08:51, Sun 17 Jan
😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
13:03, Sun 17 Jan
It made me laugh
16:02, Sun 17 Jan
Xxxxx.
I would like MSJ to be the Rock upon which our promotion season gets built. He played very well yesterday, as did most of the rest. Toral contributed but was a bit meh in my opinion. But MSJ has also looked closer to Ndoye than Tebily in a number of matches since he arrived. I hope and want him to be a great signing. Better experience of Spain 1 in the squad than Efl 2. But he ain't been all that yet. Can be. I hope so.
21:36, Sun 17 Jan
I thought he did well at Man City as well.

I refuse to see MSJ as the abomination that others have made out. He shouldn't be lumped with Clayton in the "he's been really" category.
Dong Ren Out.
21:53, Sun 17 Jan
Agreed. I try not to be negative about our players compared to many on here (except the N'doye reference in the last one). But equally I don't think that a couple of good games here and there or a reputation made elsewhere means they are the new great hope. I don't think you said as much either. I think MSJ played very well yesterday and can be very composed particularly at centre back. But before I accept that he has more to offer consistently than the other squad members I'd like to see a string of performances from MSJ at yesterday's level. And from the rest of the squad actually. Sanchez is the only one who maintains a good level for the standard we are at so far this season, maybe Roberts and Etheridge (howlers aside) too in my humble opinion.
02:21, Mon 18 Jan
LH_4
Been critical of him in the past so happy to admit that he was brilliant today.

Still concerned about his exposure to quick forwards

His pace over that first yard seems abysmal but when he gets into his stride he actually looked average not awful.

I was surprised as just thought he was slow full stop
02:23, Mon 18 Jan
roger hynd
David Xavis
LH_4
Been critical of him in the

If that's the partnership that Karanka wants to settle on then I think it's important that we start gelling the team and building on this. Getting them used to each other and the patterns of play.

Yup.

If he makes 6 changes Tuesday i’ll be annoyed.

Halilovic for Toral, MAYBE Peds for Friend if he needs to rotate.

Gards for Kief or Sunjic at a push.

No more.

Yep
Toral was off the pace today but will probably start due to haliovic fitness concerns
If we could get haliovic fit we'd look a decent side maybe

In Haliovic last game he looked good in spats but he was replaced by Gards, who moved to the right with sanchez as a 10 and it worked to an extent

I would like to try Sanchez there again
13:53, Mon 18 Jan
Agreed - I think his fitness showed a bit of improvement at the weekend - let's hope it wasn't a one-off and that is the type of performance we can see more consistently - my worry would be pacey strikers playing the through-ball but hopefully we can be smart enough to play a sweeper for those situations
13:54, Mon 18 Jan
barnieeee
LH_4
Been critical of him in the past so happy to admit that he was brilliant today.

Still concerned about his exposure to quick forwards

His pace over that first yard seems abysmal but when he gets into his stride he actually looked average not awful.

I was surprised as just thought he was slow full stop

Agreed - I think his fitness showed a bit of improvement at the weekend - let's hope it wasn't a one-off and that is the type of performance we can see more consistently - my worry would be pacey strikers playing the through-ball but hopefully we can be smart enough to play a sweeper for those situations
14:02, Mon 18 Jan
BMBlues

Must admit the 5-4-1 or whatever you want to call it that AK has used last two games has worked well as well. Wouldn't be adverse to us starting tough away games in that system.