14:36, Wed 13 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
IanT
It lessens the effects of the virus on your body, so you are less likely to die or get long term damage.

It doesn't necessarily stop you from spreading the virus, which is why it's very important for those that are vaccinated to maintain social distancing and face covering.

Too early to tell on the second point yet.

Edit- what the guy above me said
No vaccine will stop you carrying and spreading it fully.
That's a fact.
You still need to do as we're being told to do now .
Have the vaccine , touch a contaminated surface, you can carry it and spread it

I don’t understand your first sentence and then your last mate.
Both mean exactly as they read

Yeah. Put bluntly, a vaccinated person could still infect - which could potentially kill - someone. It’s quite clear.
18:57, Wed 13 Jan
Hope I can clarify a tiny amount:
1- If you have the vaccine then you ought not be able to subsequently spread Covid19 to someone else a couple of weeks later by breathing on them. You’re antibodies should have done their job and you shouldn’t get it to be able to spread it. A doubly good point to the whole thing.
However, you can be exposed to Covid19 and the virus can be carried around by you on your hands,clothing etc and without vigilance, you could unknowingly spread that to someone else.
2- The chances of healthy people with no medical history requiring hospital level treatment from Covid19 is tiny as a percentage. Much hysteria has been made by parts of the media and even some medical staff because they are stressed and knackered and want it dealt with and ‘gone’. The NHS is being overwhelmed in many areas. It is overwhelmed most winters sadly. This is now the worst ever though. But I do not agree with causing the public an unwarranted mass neurosis that they are in deep shit just because they are Covid19 positive. You really don’t want it, but for 99% it will be no more than a crap couple of weeks.
3- Out of the 500 of our staff who have been exposed to Covid19 between 30 and 200 times none have died so far and only one is permanently debilitated. He’s a great bloke and it hurts me what’s happened to him but I feel the need to illustrate the percentages.
Keep sensible and KRO
21:57, Wed 13 Jan
It’s not your NI number it’s the reference number in the letter you receive from the NHS !!
22:23, Wed 13 Jan
Redditch Blue
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
IanT
It lessens the effects of the virus on your body, so you are less likely to die or get long term damage.

It doesn't necessarily stop you from spreading the virus, which is why it's very important for those that are vaccinated to maintain social distancing and face covering.

Too early to tell on the second point yet.

Edit- what the guy above me said
No vaccine will stop you carrying and spreading it fully.
That's a fact.
You still need to do as we're being told to do now .
Have the vaccine , touch a contaminated surface, you can carry it and spread it

I don’t understand your first sentence and then your last mate.
Both mean exactly as they read

Yeah. Put bluntly, a vaccinated person could still infect - which could potentially kill - someone. It’s quite clear.

Yeah I was agreeing with him, but I'm right in saying they don't know for sure if it makes you less infectious yet.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
mad
22:36, Wed 13 Jan
oldtank
2- The chances of healthy people with no medical history requiring hospital level treatment from Covid19 is tiny as a percentage. Much hysteria has been made by parts of the media and even some medical staff because they are stressed and knackered and want it dealt with and ‘gone’. The NHS is being overwhelmed in many areas. It is overwhelmed most winters sadly. This is now the worst ever though. But I do not agree with causing the public an unwarranted mass neurosis that they are in deep shit just because they are Covid19 positive. You really don’t want it, but for 99% it will be no more than a crap couple of weeks.
Keep sensible and KRO

Healthy people with no medical history amounts to less than half of the adult population
Hysteria has not been created unecessarily. Concern is fully warranted.
Medical staff don't just want it 'gone' so they can have a cushy life pal.
It's serious shit and many many sensible completely healthy people have already died from it
Not to mention the effects of Covid on people later down the line which are yet to be fully realised
22:39, Wed 13 Jan
Does anybody know, or indeed does it matter, which jab you get?

Can you ask? Do they tell you?

Only asking because Pfizer and Moderna have better stats, while Oxford/A is better in oldies apparently.

And tbh, I want the one that’s best for me. In October.
09:30, Thu 14 Jan
mad
mad
oldtank
Keep sensible and KRO

Healthy people with no medical history amounts to less than half of the adult population
It's serious shit and many many sensible completely healthy people have already died from it
Not to mention the effects of Covid on people later down the line which are yet to be fully realised

Can somebody inform me what they class as an underlying health condition?
09:32, Thu 14 Jan
David Xavis
mad
oldtank
Keep sensible and KRO

Things like Asthma, Diabetes. Common things that people get on with their lives whilst having - yet they make you vulnerable to Covid.
09:39, Thu 14 Jan
And is someone with an underlying health condition classed as clinically extremely vulnerable under the Government's vaccination delivery plan?

