21:21, Sat 16 Jan
Great result today, all of them deserve praise.
Mk Has been great value, whilst we have been lower championship. Better value than Sunjic, Clayton (so far) for example. Dutch Mike exemplifies the best of what we have been last few years (Davies, Maghoma too from time to time). Still doing a good job at what he does. Still wish we were better though.
21:22, Sat 16 Jan
I'd much, much rather see Kieftenbeld given another one or two years and see Clayton sold to literally anyone who's stupid enough.
23:56, Sat 16 Jan
I didn't watch him particularly but it seemed that he has a great knack for picking up second balls, like he has an intelligence and awareness of where the ball will fall and gets himself to it.

Granted most second balls will fall in midfield but he seems to get there more than anyone
00:08, Sun 17 Jan
My Blue Heaven
I think if we do want to move forward we need a better type of player but I’ll always appreciate his contribution here

People keep saying this and whilst it’s not wrong in itself it ignores the importance of the type of player he is and how much teams in this division need players with those qualities as much as ball players. It’s very short sighted and idealistic. Also we have proven over the last couple of seasons that we don’t have either the cash or the wider management ability within the club to bring in those better types of player. We Weren’t far off the play offs with Kief in Rowetts side.

His passing today was fine anyway. As good as anybody else’s.
00:14, Sun 17 Jan
I'd give him a new contract. He's a really useful player and despite bring bombed out a few times now by different managers, he's never let his head drop and has always fought his way back into the side. We all know about his limitations but he's been vital to us since he's come back into the side this year.
00:42, Sun 17 Jan
Some clever work in the transfer market and we could pick up a replacement for any of the central midfielders. I think if Kief isn’t offered a new contract we should also think about moving Clayton and Gardner.

If Karanka is still here next summer I’d like to see a clear out.
00:58, Sun 17 Jan
Good squad player at least, well worth another year.
I'm fairly certain he thought he was off, whether his choice or not don't know but I know he was considering a move while he was injured. How that has changed this season I don't know but I would like him to have another good couple of seasons as a good squad player whatever we are trying to achieve.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
11:14, Sun 17 Jan
When he leaves he will go out a bit of hero, not a great player but a completely committed one who gave his all.

He’s got to be up there as one of best signings we’ve made on the last decade? Was if 200k we paid for him?

He’s a very nice fella too.

And in fairness to him, I think he used the ball well today

Very similar to DD, a tiny bit better on the ball. We do need his legs in there, unless they plan an upgrade, give him a new contract.
12:02, Sun 17 Jan
He's underestimated time after time by fans and managers. In all the years we've had kief, we've never not benefited from him being in the team. I've heard the "we need a better style of player than him" too much. He's an ngolo kante type player. Every team needs someone like him. Ok he's not that great at passing but neither are the rest of them. I'd give him a 2 year personally. I'd consider dancing a 1 year In front of him disrespectful considering the money we've spent on others.
13:32, Sun 17 Jan
I think we need to be very careful when handing out contracts. We really need to reduce the wage bill. He will be 31 by the end of his contract
13:39, Sun 17 Jan
Pat Phelan
He's underestimated time after time by fans and managers. In all the years we've had kief, we've never not benefited from him being in the team. I've heard the "we need a better style of player than him" too much. He's an ngolo kante type player. Every team needs someone like him. Ok he's not that great at passing but neither are the rest of them. I'd give him a 2 year personally. I'd consider dancing a 1 year In front of him disrespectful considering the money we've spent on others.

Agreed. Even those saying we should keep him as a squad player are underestimating how important to us he is at the moment. We invariably struggle when he is not in the team, or even when he is in it and not playing so well. But when he plays and plays well so do the team. As a club we just don’t seem to either be in the market place for, or capable of signing, anybody who can’t a better job, whether we like it or not.
13:40, Sun 17 Jan
Bluestaines
Pat Phelan

Agreed. Even those saying we should keep him as a squad player are underestimating how important to us he is at the moment. We invariably struggle when he is not in the team, or even when he is in it and not playing so well. But when he plays and plays well so do the team. As a club we just don’t seem to either be in the market place for, or capable of signing, anybody who can’t a better job, whether we like it or not.

CAN do a better job I meant.
13:48, Sun 17 Jan
Had a good game v Boro, must have covered a lot of distance and put himself about.
I'd give him another year.
Do we need a creative midfielder who can play alongside him?
15:17, Sun 17 Jan
I keep seeing all the posts about needing an upgrade on kief

we've signed numerous upgrades in the years he's been here

None of them have improved us more than when kiefs playing so far