23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
19:20, Tue 12 Jan
B_C_F_C
Rab C Nesbitt
Btw excluded from what exactly?

Society...
Really?
For what reason though?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:26, Tue 12 Jan
I've also got two relatives in their 90's and they are still waiting for their first jabs. The way the vaccine is being provided seems erratic to me as I also have a friend who has just turned 70 and he has had his.
19:29, Tue 12 Jan
Definitely an element of postcode lottery going on but the system of getting people contacted and vaccinated does seem to be working rather well.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
19:37, Tue 12 Jan
My mums 89 she's had both jabs now. She's been brought down twice from Liverpool where she's isolating with my sister to Wolverhampton where she lives and where her doctors is. In the past 10 months she's only had 5 weeks at home in the summer and the rest of the time isolating in Liverpool. Luckily my sister and brother in law are retired and don't go anywhere during this pandemic.
macca salop blue
My mums 89 she's had both jabs now. She's been brought down twice from Liverpool where she's isolating with my sister to Wolverhampton where she lives and where her doctors is. In the past 10 months she's only had 5 weeks at home in the summer and the rest of the time isolating in Liverpool. Luckily my sister and brother in law are retired and don't go anywhere during this pandemic.

Hopefully your mum gets sorted soon too.
20:05, Tue 12 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
IanT
Fat Buddha
mr_crosby
IanT
Haircut1000
Anyone worried about side effects?

Anyone worried about side effects should consider the alternative of lying in an ICU bed drowning in your own fluid.
Or other side of the coin being asymptomatic and not showing any symptoms at all?

And passing the virus on so that someone else can drown in their own fluid?

Everyone should grow the feck up and get the vaccine asap.

Alternatively, people should be allowed to make their own decisions. This is practically a democracy

That's fine, and I don't disagree with you....as long as those not vaccinated don't mind being excluded from certain things.
Again though Ian that’s not how democracy works, you know that though, and state it on other subjects. Whether I agree you or not.

I know mate. I'm just venting my spleen.

How would we respond to an airline, for example, saying that you can't fly with them unless you can prove you've been vaccinated? Or a football club saying you can't attend games unless you can prove vaccination?

Not that it's likely to happen...but you never know.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.

August 9th
20:14, Tue 12 Jan
IanT
mr_crosby
IanT
Haircut1000

Anyone worried about side effects should consider the alternative of lying in an ICU bed drowning in your own fluid.
Or other side of the coin being asymptomatic and not showing any symptoms at all?

Most people don’t drown in their own fluid though do they?

True, but 80,000 have. If by having an injection and whatever small risk that brings saves even one more life (and it won't for a while yet) then bring it on.
20:23, Tue 12 Jan
Bluesince62
IanT
mr_crosby
IanT
Haircut1000

Most people don’t drown in their own fluid though do they?

True, but 80,000 have. If by having an injection and whatever small risk that brings saves even one more life (and it won't for a while yet) then bring it on.

👍. Democracy has to be weighed against the greater good. It’s about spreading a risk to others.
20:24, Tue 12 Jan
IanT
Rab C Nesbitt
IanT
Fat Buddha
mr_crosby
IanT
Haircut1000

Alternatively, people should be allowed to make their own decisions. This is practically a democracy

That's fine, and I don't disagree with you....as long as those not vaccinated don't mind being excluded from certain things.
Again though Ian that’s not how democracy works, you know that though, and state it on other subjects. Whether I agree you or not.

I know mate. I'm just venting my spleen.

How would we respond to an airline, for example, saying that you can't fly with them unless you can prove you've been vaccinated? Or a football club saying you can't attend games unless you can prove vaccination?

Not that it's likely to happen...but you never know.
I know where you're coming from. I think I've Ian T'd, Ian T 😆. But in the country we live in, nothing will be done. Education is key , is usually the answer. But theresvnot time to educate those who don't want to be educated. Unfortunately
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:24, Tue 12 Jan
Genuine question: does the vaccine stop you getting ill or stop you spreading the virus to others? Or both? And how effective is it?
20:29, Tue 12 Jan
Haircut1000
Genuine question: does the vaccine stop you getting ill or stop you spreading the virus to others? Or both? And how effective is it?
No it doesn't. To the first 2 points
20:30, Tue 12 Jan
It lessens the effects of the virus on your body, so you are less likely to die or get long term damage.

It doesn't necessarily stop you from spreading the virus, which is why it's very important for those that are vaccinated to maintain social distancing and face covering.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.

August 9th
20:31, Tue 12 Jan
Haircut1000

As far as I know

Less chance of getting ill and/or less chance of serious illness.

Over 70 % efficacy.

They don't know yet if it stops you carrying and spreading virus.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
21:28, Tue 12 Jan
IanT
It lessens the effects of the virus on your body, so you are less likely to die or get long term damage.

It doesn't necessarily stop you from spreading the virus, which is why it's very important for those that are vaccinated to maintain social distancing and face covering.

Too early to tell on the second point yet.

Edit- what the guy above me said
“Oh Nikola Zigic”