I ask this with the hope that they are, and that they are due to be vaccinated by the end of next month, the danger to those most at risk then is extremely low. I think we can all agree that the economical and social impacts of the virus and these lockdowns are horrific.
09:42, Thu 14 Jan
David Xavis
And is someone with an underlying health condition classed as clinically extremely vulnerable under the Government's vaccination delivery plan?

I ask this with the hope that they are, and that they are due to be vaccinated by the end of next month, the danger to those most at risk then is extremely low. I think we can all agree that the economical and social impacts of the virus and these lockdowns are horrific.

The trouble is that as Ian said, it’s over half the population in that bracket - they’re never gonna get all that done in a month. I agree with you, vax is the answer but there are huge logistical challenges.
09:47, Thu 14 Jan
El Mayor
David Xavis

The trouble is that as Ian said, it’s over half the population in that bracket - they’re never gonna get all that done in a month. I agree with you, vax is the answer but there are huge logistical challenges.

Granted they're not going to vaccinate circa 30million people but you must imagine once you've vaccinated half of those people, that's 75% of the population who would die of the virus (minus the outliers).

Fingers crossed they don't mess up this roll-out.
09:51, Thu 14 Jan
David Xavis
mad
oldtank
Keep sensible and KRO

As well as the answers Mayor gave you I can tell you with a straight face that having a broken arm is classed as an underlying health condition on the official list.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:57, Thu 14 Jan
Nikola Zigic
David Xavis
mad
oldtank
Keep sensible and KRO

As well as the answers Mayor gave you I can tell you with a straight face that having a broken arm is classed as an underlying health condition on the official list.

Well this is why I ask.

I see the stats and figures mooted and the conspiracy theorists and anti-lockdowners (I suppose we're all anti lockdowners in some sense of the word, they're horrible) point out 'hardly anyone died without an underlying health condition' and the first question that pops into my mind is; what's an underlying health condition? Is it a serious ailment or if I copped it from COVID (I've had it, wasn't nice but certainly no worse than glandular fever!) would the asthma I had when I was 6 and grew out of by the time I was 12 class as one?

I most definitely agree it's extremely serious and don't for one second want to patronize or water-down the health impacts on a vast amount of people, was just curious.
10:42, Thu 14 Jan
Peakyblue
Took MIL (86) to Millennium Point for a jab this morning. Expected quite a wait (took a flask of coffee etc). Took less than 40 mins to complete the lot. Have to say, online booking and organisation at the mass centre v good, despite only day 2. I think it might just work...Anyone else done it?

A flask is a picnic. 200 quid fine please. Don't pass go, straight to jail.
10:57, Thu 14 Jan
David Xavis
Nikola Zigic
David Xavis
mad
oldtank
Keep sensible and KRO

Well this is why I ask.

I see the stats and figures mooted and the conspiracy theorists and anti-lockdowners (I suppose we're all anti lockdowners in some sense of the word, they're horrible) point out 'hardly anyone died without an underlying health condition' and the first question that pops into my mind is; what's an underlying health condition? Is it a serious ailment or if I copped it from COVID (I've had it, wasn't nice but certainly no worse than glandular fever!) would the asthma I had when I was 6 and grew out of by the time I was 12 class as one?

I most definitely agree it's extremely serious and don't for one second want to patronize or water-down the health impacts on a vast amount of people, was just curious.

The anti lock downers statement is flawed massively because the amount of people that fall under this 'pre exitsting health conditions' list is huge.

For instance:
- 7% of the entire population has asthma- a pre-existing health condition. Roughly 5m people.
- You'd be on that list if you've had treatment for a mental health condition recently.
- As above but learning difficulties.
- Joint issues
- Obesity- anyone with a BMI that classes them as obese. Given that BMI is an outdated and unhelpful measure of this, you'd find several million fall into this category despite being pretty normal.
- Recently been treated for a broken bone such as an arm.

I saw an article recently that suggested a rough number of 22m people would be forced to shield if we went along with the 'shield the vulnerable' proposal.

Added to this 22m would be the sheer number of people who'd also need to isolate as they'd need to support the people shielding. You could very quickly have half the population locked away, meaning industry would grind to a halt. It's completely impractical.

Furthermore, it creates a further us and them mentality at a time when we already have people cheering on their favourite politicans like they're footballers. They see no wrong in one and no right in another, you see it on here and twitter all the time, it's pathetic.

More polarisation is not what we need.

Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”