08:18, Mon 11 Jan
TresorLuntala
A better memory is Doncaster away 2014, 1-0 down at half time and staring relegation in the face. 10 minutes into the second half 20-30 blues fans came out of the concourse doing a conga, it lifted the whole atmosphere and we scored 3 in no time.

Good shout, Friday night game I believe.
Distinctly remember the bloke with the horse's head mask
You know I love that violence that you get around here.
That kind of ready-steady violence. That violent 'how do you do'
09:46, Mon 11 Jan
No it was a Saturday 3pm. The Friday night game was under Hughton, we won that one 3-1 as well. We also won a Saturday evening game at the Keepmoat 2-0 under the rat. Pretty sure Bouazza scored his only goal for us that night. Both of them were cracking atmospheres as well.
10:10, Mon 11 Jan
The Sheff Wednesday win put Blues into third place behind Millwall with one final game in hand.
The Sheff Wednesday game finished late and Millwall were told we lost thus promoting them. They were not happy and we won at Leyton Orient the following Tuesday night, winning promotion in front of 1000s of Blues and few 1000 of them. Lots of trouble at the LO game.
10:21, Mon 11 Jan
Didn’t someone post footage of Millwall’s final game a week or so ago- where their fans were on the pitch celebrating promotion?
Cowinbovril

I'm confident that in a year or so we'll look back at lockdown as a big mistake. It's not a tried and tested policy. It was an experiment TIlton Rifle 8/8/20
10:54, Mon 11 Jan
Some good memories on this one. Tried to think of a more recent one and struggled then this one popped up.

Outplayed for almost 90 mins and then this happened. Was on the way out and said let's just watch this corner.

Derby fans had been giving it large.... A joy to walk back to town along the river and listen to them moaning.

11:17, Mon 11 Jan
December 2003.

Birmingham 0 Blackburn 4.

Never been so cold in my life. Horrible game. Sat right behind the goal to see all four go in. Dugarry sent off.
12:43, Mon 11 Jan

I loved Steve Whitton
I loved how we couldn't buy a win
I loved all the aggro, Chelsea took over and the few blues there weren't very happy about it.

Some good old pics of the ground on here.

[jimmysirrelslovechild.co.uk]
12:45, Mon 11 Jan
RomfordBlue
December 2003.

Never been so cold in my life. Horrible game. Sat right behind the goal to see all four go in. Dugarry sent off.

Same here - added to the cold was the half wit somewhere behind me whose only contribution was to shout 'you dirty Turk' at Tugay for most of the afternoon.
The Belle of St. Trillions
So. Ignoring derbies....Tottenham away FA Cup 5th round 1980. Thousands of blues in the ground and loads locked out.
Liverpool away League cup 1980. Again thousands of blues.
Notts County at home 3-3 1979
Coventry away FA Cup (spacesuit) and away in league 1982 (Harford)
Southampton away 1983 (Harford again)
Millwall away 1986..(what a firm!)
Wrexham away 1979
Wolves away 1978.. Carnage
West Brom away 1977
There's just too many to be honest. Havent missed a massive amount of Blues games since around 1970 and there's some crazy memories!
....Just realised i said ignoring derbies and put WBA and Wolves in LOL
13:01, Mon 11 Jan
Blues v Fulham 5-4 1968-69 season. Thought Jimmy Greenhoff's missed penalty had cost him a double hattrick that day.....only to realise later on when I reached home that he'd only scored four goals...the other goalscorer was another blond. The late Jonnie Vincent.

A privilege to watch Blues in those days!
13:11, Mon 11 Jan
Brother Tam
RomfordBlue
December 2003.

Same here - added to the cold was the half wit somewhere behind me whose only contribution was to shout 'you dirty Turk' at Tugay for most of the afternoon.

Now that you mention it, I remember there was quite a lot of that sort of abuse back then, directed at him in particular, and also Villa's Alpay.

Off the back of this thread I looked up the Blackburn team, and was amused to see that in addition to Dwight York and Andy Cole (both missed relatively easy chances) they also had Barry Ferguson back then, which I had forgotten.
13:13, Mon 11 Jan
RomfordBlue
Brother Tam
RomfordBlue
December 2003.

Now that you mention it, I remember there was quite a lot of that sort of abuse back then, directed at him in particular, and also Villa's Alpay.

Off the back of this thread I looked up the Blackburn team, and was amused to see that in addition to Dwight York and Andy Cole (both missed relatively easy chances) they also had Barry Ferguson back then, which I had forgotten.
Was that also the game when the ref was doing a warm up Kop side at the front of the Tilton (possibly not the best idea), slipped and fell over?
13:15, Mon 11 Jan
Tam or Albert can probably remember this classic tie
13:18, Mon 11 Jan
foghorn leghorn
Tam or Albert can probably remember this classic tie

You cheeky git. 😆

I think that was the last time St Andrews saw so many shots on target.
RomfordBlue
December 2003.

Never been so cold in my life. Horrible game. Sat right behind the goal to see all four go in. Dugarry sent off.[/quote

Tugay scored a worldy. The kid in front of me was crying and his dad told him not to worry as Brucey would buy a new team.