17:02, Sat 9 Oct
hi all 1st time poster

I am a season ticket holder and have watched the Blues since around 1962.

I want to put into words how i feel about the club as from nearly walking out at half time at the game against Forest.

By the way i had the privilege to bump into Jude this morning Saturday 9th and had a little chat as he was out running and he had all the time in his busy schedule to talk

Anyway here goes.

Blues are a dying club, crowds of 52,000 in the 70s, crowds averaging say 36,000 as well, crowds of 29,000 in the noughties , now say an average of 19,000 roughly,

We are a laughing stock of a club say losing 700 fans a year, next generation are not interested in supporting a poorly run football club with no investment or ambition

The club dont look after the fans the stadium is a wreck, tannoy system absolutely in audible. the villa are light yrs ahead of us in terms of everything.

We used to play the likes of Barcelona and Milan in the fairs cup not anymore.

We were truly feared playing aginst teams at St Andrews not anymore.

We are the UK second largest city who cant produce a team average enough to secure premiership football on a regular basis , we should be on par to the likes of Everton or Leicester city.

We wont be around soon if the owners stay because they are just not interested in how Birmingham City mean to the blue side of Brum, and how disinterested the owners are to the fact that are hearts are broken seeing the history of this football club falling apart in front of us all.

look at villa , they havnt gone backwards like us, i just hate to see the situation the club is in at this present time, we will never ever get all those missing fans back to see what it was truly like at St Andrews, as Sir Alex Ferguson once said to Brucie and Mcleish go there cus they are a proper club, he should know because his dad took him down to watch them when he was a kid and he knows a thing or two.

We have failed to see Birmingham City build on the foundations of a big city and its fans

the football club is dying
17:04, Sat 9 Oct
Welcome! And what a cheerful start.
17:08, Sat 9 Oct
Hello.
Keep Right On. Try not to give up
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
17:09, Sat 9 Oct
Am I your favourite poster?
17:12, Sat 9 Oct
Linked Image
Yes the cheerful start was talking to Jude this morn.
LBN
17:14, Sat 9 Oct
Thank you for that Saturday evening downer.
I've had to grab the custard creams to help cheer myself back up a bit
17:17, Sat 9 Oct
LBN
Do you have some after you post as well 😛
17:52, Sat 9 Oct
Red or brown sauce to accompany a sausage?
17:54, Sat 9 Oct
LBN
True words from you there, I could never take away the hope of winning the efl trophy twice in the 90s. small victories. our day will come. probably after i've departed this land. Birmingham City will come good in some of our lifetimes. We won't shout about it though. empty vessels make the most noise!
17:55, Sat 9 Oct
Blimey heartfelt but depressing.

If it were me, I would:

* start inanely high levels of comms about the stand refurb
* refund everyone 100% who has had to move seats and then supply them all with a free first-team Blues top to say sorry
* start proper food and drink/Matchday market
* paint the whole ground and smarten the place up
* get some events on with celeb fans..Stephen Knight (Peaky Blinders) that boxer bloke etc etc

There must be loads someone with a bit of nouse could do.
18:21, Sat 9 Oct
"We used to play the likes of Barcelona and Milan in the fairs cup not anymore."

You make it sound like they were regular fixtures in a competition that meant something.
18:25, Sat 9 Oct
Tbf games against Bari and Ancona felt the same to me in the Anglo Italian Cup.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:27, Sat 9 Oct
Welcome and nice to meet you.

One question from me is, who is the best player you’ve ever witnessed in this time, for either us or an opposition player?
18:29, Sat 9 Oct
Richard Kingson
19:02, Sat 9 Oct
Tiltonblue
Welcome and nice to meet you.

One question from me is, who is the best player you’ve ever witnessed in this time, for either us or an opposition player?

A very good question considering its for us or oppenents

After careful thought is must be, thats such a hard one, seen many many players cant pinpoint one only, but if it is the actual performance on the day id say Trevor Francis or Bob latchford Christophe Dugarry vs away Cristiano Ronaldo sorry thats such a difficult one to answer, i have a very biased view im afraid