13:51, Tue 12 Jan
thethinblueline
A friend of mine works for the security firm at Wembley and she’s been told by Wembley that UEFA have told them it’s going ahead this summer fans or no fans

I heard the same from the bloke who sorts out Club Wembley for my mates firm.
14:00, Tue 12 Jan
Brad1875
Kinda wish they'd move it to 2022 so we have the Euros and World cup in the same year

Better still have the Euros in 2022 and all European nations can boycott the World Cup in Qatar
14:07, Tue 12 Jan
I’ve got tickets for all the England games up to and including the final, if relevant.

But I doubt it will go ahead in its current format, the very most we can hope for is a % of capacity at each ground and no away fans, maybe also with some of the venues being changed to reduce travel requirements for the teams.

Shame and all that but not as important as other things going on at the moment.
14:09, Tue 12 Jan
choc4
Fildes bcfc
The way things are going in this country we'll have zero fans allowed over here.

Don't get your point as we seem to be doing the best regarding vaccination over here.

Ye true. I just have this fear something is going to go very wrong.
17:51, Tue 12 Jan
Well it is in the prem and the championship. Games getting postponed because footballers failing to follow the rules.
There is an opportunity to cancel football now as we are only at the halfway stage of the season but they probably won't.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
17:54, Tue 12 Jan
Anyone think the Commonwealths in Brum will get shunted?
18:00, Tue 12 Jan
Charlie Woodford
Country which first authorized a vaccine automatically wins.

Or the country with the highest Covid 19 death toll

Pretty certain the USA can't host the Euro's.

Though if you mean deaths as a ratio of population, then Italy could host as they have the highest figure.
18:06, Tue 12 Jan
Haircut1000
Anyone think the Commonwealths in Brum will get shunted?

Cancelled due to lack of interest
20:35, Tue 12 Jan
Miguelagenn
There were a few reports around yesterday saying that some kind of decision is going to be made of 5th March.

I can't imagine that we'd be in any kind of position to see what overall effect the vaccine has had by then. There seems to be hopes for full stadiums in some countries by June but I would have thought that the very best we could hope for over here is 20-30% filled stadiums with fans only being able to go to a game in their own country and possibly a reduced tournament.

[www.straitstimes.com]

[www.skysports.com]

I can't see it being anything other than a one country solution and I keep being told Russia. If the UK settles a little then using all of the London grounds makes sense. Wherever the bubble is behind closed doors you'll need multiple grounds.
SHA Poster and Poster Boy of the Year 2020
23:26, Tue 12 Jan
thethinblueline
A friend of mine works for the security firm at Wembley and she’s been told by Wembley that UEFA have told them it’s going ahead this summer fans or no fans

vaccinated fans only

Be a bit of an old crowd but least some get to see the footie live
Have a look at the infection and death rates last summer. And that was WITHOUT vaccines.

The tournament will go ahead, fans will travel and stadiums will be full.

You may need a vaccine passport or a recent negative test result to enter the country and/or stadium.

Unless there is a new strain that the vaccine doesn't respond to it will 100% go ahead with fans
Stadiums won’t be full. Absolutely no chance.
11:57, Wed 13 Jan
Only Blooze N Horses
stadiums will be full.
😂
12:01, Wed 13 Jan
The world had almost fully locked down for 3 months by June last year, it's difficult for it to be comparable at this stage.
SHA Poster and Poster Boy of the Year 2020
There's absolutely no chance that any country will be willing to throw away the vaccination effort by allowing fans from lots of different countries to mix in groups and fill stadiums.

At best, the tournament will take place with a small number of local fans allowed in.