10:22, Sun 10 Jan
Full page article in the Sunday Mirror today about Garry’s fears for the club and his memories of the 70s team , and -dare I say it- Maine Rd and Fulham.

He lives on my road, so I get to chat with him whenever I’m passing and he’s out the front; really lovely bloke and still loves the Blues.

Anyway, the link is below - it’s a bit like the Birmingham Mail in that you have to answer some stupid question before being able to read it, but it’s a good read all the same.
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Edit: here’s a snippet:
“I don't feel the club belongs to the people of the city of Birmingham anymore,” he said, “I feel we're part of something that really doesn't matter to someone, somewhere. Is that too simplistic?

“I'm not a very clever person who understands balance sheets but I understand debt and when I look at the amount of we have, I think it's frightening.

“And if we are talking about people thousands of miles away who don't care about us, then maybe the club will disappear.
Cowinbovril
10:27, Sun 10 Jan
Yeah
Saw this earlier and he sums it up perfectly
10:31, Sun 10 Jan
It's a great article, proper blues is Mr. P 👍
10:34, Sun 10 Jan
Yeah he does. Fair play to him and for dragging his kids and grandkids down there. Good to see Moxley highlighting some of our issues in a National paper too
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:35, Sun 10 Jan
Mr Driscoll
Full page article in the Sunday Mirror today about Garry’s fears for the club and his memories of the 70s team , and -dare I say it- Maine Rd and Fulham.

He lives on my road, so I get to chat with him whenever I’m passing and he’s out the front; really lovely bloke and still loves the Blues.

Anyway, the link is below - it’s a bit like the Birmingham Mail in that you have to answer some stupid question before being able to read it, but it’s a good read all the same.
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Edit: here’s a snippet:
“I don't feel the club belongs to the people of the city of Birmingham anymore,” he said, “I feel we're part of something that really doesn't matter to someone, somewhere. Is that too simplistic?

“I'm not a very clever person who understands balance sheets but I understand debt and when I look at the amount of we have, I think it's frightening.

“And if we are talking about people thousands of miles away who don't care about us, then maybe the club will disappear.

I'd say that just about sums it up for me as well.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
10:50, Sun 10 Jan
Moxley loves to give us kicking. He’s like posters on here who seem to like it when we do badly so they can have a squeal
10:52, Sun 10 Jan
The truth hurts on this occasion
10:55, Sun 10 Jan
Fat Buddha
Moxley loves to give us kicking. He’s like posters on here who seem to like it when we do badly so they can have a squeal

Or he just reflects the situation the club finds itself in?
10:56, Sun 10 Jan
Fat Buddha

Yeah I'd rather he just pretend it's all fine.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:56, Sun 10 Jan
I like to be optimistic, but with what I've read on here in the last couple of days you do start to wonder if it's the beginning of the end for the club.

Maybe a fan backed "Phoenix" club is the only realistic option?
11:06, Sun 10 Jan
Fat Buddha

Yeah I'd rather he just pretend it's all fine.

Go on then.
11:07, Sun 10 Jan
Fat Buddha

No need to revel in it
11:08, Sun 10 Jan
Fat Buddha
I’m not his biggest fan, but at times he’s damned if he does, and damned if he doesn’t
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:10, Sun 10 Jan
Fat Buddha
Fat Buddha

No need to revel in it
lol
11:11, Sun 10 Jan
Getting back to Garry Pendrey and Blues...

I wrote to him in the 80's, expressing my support for him during a difficult time in our history.

He wrote back, a handwritten letter that echoed my thoughts and highlighted his passion for 'our' club as he called it.

Top man, I still have the letter (somewhere)

He is right in everything he says.