18:33, Tue 12 Oct
Just can’t work out what the amounts are based on for our two tickets - seems like they have refunded more than advised by a fair amount
06:12, Wed 13 Oct
£16.74 is what I've had for an adult Tilton season ticket
15:26, Wed 13 Oct
Same here 16.74 x 23 is £385.02 sounds about right. Stoke refund.
14:47, Thu 14 Oct
I’m getting a call from Ticketmaster on Monday and they’ll do it then, for some reason. Sounds like a monumental fob off.

I did manage to get my £1 postage refunded for the QPR away ticket that never arrived, though. Small wins, small wins.
15:00, Thu 14 Oct
Worth ringing up if not yet received.

Apparently there was an error processing mine which they’ve now, finally, processed.
17:02, Thu 14 Oct
Whens the Bournemouth one due?
18:18, Thu 14 Oct
When we win a game
18:56, Thu 14 Oct
Ribeye
Whens the Bournemouth one due?

I have not had my Bournemouth refund yet either, I guess they will get round to it at some point. when they do it will put the Credit card used into credit..... any ideas what I should buy with this £14 or so windfall??
Turn left when you get on a plane.
14:56, Tue 19 Oct
Just spoke by phone to a very nice lady in the ticket office after only a five minute wait. She confirmed I am on the ballot refund list, and apologized for the delay in processing (first time I've heard "sorry" from BCFC, well done her), but it will be processed in the very near future.

Interestingly she told me that once the Upper kop club class is re-opened they will be contacting us to discuss the reimbursement for the cost difference vs the seat to which we were re-allocated. She quite correctly told me that there has been no point doing this yet, until it re-opens, when the full extent is known. She didn't know in what format any reimbursement will be made, my guess is it will either be another credit similar to the ballot credit, or a future credit added to our account for future purchases or next season ST renewal.

Firstly, well done her for her courtesy and help

Secondly, to the BCFC owners / upper Management, if you had made an announcement to this effect, and included an apology, as she did, in any of your updates, you'd get a lot more of us onside and far less criticism.
15:03, Tue 19 Oct
Still waiting on my Stoke refund, they've been telling me for 3 weeks that there can be delays 'depending on your bank'

Well, I'm with a major bank and friends who are with the same bank have had theirs, so it appears they're fobbing me off and it's not actually been sent, it's almost like they're hoping people just give up
16:37, Tue 19 Oct
Hernan Cortés
I’m getting a call from Ticketmaster on Monday and they’ll do it then, for some reason. Sounds like a monumental fob off.

I did manage to get my £1 postage refunded for the QPR away ticket that never arrived, though. Small wins, small wins.

What a surprise, this phone call never came. I wagered them that it wouldn’t either, but they were insistent. Le Mod’s right, they’re waiting for people to just give up.
17:08, Tue 19 Oct
Think it must have the same lady that just phoned me with my Stoke refund very apologetic and sorted me my refund couldnt believe it she did say that it has been a nightmare but they are getting there .
20:08, Tue 19 Oct
bluebone
Think it must have the same lady that just phoned me with my Stoke refund very apologetic and sorted me my refund couldnt believe it she did say that it has been a nightmare but they are getting there .

Got call today from a lad in ticket office to "manually" process our Stoke refunds... I have sympathy with the people there - they seem to be working with some really crap IT and ticketing "systems".
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.