07:42, Sun 21 Feb
I wouldn't say he doesn't want us to win, he is just incredibly risk-averse. But his nature overwhelms him as it did at Wycombe, a game we could and should have won if only he had made a positive change.

What he did yesterday caused us pressure that was not present before the changes. He made those changes because he feared losing the lead (even though that never looked likely).

But what he did was to kill our attacking areas - it was all coming from out wide - and force us deep, which inevitably invites the opposition on. Whilst we made breaks, it was Hogan running the channels and feeding balls into the box where the free man was MSJ. It meant that we could not capitalise on those breaks.

There are ways of seeing a game out. Timing is important as are the type of changes you make. Throwing on 8 defensive players isn't intelligent, it is simplistic and often counter-intuitive.
07:44, Sun 21 Feb
Fair play and you do have a valid argument. For me, it is about whether you judge yesterday as a single game or indicative of a pattern of behaviour.

For you, the former; for me, the latter.
08:21, Sun 21 Feb
What is this behaviour? He’s defensive and risk averse, we know that, we knew that before he arrive so that is a definite patter but another pattern has emerged over the last 5 or 6 games. We have been set up to be on the front more and we have been on the front more, Wycombe apart which as just a shambles.

Milllwall on current form are one of the best teams in the division, they couldn’t lay a glove on us, and we gave them plenty to think about. Look at the prediction thread for yesterday’s game, few gave us a prayer but they rarely troubled us, even before the sending off.

Scoring remains a rather large issue but over a few weeks our overall stats in all areas have been improving. That’s a pattern of behaviour that isn’t really being recognised.
08:24, Sun 21 Feb
We have been set up to be on the front more and we have been on the front more

😂
08:26, Sun 21 Feb
We were on the front foot v Wycombe tbf. More than in any game for an hour so. We missed chances and the ref was a bastard. The last 20 odd minutes was when Karanka failed that night. His gutlessness was sickeningly clear. But we should have won that by 3
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
08:46, Sun 21 Feb
We have been set up to be on the front more and we have been on the front more

😂

Not been watching Scoobers?

🥱
08:53, Sun 21 Feb
I have, love your sense of humour FB 😎
09:36, Sun 21 Feb
3 points... but..... struggled against a poor poor Wednesday side.... AKs subs were again questionable to say the least. They hadn't threatened at all until he plays just the four centre backs!!
I know they make changes but 10 v 11 and bringing on 2 centre backs at 75 mins just Inviting pressure..
If Rhodes scores the header he falls on his own sword again

Still get rid for me
No progression
Subs are poor
Players scared to death to play
Could be back down to earth with Norwich up next
09:51, Sun 21 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
We were on the front foot v Wycombe tbf. More than in any game for an hour so. We missed chances and the ref was a bastard. The last 20 odd minutes was when Karanka failed that night. His gutlessness was sickeningly clear. But we should have won that by 3

Assumed he meant Luton.
09:54, Sun 21 Feb
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt

Assumed he meant Luton.
Oh. It would have helped if he hadn’t spelt Luton as Wycombe 😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:59, Sun 21 Feb
Let’s face it lads, I’m not Spike, but thankfully I have fact checkers on board.
10:00, Sun 21 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt

Assumed he meant Luton.
Oh. It would have helped if he hadn’t spelt Luton as Wycombe 😁

Sure but its early and he got mixed up. We weren't bad against Wycombe but we were terrible against Luton. I used my brains.
10:14, Sun 21 Feb
bluer than blues
Great 3 points with some good performances from all but especially Bela, Harper, and Hogan.

But...

After going against his own principles and making a positive change that directly led to a goal, Karanka reverts to type, strips us of our threat and allows Wednesday back into the match. But for that Etheridge save, the game could have ended 1-1. It was completely unnecessary and showed that Karanka has negativity and fear in his soul and that will never change.

Some may think me stupid for this statement, but I don't want to see this football anymore even if it leads to promotion. I don't enjoy it, it ruins our play and it means we will not see a healthy number of goals under this manager.

Sadly the win prolongs the time Karanka is in charge. What a terrible state to be in where I can't have a spring in my step after a Blues away win.
10:46, Sun 21 Feb
Both Bela and Sanchez are important players for us and with another game on Tuesday perhaps AK's thinking was to rest them both for the final 15 minutes and at the same time park the bus. I'm not a fan of his defensive style, but perhaps there is some logic in the substitutions looking at the bigger picture.
10:49, Sun 21 Feb
bluer than blues
I wouldn't say he doesn't want us to win, he is just incredibly risk-averse. But his nature overwhelms him as it did at Wycombe, a game we could and should have won if only he had made a positive change.

What he did yesterday caused us pressure that was not present before the changes. He made those changes because he feared losing the lead (even though that never looked likely).

But what he did was to kill our attacking areas - it was all coming from out wide - and force us deep, which inevitably invites the opposition on. Whilst we made breaks, it was Hogan running the channels and feeding balls into the box where the free man was MSJ. It meant that we could not capitalise on those breaks.

There are ways of seeing a game out. Timing is important as are the type of changes you make. Throwing on 8 defensive players isn't intelligent, it is simplistic and often counter-intuitive.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say we had 2 pretty good chances after the subs.