09:28, Sun 17 Jan
Blues fans are incredible sometimes, we seem so determined to apply harsher standards to our own players than we do to the opposition.

The two incidents yesterday involving Juke and Sanchez, had they involved our defenders we would have agreed they were clear fouls and furthermore showed our players to be dogshit and stealing a living. As it is some of us think they were not worth fouls and show our players to be divers.

Odd.
09:32, Sun 17 Jan
Sanchez Incident - Dive
McNair (Toral Booking) - Dive & screamed loudly to get him booked
Foul on Juke - Penalty
Sunjic Foul Late on - Dive, no contact

That’s how I saw them all, I try and look at them completely objectively.
09:44, Sun 17 Jan
Le Mod
I try and look at them completely objectively.

So do I, from my position on the fence I try to look at everything objectively.

I disagree about the Sanchez one, there was one angle I saw which seemed to make it look quite obvious that McNair made a double movement to be sure he got a piece. But to be fair they were so busy obsessing about our disgraceful goal celebration and Sanchez taking a baseball bat to McNair that they didn’t look in much detail. But disagreeing is fine.

But like I say, it often seems to me that some of our fans are very determined to apply double standards against us.
09:45, Sun 17 Jan
I think people were talking about the foul given against Sunjic in the 44th minute just a couple of yards outside the corner of the box. Etheridge tipped the free kick over. That was another dive (no contact). I agree about Assombalonga diving though to get him booked late on.
I still think McNair caught Sanchez and wanted to. But Sanchez does look to initiate contact at times. Maybe in that incident as well
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:49, Sun 17 Jan
Le Mod
Sanchez Incident - Dive
Foul on Juke - Penalty

In the Sanchez incident, yes, there was minimal contact but that was only because Sanchez had taken evasive action to miss the defenders outstretched leg. At the very least this would be construed as obstruction and a free kick should be given. Obviously he was then lucky not to be sent off for a petulant kick back but the decision should have gone his way in the first place.Also the Juke penalty incident, defender wrong side pulling back attacker, 100% penalty. I am far from one eyed but these incidents highlight that we are not getting the bread and butter decisions that every team should expect to get.
09:51, Sun 17 Jan
Spike
But like I say, it often seems to me that some of our fans are very determined to apply double standards against us.
That’s a fact. And there’s enough to criticise at times without making things up. Not only are some players harshly criticised when we lose , some seem to want to never offer any praise when the players play well. That’s definitely the case with Roberts and especially Dean. The defence were effin great yesterday. Dean, MSJ, Colin and Friend all 8 out of 10 minimum
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:54, Sun 17 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Sanchez does look to initiate contact at times. Maybe in that incident as well

Possibly, but again that’s a classic example. If that were our defender there would be loads of people calling him thick and saying that if you hang a leg out the forward is perfectly entitled to go over, you can’t complain, that’s modern football etc.
09:57, Sun 17 Jan
Anyone remember this one, ABH with video evidence.
[www.google.co.uk]
Did sky make so much of this at the time?
09:59, Sun 17 Jan
Spike
Rab C Nesbitt
Sanchez does look to initiate contact at times. Maybe in that incident as well

Possibly, but again that’s a classic example. If that were our defender there would be loads of people calling him thick and saying that if you hang a leg out the forward is perfectly entitled to go over, you can’t complain, that’s modern football etc.
Tbf I did say McNair caught him and wanted to.
We’ve been shafted at some very important times this season. And shafted ourselves at times. 16 points (the most in the league) we’ve dropped from winning positions, allied with some rank decisions from officials. We could easily be around the top 10. Yet this week some are still saying we are nailed on to go down, we haven’t improved from the lockdown performances etc.
10:02, Sun 17 Jan
Sorry yeah I’m on about the same one where Etheridge tipped it over, no contact and a dive from the Boro lad. The Assombalonga one was a foul and a yellow I thought, he got his ankle.
10:04, Sun 17 Jan
Yeah, obviously I wasn’t aiming that at you because we agree generally and in that case.

Just giving an example of the way Blues fans generally apply different standards depending on what suits best for slagging our own players off.
10:06, Sun 17 Jan
Le Mod
The Assombalonga one was a foul and a yellow I thought, he got his ankle.

Yeah I agree with that, Sunjic made sure he got him there to stop the break.
10:06, Sun 17 Jan
One swallow mate....

Hope you're right, let's see where we are after the next 3 games.

And for the record, no one is going to convince me that Nair wasn't beaten by Sanchez's ball and pace and deliberately obstructed him. Free kick and booking all day long.
10:20, Sun 17 Jan
Le Mod
Sanchez Incident - Dive
Foul on Juke - Penalty

Yes, I do as well. The same as I’ll try and defend a player if he’s doing well, and he’s still being knocked as it’s the current fashion. Several of our players have gone through that particular mill. I don’t like the one-eyed attitude that some of us have (and I’m sure that I do at times), but I like to try and call it as I see it, and to apply the same rules to our players - as much as possible- as I would to an opposition player. I do like a player that gives his all for us though, and am probably biased in that respect.
The Belle of St. Trillions
10:32, Sun 17 Jan
To be fair somebody could convince me if they showed me a better angle than the best one I have seen. The one I saw clearly appeared to show McNair starting off by sticking his leg out and then when it looked like Sanchez was still going past him he stuck a bit of hip into it to make sure he got a piece.

I honestly don’t think McNair realised there was nobody behind him, he thought he was taking a booking for the team but didn’t know his mates had gone missing and effectively left nothing but grass behind him.