting married and we were saving up for a house. So I worked on a building site in Longbridge that day. My mate Chris had been pestering me all week to go to Leicester, but I had to work. We had been all over the place watching Blues get beat every other week.
I came off the site at about 3.50pm freezing cold and got in the car to find Blues were 4-0 up at half time I think. I took a lot of stick for missing that one, but still married some 43 years later.
Pearly Dewdrops
I remember a 3-3 against Notts County when we needed a point for promotion to Div 1. Would have been early to mid 70s I guess, but I’m not going anywhere near THAT game in 75.

The Notts County game was 79/80
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
The forest 4-3 and thecsame season beating Man City 3 nil Tony Evans hatrick. The 3 nil boxing day win over vile. Southampton away last game of season Mick Harford winner anc the Leyland Daf final, ooh Johnny Gayle.
Bordesley not Small Heath
Losing 1-0 to walsall, a Trevor christie flick on from a corner, in the fa cup in 80s, when the cup mattered.

Short Walk back to station with all the other Blues fans in complete silence.

Tbat was the first away game I went to without my dad.
Blues swarmed the entie ground.

It was an awful game. We absolutely deserved to lose. I don't remember us creating anything.

0-0 away at Torquay in Jan 2006. We were outplayed and lucky they had a goal disallowed.
17:59, Sun 10 Jan
1-2 at Gillingham in late 2000.
We were awful. T 1-0 down Granger conceded a daft penalty and then got sent off.
We somehow equalised and Horse scored in the last minute to send us top.
That was a pretty god day.

Also 1-2 at West Ham. Our first premier league away win. There was a party atmosphere from about 2pm. Two super goals from Stern John.
18:13, Sun 10 Jan
The 5-4 game against Fulham, 1968. Greenhoff scored 4 and missed a penalty - a thrilling game.

Not so thrilling was an away game at Bolton - it rained, we lost (I think it was 3-0) we were on the uncovered Railway End, there were only a few Blues fans there I think, who amused themselves for most of the game by chanting, 'Roger Hunt is a ****'.

Away at Blackpool around 1972, a midweek September-ish game, TF opened the scoring, there seemed to be loads of Blues on the terrace, then I think we were crap for the rest of the game and drew 1-1.

Man City away at a similar time - I was behind the goal. Man City were on the attack and either Willie Donachie or Glyn Pardoe (or it could have been someone else!) totally miskicked it, I laughed out loud and he scored at the second attempt. My stepfather sulked all the way home and told me it was my fault for laughing. There again, he was a total cock.
The Belle of St. Trillions
18:16, Sun 10 Jan
That first season in the prem, I swear you could tell what kind of result we were gonna get by the crowd before the game. The first games Arsenal away and Blackburn at home were pretty subdued and we lost. West Ham away and Leeds at Stans the fans were fecking excellent and so were the team.

We once was the bastarding 12th man, am telling ya.
18:16, Sun 10 Jan
don givens v man u,