21:40, Wed 13 Jan
Also, aside from 2-3 times (each when they were flying high), they’ve not bought more than 2,000 to Blues in the last 20 years.
21:48, Wed 13 Jan
In the nicest way possible, if there was a club I wouldn’t care about if they went bust, it would probably be Derby.
21:52, Wed 13 Jan
After vile of course
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:05, Wed 13 Jan
I've always found Forest fans to be much more unbearable.

Striking resemblances to Villa.
22:09, Wed 13 Jan
El Mayor
There are stories out there tbf, it might be you’ve not seen them. I read about it in the athletic
The ones I've seen are a bit surface. Pinsent Masons got a High Court judgment against the sheikh for £500k, I assume he still hasn't paid that. That suggests he's a man of straw. Has anyone dug into his background to see whether he actually IS a sheikh? Or whether he has any share of the Abu Dhabi money?

There's also the problem that you could in theory have two members of the same family owning clubs in the same competition. We saw what a disaster that was with the Maxwells (also involving Derby) and I think it's against regulations. So Derby would be barred from going up. Again, in theory, rich people blow the FA and EFL out of the water with legal fees, but firms won't touch someone who owes another firm half a mil...

And why isn't Morris covering the wages given the takeover has not gone through? Is he out of money? What happens if Pride Park is valued at less than £81m in the takeover? Does the EFL charge Derby with perjury?

There are so many questions to answer, nobody seems even to have tried getting in touch with key personnel.
22:15, Wed 13 Jan
bluearmyfaction
El Mayor
There are stories out there tbf, it might be you’ve not seen them. I read about it in the athletic
The ones I've seen are a bit surface. Pinsent Masons got a High Court judgment against the sheikh for £500k, I assume he still hasn't paid that. That suggests he's a man of straw. Has anyone dug into his background to see whether he actually IS a sheikh? Or whether he has any share of the Abu Dhabi money?

There's also the problem that you could in theory have two members of the same family owning clubs in the same competition. We saw what a disaster that was with the Maxwells (also involving Derby) and I think it's against regulations. So Derby would be barred from going up. Again, in theory, rich people blow the FA and EFL out of the water with legal fees, but firms won't touch someone who owes another firm half a mil...

And why isn't Morris covering the wages given the takeover has not gone through? Is he out of money? What happens if Pride Park is valued at less than £81m in the takeover? Does the EFL charge Derby with perjury?

There are so many questions to answer, nobody seems even to have tried getting in touch with key personnel.

Sheikh Mustafah Leek
22:18, Wed 13 Jan
Totally agree.
22:20, Wed 13 Jan
I've lived in Derby for a few years now and generally I've found the fans to be decent. Pretty realistic in their ambition (until this takeover rumour) and want to watch a team that work hard and play decent football, in that order. Very 'blues-like'.

They have the more successful big brother that has always overshadowed them in Forest, they have the other local team flying high because of foreign investment in Leicester, all sounds very similar to us with Villa and Wolves.
22:30, Wed 13 Jan
bluearmyfaction
El Mayor
What happens if Pride Park is valued at less than £81m in the takeover? Does the EFL charge Derby with perjury?

It could be something as simple as this that is holding the deal up. With tax implications as well as FFP in play.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
23:25, Wed 13 Jan
Robert Hopkins
bluearmyfaction
El Mayor
What happens if Pride Park is valued at less than £81m in the takeover? Does the EFL charge Derby with perjury?

It could be something as simple as this that is holding the deal up. With tax implications as well as FFP in play.

When takeover was confirmed in Nov 2020 it was stated that it was unclear whether the deal includes the sale of Pride Park.

Also isn't the takeover price around £60m? (Apologies if that's wrong)

If it is then whichever valuation of Pride Park you take (£41m on the books when it was sold to Mel Morris for £80m) it is unlikely to be included in the sale.

Won't Derby County FC just carry on leasing it from Morris after the sale?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
23:58, Wed 13 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
After vile of course

Ah but I would care, I’d care a whole lot. So much so I’d be out celebrating for 3 weeks 😄
02:17, Thu 14 Jan
Robert Hopkins

Been told it’s money, or lack thereof.
06:48, Thu 14 Jan
It's looked like that for a few weeks, especially with the hadn't paid some of the Newcastle attempted takeover fees pre Christmas

[www.chroniclelive.co.uk]
07:06, Thu 14 Jan
why do they keep on trying to buy clubs if theyve got no bleeding money then?
07:10, Thu 14 Jan
Same reason folks have more than one credit card ? 🤷‍♂️