If pendrey talks blues then I listen. He’s a top bloke a real fan with blues in his heart. I see him regularly at games in the main stand exec boxes and he’s got time for everyone. I’ve spoken to a pal this morning who is Tony Coton’s best mate and he’s also great mates with Mick Harford, we were talking about the state of our club and he said if a Phoenix club ever arose the band would reform and pull us out of the darkness. Harford, Coton, Blake and hoppy in charge and a few thousand loons on the terraces would be fun if nothing else, because at the moment I’m getting zero enjoyment from my football club.
13:27, Sun 10 Jan
Bluesince62
Never the best player or manager, but loves the Blues and I love him for it.

One of my earliest Blues memories is Tom Ross saying on BRMB that “Garry Pendrey has more problems than Salman Rushdie”
13:29, Sun 10 Jan
spionkop
Having spent all his time at Blues yelling at him from the kop to, “Pick a Blue One Gary” because he invariably passed to the opposition, or kicked it out of touch, I can quite definitely say he was one of the worst players that has ever played for us. And for some extraordinary reason successive manages kept picking him.
In fact the word Pendrey became synonymous with awful, rubbish and tripe. I wasted the best years of my life shouting at that bugler, although I never once booed him (never ever boo a Blues player Rule 1).

I can quite definitely say that you're wrong. Perhaps the successive managers that kept picking him knew something that you didn't.
The Belle of St. Trillions
14:16, Sun 10 Jan
If we had a Gazza in our Team now I think Man City would be making a couple of substitutions to protect there players.
DES
14:22, Sun 10 Jan
Foxtrot Oscar
Getting back to Garry Pendrey and Blues...

I wrote to him in the 80's, expressing my support for him during a difficult time in our history.

He wrote back, a handwritten letter that echoed my thoughts and highlighted his passion for 'our' club as he called it.

Top man, I still have the letter (somewhere)

He is right in everything he says.

Foxtrot,
I can better that, I wrote to him after a debacle @ Villa Park, when he threw Tony Elliot in goal, it was on a company letterhead, he did no more than phoned me back, he explauined why he made that decision (Elliot said he was ready) but then went onto describe the pressure he felt under and sadly I realised that he was shot!

Lovely bloke, True Blue but couldnt hack that challenge!

KRO
14:43, Sun 10 Jan
Absolute Top Man.

Never gave less than 100% never ever.
15:53, Sun 10 Jan
I know talk of a phoenix club is heard amongst fans on message boards like this, but I wonder if its ever been discussed at a higher level?
15:56, Sun 10 Jan
Zigic or Crouch maybe
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
15:56, Sun 10 Jan
What, you mean like in Hennessys'?
17:36, Sun 10 Jan
He signed Carl Richards from Bournemouth for £70,000 when Richards was the only opposition forward not to score against us. For this alone he remains our worst ever manager.
Inspector Montalbano
He signed Carl Richards from Bournemouth for £70,000 when Richards was the only opposition forward not to score against us. For this alone he remains our worst ever manager.

Also signed Colin Robinson and Kevin Langley 😁
17:49, Sun 10 Jan
Imagine Colin Robinson and Carl Richards in today's team
We'd be play off material
Roj
17:52, Sun 10 Jan
If Gary Pendrey is worried so am I. He is a complete symbol of what Blues are to their supporters, a player who gave 100 every day he put on the shirt and who did his utmost to work for the club as manager which unfortunately did not work out. Only have respect for him.
19:27, Sun 10 Jan
Bluesince62
What, you mean like in Hennessys'?

Genius 🤣🤣🤣
Inspector Montalbano

That was probably our most frustrating signing. We were pretty awful back then, but our defence, after Martin Thomas signed, wasn't too bad - we just needed someone to score a few goals and we might just have scraped staying up.

Miraculously, he squeezed one final 70 grand out of Ken Wheldon, wasted it on Richards, and down we went.