08:35, Mon 11 Oct
In October 2017, it was reported that Birmingham City had entered into a strategic partnership deal with Unio Esportiva Cornella, a team playing in the Spanish third tier. In this first article of a series looking back at the way the current regime have run Blues, Ive taken a look at what that partn

[almajir.net]
08:57, Mon 11 Oct
Next up in the series will be the stadium, not sure when
09:09, Mon 11 Oct
Good work again Mayor.
You must have pictures of your face on many a dartboard 😂
Cheers for the info
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:13, Mon 11 Oct
It's got to the point that little surprises me about the club.

You could report on something massively illegal being uncovered & I suspect the main reaction would be "yep; that's another one for the list"
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
09:33, Mon 11 Oct
Interesting little agreement there. Dong didnt do too badly out of his position did he....
I do wonder what the HKSE will say also.

Well done Dan, as always!
10:02, Mon 11 Oct
How many time have you had to write: "I can only hope the mistakes have been learned from" when writing articles about the current owners!!!
10:14, Mon 11 Oct
Slightly Turbid
How many time have you had to write: "I can only hope the mistakes have been learned from" when writing articles about the current owners!!!

Too many.

Thing is, this could have been a great thing - Cornella have got a rep for bringing through players and it's another avenue. It turned out to be just another stream for people to make money though by the looks of things
10:21, Mon 11 Oct
Serious question. What can the HKSE do when it comes to seeing deals such as this that were not correctly handled and announced etc. Do we see any potential for shares to be suspended, or i guess its a fine or slap on the wrist again. That money is cited to supposedly originate from BSH right but there's no transactional proof at this time. Just wondering... or clutching at straws..
10:23, Mon 11 Oct
Learning from mistakes isn't about not making the same mistake again - that opportunity has gone - its about not making another mistake in the future... something that does seem beyond the grasp of our owners.

So you may be doomed to continue writing that sentence for a while longer.

As you say, the potential was there for it to be a good thing, but then that is true with so many other mistakes (Zola, Dein, that transfer trolley dash (going to Brentford to buy their best 3 players and buying the three they wanted to sell instead) , Redknapp, playing attractive football under a permanent caretaker manager, using FM to scout players...)
10:26, Mon 11 Oct
KROJim
Serious question. What can the HKSE do when it comes to seeing deals such as this that were not correctly handled and announced etc. Do we see any potential for shares to be suspended, or i guess its a fine or slap on the wrist again. That money is cited to supposedly originate from BSH right but there's no transactional proof at this time. Just wondering... or clutching at straws..

I'm not sure. I think there is potential for suspension here because this is something that should have been in the accounts. I'm going to finish drafting my email to them shortly and send it across along with the documents I have.
10:27, Mon 11 Oct
The problem is this isn't a mistake for those involved, because it went as planned. The deal looks like it was set up to benefit certain individuals and that's exactly what happened.

There is therefore nothing for them to 'learn from'
10:27, Mon 11 Oct
Thanks Dan. And so the saga continues.
Great work again Dan, it's fascinating yet slightly terrifying to read how these people have used the club from 2017 onwards.

Really interested to hear about the stadium saga next.
Hi Dan - interesting.

So have I got this right...

If Cornella sells a player -- Nama Sports gets half the income.
Blues can buy any Cornella player they like.
And if they do buy someone off Cornella, Nama gets half the income.
Ma Dong is cofounder of Nama and also president of Cornella.
So if Blues buy a player from Cornella, then Ma Dong is quids in?
14:59, Mon 11 Oct
This is good work.

Look after yourself Dan… getting further into a murky world again