When a club has a higher quality players, it playa better and achieves better results? Almost as if the two are linked.

Someone needs to investigate this phenomenon.

If nothing else, this is a very subtle love letter to Tahith Chong.
The team does seem to have morphed into a better one vs last December - but I think the comparison with that game probably owes alot to the the demise of the Derby squad too.
10:41, Sun 12 Sep
coffindodger
Yes,good comparison. Karaoke was never,ever going to be right for us, and he got more time than he would have done simply because we weren't in the ground as we would not have put up with his negative tactics.

LB is no genius but he can set a team up and we now have an identity that thevplayer clearly embrace,as do we

KRO

Football is a simple game do the simple things right and you are on the right track - Bowyer / Monk/ Rowett - Whenever it goes wrong it always due to over thinking / complicating things - Zola / Cotterill / Karanka
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
10:45, Sun 12 Sep
Not sure Karaka over-complicated things at first. He started off trying to stop us leaking goals which he succeeded in to start off with. The football was just shocking
10:46, Sun 12 Sep
Mario kempes
For the first time in 10 years I feel like there are some real solid footing being put in places regarding the club as a whole (no pun intended re stands) we know turning this club around is a bigger job than turning of the titanic bowyer and gards know what this club is all about they "get us" if you like, but its going to take a few years with all the off field damage that dong has done to our club...but for the first time in years I'm feeling positive with bowyer and gards at the helm onwards and upwards.

We are slowly getting the right people in, people who care and have the clubs best interests at heart in the right positions. There is a change in direction and nobody is telling me any different. The Stadium situation is a set-back for sure.

I suspect had the stadium been open for business as normal, we’’d be scraping the barrel for negatives

On the pitch, we have players ready to fight for the shirt, and are in tune with the fans.we are bringing in very good professionals and attitude being a key component. We have a manager that has a will to win, can change systems and makes changes mid-game to get the job done

If you have a spine of people like Craig G, Lee B, Troy and even George Friend, (who behind the scenes is incredible I’ve heard), you won’t go far wrong

Re: Squad

10:47, Sun 12 Sep
There's been plenty of quotes and stories from the players that he handed out hugebdoss8ers, gave overly complicated instructions and basically had everyone doubting themselves and what they were meant to be doing
10:54, Sun 12 Sep
Sure, and I don't doubt that's not true but I reckon we probably had a similar goals against record this time last season. He shored up a defence that was leaking 3 or 4 a game. As I've said, the football was shocking and he was a terrible manager but I don't think he over-complicated things, certainly not at the start anyway.
11:02, Sun 12 Sep
El Mayor
bluer than blues
True but I think we can all agree, for the first time in years the manager doesn't appear to be on the verge of walking, we've actually had a really good window of recruitment, we are playing good football and winning games.

I think of Dong not simply as a symptom by as a sub-disease of an altogether bigger ailment. Whilst that main disorder is still with us, at least we've stopped the disease that was giving us vomiting and diarrhoea, so to speak.

That’s all fair comment
In the unlikely event that we did get promoted and all the prestige that goes with it, would our mysterious owners become more visible??
11:28, Sun 12 Sep
Leebow a-go-go !!
El Mayor
bluer than blues
True but I think we can all agree, for the first time in years the manager doesn't appear to be on the verge of walking, we've actually had a really good window of recruitment, we are playing good football and winning games.

I think of Dong not simply as a symptom by as a sub-disease of an altogether bigger ailment. Whilst that main disorder is still with us, at least we've stopped the disease that was giving us vomiting and diarrhoea, so to speak.

That’s all fair comment
In the unlikely event that we did get promoted and all the prestige that goes with it, would our mysterious owners become more visible??

What makes you think they would?
11:46, Sun 12 Sep
El Mayor
Leebow a-go-go !!
El Mayor
bluer than blues

That’s all fair comment

As I said the prestige that goes along with owning a premier league club may appeal to their ego's.
Someone's bound to want to claim the glory and the credit.
11:52, Sun 12 Sep
Leebow a-go-go !!
El Mayor
Leebow a-go-go !!
El Mayor
bluer than blues

That’s all fair comment

As I said the prestige that goes along with owning a premier league club may appeal to their ego's.
Someone's bound to want to claim the glory and the credit.

Okay, think about it for a second.

The ultimate guy hides and uses proxies for everything (not just Blues) cos he’s been in bother before (and might be again for all we know). If we become higher profile and with more attention, why would he suddenly step out of the shadows?
11:53, Sun 12 Sep
As he wants to meet Gary Gardner ?
11:57, Sun 12 Sep
To start a solo career of his own after the band stopped working with Cliff Richard?
12:37, Sun 12 Sep
Charcy
To start a solo career of his own after the band stopped working with Cliff Richard?

👏🤣
12:46, Sun 12 Sep
Ha ha.