13:26, Tue 14 Sep
Comanche
A ratio on Twitter I believe originally started off meaning a tweet has minimal likes but a high number of replies, suggesting it was a controversial take on something that people felt the need to call out rather than give tacit agreement to with a like.

Then the term widened to include instances where a tweet with a small number of tweets had a reply which gathered much higher replies, suggesting the original opinion was a bad take and many people agree with the person correcting them.

This has quickly morphed into bellends replying ratio or "catch this ratio" to any tweet they disagree with or supporting any rival player or club, in the hope that enough equally sad strangers will like their tweet to complete their ratio, and thus give some small sense of worth to their banal existence.

I've found Twitter becomes a bit more bearable when you mute things like Penaldo/Pessi/Penandes, ratio/ratioed, "don't know ball", [insert footballer here] is clear. Oh and Love Island.

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.
13:31, Tue 14 Sep
Tl;dr version:

My tweet has more likes than your tweet. Neener neener.
13:44, Tue 14 Sep
Thanks for the explanation Comanche.

A lot of people do seem to derive their sense of self-worth from followers/likes etc. Its actually really sad.
13:52, Tue 14 Sep
Ah....
13:53, Tue 14 Sep
Lumbertubs

A lot of people do seem to derive their sense of self-worth from followers/likes etc. Its actually really sad.

👍
13:55, Tue 14 Sep
Micky Darrell
Lumbertubs

👍

😂 I was going to do that.
15:34, Tue 14 Sep
Lumbertubs

That's why we should get the option to like and dislike on here. There'll be ratios all over the place.
16:37, Tue 14 Sep
Lumbertubs

I found myself being less angry when I started treating Twitter as a game, where the objective is to get as high a score as possible in terms of followers and likes, rather than a platform to share and debate news and views
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
16:59, Tue 14 Sep
I find the same with the Daily Mail website. If I don't get massively downticked, I'm not getting the wumming right....
21:57, Tue 14 Sep
Baggies drew 0-0 home to Derby tonight. Expect more full on moaning.
22:20, Tue 14 Sep
I heard the presenter saying earlier that if they play the same as they did against Birmingham West Brom will get a hatful, yeah right 😂
22:23, Tue 14 Sep
Did they? Derby I mean? Surely even Rooney can work out his lot aren't good enough to pass out from the back again.
22:57, Tue 14 Sep
0 shots on target

proper delusional, Rooney and derby fans