10:29, Mon 22 Feb
See he's about to be announced as Bristol City's new manager. That's one potential Karanka replacement out of the running then.
10:39, Mon 22 Feb
Kinder Eases the blow. Had we sacked AK saturday I think pearson would of chose bristol city over us no doubt in my mind
10:41, Mon 22 Feb
Joey Barton in at Rovers as well.

They couldn't let Bristol City get ahead of the in the unlikeable manager stakes.
10:43, Mon 22 Feb
Gutted, would have welcomed him.
10:46, Mon 22 Feb
I don't like Pearson and wouldn't have wanted him.

Don't like him as a bloke and whatever he had as a manager I think he has lost. He seems pretty lacking in motivation to me these days.

We'll see, but even if we had a managerial vacancy I wouldn't want him.
10:49, Mon 22 Feb
I agree, he has been my no1 choice all along, I have no doubt Bristol City will go from strength to strength.
10:49, Mon 22 Feb
I'd take him over AK at this point but that's obviously an incredibly low bar.

I agree though, I'm not sure there are any free managers who would get me excited. Paul Cook would probably be the best one but I think he's overrated on here.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:50, Mon 22 Feb
Spike

Don't like him as a bloke and whatever he had as a manager I think he has lost. He seems pretty lacking in motivation to me these days.

Have you ever met him Spike?
10:56, Mon 22 Feb
sheffield blue
Spike

Have you ever met him Spike?

Ive not, but he does seem a rather fecking strange bloke.
10:58, Mon 22 Feb
Nope, but I have seen him rolling round on the touchline fighting with a player and seen him in a press conference behaving like an utter fanny toward a journalist who had done nothing to deserve it.

Those things don't make him a very decent bloke as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I need to have actually met him to judge him on those actions.

Only my opinion of course, you are welcome to disagree.
11:02, Mon 22 Feb

There was a big deal made of his early record at Watford when he arrived, a manager, not a coach, they said. Didn’t last.

He’s only ever done well at Leicester. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Nothing against him, I don’t mind blokes who refuse to play the anodyne pr game, but I hope he turns out to be shit.
11:02, Mon 22 Feb
Spike

Best available candidate by a long way.
His pedigree is way above the other managers mentioned on here.

I think "liking him" is irrelevant...it's his credentials that matter
11:04, Mon 22 Feb
Spike

Name those credentials
11:06, Mon 22 Feb
It's a shame because Bristol were in total freefall, We probably have to cross them off the list of relegation candidates now.
11:07, Mon 22 Feb
Boo42
Spike

I think AK has proven that solely looking at a managers achievements isn't enough.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.