10:17, Sat 11 Sep
For the first time in 10 years I feel like there are some real solid footing being put in places regarding the club as a whole (no pun intended re stands) we know turning this club around is a bigger job than turning of the titanic bowyer and gards know what this club is all about they "get us" if you like, but its going to take a few years with all the off field damage that dong has done to our club...but for the first time in years I'm feeling positive with bowyer and gards at the helm onwards and upwards.
10:23, Sat 11 Sep
It's the hope that kills....

Should be the club motto, tbh.
10:23, Sat 11 Sep
Don’t want to piss on anyone’s chips here and I’m all for dreaming of better … but Dong was not the problem, only ever a symptom of it - and that problem has in no way gone away.
10:32, Sat 11 Sep
True but I think we can all agree, for the first time in years the manager doesn't appear to be on the verge of walking, we've actually had a really good window of recruitment, we are playing good football and winning games.

I think of Dong not simply as a symptom by as a sub-disease of an altogether bigger ailment. Whilst that main disorder is still with us, at least we've stopped the disease that was giving us vomiting and diarrhoea, so to speak.
10:42, Sat 11 Sep
bluer than blues
True but I think we can all agree, for the first time in years the manager doesn't appear to be on the verge of walking, we've actually had a really good window of recruitment, we are playing good football and winning games.

I think of Dong not simply as a symptom by as a sub-disease of an altogether bigger ailment. Whilst that main disorder is still with us, at least we've stopped the disease that was giving us vomiting and diarrhoea, so to speak.

That’s all fair comment
10:50, Sat 11 Sep
But dong did cause a lot of grief and bad feeling just being around the place.....its got to be much better without him hasn't it in the day to day running of the club.
10:56, Sat 11 Sep
El Mayor
bluer than blues

That’s all fair comment

I see a lot similarities with us and West Ham at the moment

Hated owners…… Always seem to be avoiding the drop….stadium issues ( yeah I’d like their issues but it undoubtedly led to to disharmony)

Yet the team(s) are pulling up trees with the fans feeling a connection for the first time in a long time

I don’t know if their is anything we can learn ?. Merely an observation
11:56, Sat 11 Sep
Mario kempes
But dong did cause a lot of grief and bad feeling just being around the place.....its got to be much better without him hasn't it in the day to day running of the club.

I don't think it is. The recent stadium issues have proved it wasn't just him.
12:00, Sat 11 Sep
Any hope for the future Mayor ? I’m sure there must be interested parties around who can take the club forward or are I we stuck in this quagmire for the unseeable.
12:07, Sat 11 Sep
Greebo joe
Any hope for the future Mayor ? I’m sure there must be interested parties around who can take the club forward or are I we stuck in this quagmire for the unseeable.

There are ALWAYS interested parties around - the only issue ever is price and willingness to sell.
12:08, Sat 11 Sep
El Mayor
Greebo joe

There are ALWAYS interested parties around - the only issue ever is price and willingness to sell.
And that problem is unlikely to go away anytime soon
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
12:21, Sat 11 Sep
El Mayor
Greebo joe

Well yes you cant have one without the other.
Things can quickly change of course and having to sell is still a possibility i suppose. We live in hope.
Before any accuses me of being a negative so and so I really am not. I’m delighted with Bowyer and the start we have made. Real positive signs for the season ahead and So much to be pleased about so far

However what’s everyone’s genuine thoughts about the squad depth in particular the midfield and attacking midfielder options?

I just worry if teams find us out and we want to change shape we don’t really have much in the winger department. Also if a woods/Gardner/sunjic get injured or suspended we look a bit light there too
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
19:18, Sat 11 Sep
In December last year at Stans we lost 4-0 to Derby, playing a 4-1-4-1, and were effectively beaten after 25 minutes trailing by three.

7 of the team that started that game also started last night. Only 4 (Sanchez, Etheridge, Clayton and Friend) were missing.

What an incredible turn around its been in 9 months!
19:32, Sat 11 Sep
Yes,good comparison. Karaoke was never,ever going to be right for us, and he got more time than he would have done simply because we weren't in the ground as we would not have put up with his negative tactics.

LB is no genius but he can set a team up and we now have an identity that thevplayer clearly embrace,as do we

KRO