13:17, Mon 22 Feb
Fat Buddha
Super Hans
Boo42
Super Hans
Boo42
Spike
I don't like Pearson and wouldn't have wanted him.

Don't like him as a bloke and whatever he had as a manager I think he has lost. He seems pretty lacking in motivation to me these days.

We'll see, but even if we had a managerial vacancy I wouldn't want him.

Best available candidate by a long way.
His pedigree is way above the other managers mentioned on here.

I think "liking him" is irrelevant...it's his credentials that matter

I think AK has proven that solely looking at a managers achievements isn't enough.

AK 1 season in Prem doesn't count as a achievement in my estimation
Comparing AJ to Pearson chalk and cheese

Don't know Pearson don't know any of the available managers no-one does

I have seen him be a bit terse with journos and called them out ๐Ÿ‘
He is quite arrogant but that's not always a bad thing.
He knows how to put a side together
I'm tired of us shopping in Basement bargains for the last 10yrs or more.

So AK's promotion and half season in the PL don't count but Pearsons promotion does?

Never said that..Pearson has operated at a higher level for longer with better players.

I don't care if he's a bit of an arse ie: Alex Ferguson

Sports journalists gave Pearson credit for building the team that won the title, as did player Riyad Mahrez.

It was 5 games before he gave Marhez a start. The man clearly knows nothing about football

Even Karanka knows you donโ€™t start new players.
13:32, Mon 22 Feb
Super Hans
Pearson certainly did build a good squad, I don't know how much of that was him or the management structure at Leicester which has proven to be far more succesful after him than Pearson has been at other clubs.

Going back to my original point, your using something Pearson did around 6 years ago as proof that he'd be great now, something I was guilty of regarding AK in the summer.

Maybe he will do really well with Bristol, we've had plenty of yesterdays managers recently who have been shite for us so I'd rather go for an up and coming manager who's having success right now. The last time we did that we had our best finish since Hughton.

I'm really not saying he'd great just better than what's been touted/available! Never wanted Karanka as pal of is Boro and described what we would get . Sadly he was spot on.

I'd prefer Eddie Howe who has operated successfully at most levels but would he come here?

Think Paul Cook has done well at his past 3 clubs and I like him but I want better cause we have had better ๐Ÿ˜‰

Obviously Dongs the real problem in all of this shit show
13:58, Mon 22 Feb
Why, do you need to have met someone to not like them?
14:44, Mon 22 Feb
Tomkins

Call me old fashioned, but having met someone (against someone who hasn't) just may put you in a better position to judge someone's character?
15:04, Mon 22 Feb
The one constant with Leicester is Jon Rudkin. His story is quite interesting. He's Leicester born and started helping the youth set-up after being a youth team player himself. He rose through the ranks and quickly became director of the academy, being directly responsible for a number of quality players coming through. Leicester's upsurge starts from around the time he took over as DoF, I'm pretty sure this coincided with Leicester's run in the season they avoided relegation from the Prem. I know quite a bit about Rudkin because I had a connection through a connection for a number of years, he took a terrible amount of stick the season following the one in which Leicester won the league when it looked like the wheels had come off. Having made some signings which didn't work out, he was justifiably held responsible given that he had the final say on signings, at least he was up until Brendan Rodgers took over. I don't know if that is still the case. He literally couldn't leave his house without somebody thinking they had a right to challenge him. When you look at Troy Deeney's reasons for saying that he'd never play for Blues, it makes you understand why when you see some of the petty and not so petty things that went on with Rudkin and his family in the 18 months or so following the PL win.

He's an amazing success story, a down to earth bloke with a track record to rival many in football. His wife kept her job and they lived in a modest house until fairly recently, they just wanted to be as 'ordinary' as possible. This worked against him when things weren't going to well. I know he himself doesn't seek the publicity and he's not at ease with all that comes with such a demanding role but even so, there is little about the part he's played in the public domain.
15:41, Mon 22 Feb
Miguelagenn
The one constant with Leicester is Jon Rudkin. His story is quite interesting. He's Leicester born and started helping the youth set-up after being a youth team player himself. He rose through the ranks and quickly became director of the academy, being directly responsible for a number of quality players coming through. Leicester's upsurge starts from around the time he took over as DoF, I'm pretty sure this coincided with Leicester's run in the season they avoided relegation from the Prem. I know quite a bit about Rudkin because I had a connection through a connection for a number of years, he took a terrible amount of stick the season following the one in which Leicester won the league when it looked like the wheels had come off. Having made some signings which didn't work out, he was justifiably held responsible given that he had the final say on signings, at least he was up until Brendan Rodgers took over. I don't know if that is still the case. He literally couldn't leave his house without somebody thinking they had a right to challenge him. When you look at Troy Deeney's reasons for saying that he'd never play for Blues, it makes you understand why when you see some of the petty and not so petty things that went on with Rudkin and his family in the 18 months or so following the PL win.

He's an amazing success story, a down to earth bloke with a track record to rival many in football. His wife kept her job and they lived in a modest house until fairly recently, they just wanted to be as 'ordinary' as possible. This worked against him when things weren't going to well. I know he himself doesn't seek the publicity and he's not at ease with all that comes with such a demanding role but even so, there is little about the part he's played in the public domain.

What a great post ๐Ÿ‘

That's what we lack the continuity throughout the club of football people. And more recently, with are current owners who have/are taking BCFC apart bit by bit.

We certainly need a DoF ...
Dongs just not good enough ๐Ÿ˜•
15:46, Mon 22 Feb
Steve Walsh too, scouting out gems. That might not be the fellas name though, might be someone else. Paul Walsh. Bradley Walsh. Micky Walsh. One of those bastards.
15:53, Mon 22 Feb
sheffield blue
Tomkins

Call me old fashioned, but having met someone (against someone who hasn't) just may put you in a better position to judge someone's character?

Fair comment - but when someone is in the public eye, and you see them on TV demonstrating piss poor behaviour on more than one occasion, I think it's probably ok to assume they ain't great people without having to meet them.
16:22, Mon 22 Feb
Quite correct Spike, and we also have to factor in that some people think I'm alright yet others think I'm a tw*t! (if I knew how to insert smiley face I would)
17:21, Mon 22 Feb
Spike
sheffield blue
Tomkins

Fair comment - but when someone is in the public eye, and you see them on TV demonstrating piss poor behaviour on more than one occasion, I think it's probably ok to assume they ain't great people without having to meet them.

Fair comment- this equally applies to Dong & Mr King 2๐Ÿค” and their nefarious activities.

It doesn't seem to have bothered Bristol and isn't nesscessarily a pre-request to being a football manager/player.
Fat Buddha
You ainโ€™t met my Mrs

Has she got big bastards then?
Why donโ€™t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
19:54, Mon 22 Feb
John could not agree more,apparently Eddie Howe turned the job down waiting for the Blues!