16:30, Tue 14 Sep
[www.theguardian.com]

Oh, the irony...

Reverting to the long-ball game and being “scared to lose” were factors in England’s Euro 2020 final defeat by Italy, according to a tournament report from Uefa’s technical experts...

...That sentiment was echoed by the technical observer Aitor Karanka, who said: “The pressure seemed to change direction. When you are winning a game, you can easily become scared to lose it especially when you have to manage the pressure of playing in front of your home crowd.”
16:33, Tue 14 Sep
Well, to be fair - he should know.

He was shit scared playing a Wycombe team that didn't get out of its own half.

I would say being scared is a subject he is expert on. That, and shrugging.
16:36, Tue 14 Sep
AK is a UEFA Technical Director?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:40, Tue 14 Sep
The first few months of the season I did have some sympathy for AK, we were probably 10 points worse off than we probably deserved. However, he just seemed to literally give up on it around early December and have a mard about it and that was that. He really does need to grow the chuff up.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
17:32, Tue 14 Sep
Technical Observer - whatever the f that is.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
17:43, Tue 14 Sep
I think Southgate was tactically paralysed and dithered. The substitutes were underused as he struggled with a plan B.

Mancini was proactive even after the equaliser and maintained ascendancy.
17:48, Tue 14 Sep
Robert Hopkins
Yeah sorry, but employed by UEFA?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:06, Tue 14 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
Robert Hopkins
Yeah sorry, but employed by UEFA?

They choose the man of the match, players of the tournament etc and produce the report discussed in that article, which looks at developments and trends in tactics. I think there's about a dozen of them, ex players and coaches in the main, for each tournament. Southgate did it in 2016

More here:
[www.uefa.com]
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
18:25, Tue 14 Sep
Shouldn’t be shocked after they banned the Ajax 3 little birds shirt
18:32, Tue 14 Sep
Foxtrot Oscar
I think Southgate was tactically paralysed and dithered. .

Bowyer would be a great addition to his team then. A ditherer he is not.

They can have him on a part-time basis just for games, £1m a year
06:36, Wed 15 Sep
It's all about mentality, which is why Karanka is an awful manager. When Fergie was winning he'd get angry that they weren't winning by more.