11:02, Mon 13 Sep
I recently did a house transaction and the solicitor appointed were pretty bad very poor communication and mess ups. all added to the time.
They now owe me refund money from the transaction a few hundred quid. I have trying for 6 weeks to get it together with a final statement of the whole transaction.

They keep saying they will do it urgently but nothing.

They were on a panel provided by the Building society so I thought they would be OK.

Is there any complaints procedure or would small claims court work?
I want it a bit more urgently as I have a massive vet bill from my dear Dog's demise.

Cheers
11:11, Mon 13 Sep
Write to them telling them if the issue isn't resolved you will be writing to the legal ombudsman.
11:14, Mon 13 Sep
Are they disputing your claim?

If not they have eight weeks to settle.
11:19, Mon 13 Sep
They are not disputing and have told me the amount due over the phone. Its a simple situation. I paid them a sum to cover transaction and fees and their fees. This is what is left after all that's been done and the transaction completed.
I checked the ombudsman and I have to send a letter giving them 8 weeks . I don't want to arris about for that long
11:20, Mon 13 Sep
Do they owe money from the transaction it self i.e. your actual money or is it from the fee you have paid them. If your money i would be writing to them today giving them 7 days to pay or you will be reporting them to the law society and issuing a moneyclaim for which they will be liable for the costs. If to do with the fee you will need to follow their complaints procedure to get anywhere.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
11:21, Mon 13 Sep
just seen you other reply - have they issued a completion statement?
11:25, Mon 13 Sep
No They haven't I have been asking for it but they haven't sent it - keep saying they will
12:15, Mon 13 Sep
On a similar theme I have had a holiday cancelled by a tour operator who initially refused to give me a refund, saying that they would keep the money and I could use it at a later date to book another holiday with them
I wrote back and pointed out that their own terms and conditions of the contract meant i was entitled to a refund. They agreed to this but then said it would take between 4-5 months on average to process this

I spoke to my bank about this as I'd paid the deposit on my credit card.

Their advice was to give the tour operator a reasonable timescale to repay the refund, 28 days being more than reasonable.

Also ask the to provde an exact date that the refund would be paid back to me,
If it wasn't paid back on that date, or they refused to provide a date, then they,the bank, would intervene.
12:20, Mon 13 Sep
I have an outstanding complaint in with the Legal Ombudsman
They are currently taking around 9 months to respond
12:32, Mon 13 Sep
baldrick
I have an outstanding complaint in with the Legal Ombudsman
They are currently taking around 9 months to respond

Yep, me too. It’s been 7 months so far.
12:37, Mon 13 Sep
Makes Blues ticket office look efficient
15:10, Mon 13 Sep
So I got the head honchos name off the website. Called again as usual they were trying to fob me off (no apology for not calling me back again as promised this morning)
I asked to speak to head man they said why? I told them I am just about to submit a money claim on line and was doing him the courtesy of wether he wants me to cite him personally or his head of finance.

Series of grovelling call phone call s back and bank payment promised by end of play today - we'll see
Thanks for advice chums and PM Robert
19:04, Mon 13 Sep
Telling them you were taking advice from the Small Heath Alliance legal department probably did the trick.
21:01, Mon 13 Sep
Bobharford
So I got the head honchos name off the website. Called again as usual they were trying to fob me off (no apology for not calling me back again as promised this morning)
I asked to speak to head man they said why? I told them I am just about to submit a money claim on line and was doing him the courtesy of wether he wants me to cite him personally or his head of finance.

Series of grovelling call phone call s back and bank payment promised by end of play today - we'll see
Thanks for advice chums and PM Robert

Anytime and hopefully all sorted.
23:41, Mon 13 Sep
Sorted
cheers