Linked Image

Cape Verde last January. I gave him the shirt. I'm not all that bad 👍
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
14:48, Sat 16 Jan
Bumped into Robert Hokins in a hotel in Alcudia, Mallorca a few years ago........does that count ???
22:30, Sun 17 Jan
Remote village on the Isle of Lewis in the outer Hebrides.
Lives with my wife’s second or third cousin - she met him in Wales.
When I first met him, as soon as he spoke I knew a fellow brummie, but we did the dance first because neither wanted to spoil a reunion of cousins.
However, it eventually had to be asked, Blues or Villa?
Fortunately for the good order of all, he answered correctly.
I really should have known because he had the right number of fingers.
Regards, Mick
23:33, Sun 17 Jan
eddybluenose
Bumped into Robert Hokins in a hotel in Alcudia, Mallorca a few years ago........does that count ???

Had a chat and a photo with Hoppy in Hong Kong when he was playing out there.

A couple of years ago was in Kiruna in northern Sweden when I bumped into one of the Swedish Blues who was there for the weekend visiting his daughter. It felt like I’d known him all my life, nice guy and really got what following Blues was all about which he was trying to explain to his daughter without her sounding too convinced!

Met loads of Blues fans over the years following England cricket on winter tours, including meeting Des in Sydney!
00:22, Mon 18 Jan
Hanoi in 2019
Was it the elusive Mr King?
Regards, Mick
00:25, Mon 18 Jan
I was there a couple of years ago, I didn't know about the Blues connection. We were sat outside having a drink and the staff were quite obnoxious toward a young couple who sat down at the table next to us because they had a baby buggy with them. The couple went to the bar next door which was run by a luton fan no problems there.🤷🏻‍♂️

The Dolphin inn Costa teguise Lanzarote
One of the handful of people I saw in Byblos, Lebanon towards the end of 2019 was a local special needs last who was about 11 wearing a red Blues women's top. He wouldn't have been a fan but it was still odd.

Various main drinking bars in Doha over the past 15 years have been run by brothers who are Blues.
We have been reigning champions of the South for nearly 75 years and nobody talks about it. Why?
07:25, Mon 18 Jan
Mine involve being in places where I was with Villa fans wearing their rags.

Brother lives in Toronto and is Vile. On a visit when on a trip with him about 80 miles north of Toronto. Can't even remember what the place was called but very small. On arrival stop off for a coffee where within 30 seconds we were joined by a Bluenose from Sheldon on a working tour of North America.

1988...Malta. 4 of us sitting outside a bar. 3 Blues and 1 Villa. Again Viller in shirt. From nowhere a rendition of SOTV breaks out. Que much laughter from 3 of us. Look around. No idea who it was. Move on to another bar and the same thing happens..... Move on and again it happens. To this day no idea who it was but I'd love to have shook their hand cos it most certainly p'd off one out of the four of us that night 😂😂
DES
08:30, Mon 18 Jan
bluepeter
eddybluenose

A couple of years ago was in Kiruna in northern Sweden when I bumped into one of the Swedish Blues who was there for the weekend visiting his daughter. It felt like I’d known him all my life, nice guy and really got what following Blues was all about which he was trying to explain to his daughter without her sounding too convinced!

Met loads of Blues fans over the years following England cricket on winter tours, including meeting Des in Sydney!

Hi Pete,
You were in Northern Sweeden? I went there to a paper Mill in Pitea and the guy who met us from the airport, although not strictly a Blues fan, talked the whole journey about our very recent league cup win at Wembley!

KRO
14:04, Mon 18 Jan
DES
DES
bluepeter
eddybluenose

Hi Pete,
You were in Northern Sweeden? I went there to a paper Mill in Pitea and the guy who met us from the airport, although not strictly a Blues fan, talked the whole journey about our very recent league cup win at Wembley!

KRO

Yes - Kiruna and a few other places round there, and then got the train to Narvik in Norway. I have been to Sweden, Norway and Finland probably around 40 times. I started going for work reasons and then just carried on as I liked the countries and the people. Watched a few live games over there too and I even watched us get promoted in 2009(?) in a bar in Bergen with the Norwegian Blues, lots of hugging going on that day!!

These days if I'm not watching Blues or the cricket, I'm watching some Nordic Noir on the TV!
14:33, Mon 18 Jan
Ealing and Durham of course but not when Blues were playing up there.
15:08, Mon 18 Jan
Cuba.

Not that surprising as it was in a hotel in a popular resort but seeing 'KRO' tattooed on his back immediately prompted an "Alright mate, up the blues"
15:31, Mon 18 Jan
Jameo
Cuba.

Not that surprising as it was in a hotel in a popular resort but seeing 'KRO' tattooed on his back immediately prompted an "Alright mate, up the blues"

Same here, 2 couples from Redditch and bump into them on some matches.
15:44, Mon 18 Jan
Just outside Saint-Étienne train station on the morning of the England v Argentina match (Beckham sent off; Paul Ince and David Batty missing from 12 yards). The Blues lad spotted my Blues gold pendant, made a beeline for me and gave me spare ticket for the match. Truly mental. Tickets were like hen’s teeth. Couldn’t believe my luck.

Rose and Crown pub (Epcot/Disney, Florida) mutual gold pendant spotting this time. After the obligatory nod and “aright, mate” we bent each other’s ears about Blues, over a pint or two, for quite a while ........our families just looked on. (I paid for it later)

The Best of British Pub in Orlando. Ordered a pint and a pack of Walker’s and the young lady serving turned out to be from Chelmsley and of course a Blues fan.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Just outside Saint-Étienne train station on the morning of the England v Argentina match (Beckham sent off; Paul Ince and David Batty missing from 12 yards). The Blues lad spotted my Blues gold pendant, made a beeline for me and gave me spare ticket for the match. Truly mental. Tickets were like hen’s teeth. Couldn’t believe my luck.

Rose and Crown pub (Epcot/Disney, Florida) mutual gold pendant spotting this time. After the obligatory nod and “aright, mate” we bent each other’s ears about Blues, over a pint or two, for quite a while ........our families just looked on. (I paid for it later)

The Best of British Pub in Orlando. Ordered a pint and a pack of Walker’s and the young lady serving turned out to be from Chelmsley and of course a Blues fan.

I loved the Blues flag draped over the city wall in Nuremberg before the Trinidad v England game in 2006 - Joys 1 Sorrows 2. Brilliant!