07:13, Tue 12 Oct
Banners.

Had to venture to the dark side of town yesterday and was right by Vile park. Obviously you can’t help but notice all these crap claret and blue banners hanging from the lamp posts on the surrounding streets. Just a question, do Vile pay to hang their sh**e banners from public lamp posts, and when was advertising allowed on such lamp posts? Do they pay Birmingham city council to do this?
If this is all above aboard, does it mean any company can hang banners from public lamp posts as I’ve never seen this from other companies?
Probably being a bit pedantic but I really don’t like looking at that crap when I’m driving down the road!
08:18, Tue 12 Oct
It's a club with a bit of pride though. We can barely muster hanging something from our actual stadium without the whole thing falling down.
08:51, Tue 12 Oct
they will certainly need permission, and therefore you expect a fee to be involved for said permission but this is BCC and AVFC so the council probably pay them
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
08:55, Tue 12 Oct
Were not allowed banners on lamposts
Signs on stands
Parking
Sitting in the kop
Sitting in the lower tilton
Buses
Trains most of the time
Sitting within 1/4 mile of opposing fans

Have i missed anything 🤪
09:24, Tue 12 Oct
Winning matches?
Scoring goals?
What did the Knights in White satin?
09:48, Tue 12 Oct
Difference between a professional well run outfit and a shower like us.
09:51, Tue 12 Oct
Basically this, a club that has built a proper marketing department who are given a whopping budget vs our shower of shite with an understaffed department full of interns and no financial support
10:16, Tue 12 Oct
Basically this, a club that has built a proper marketing department who are given a whopping budget vs our shower of shite with an understaffed department full of interns and no financial support

You say that like it’s a bad thing.
10:55, Tue 12 Oct
just out of interest though - have you felt any more inclined to attend a game because you have seen an advert for blues ? I understand we look vey amateur but the return on marketing spend must be quite low for us so you can understand why we perhaps don't spend too much on it.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
12:10, Tue 12 Oct
All about pride, their owners have some, ours do not
12:17, Tue 12 Oct
The banners and the like will be something that will stick in the memory of young kids going down in the early days though, I'd imagine. Just something to help build that connection.

I'm sure there's been an awareness study somewhere which will have informed these sorts of things, but even so, it marks their turf - whereas we just dodge all the litter and abandoned cars
12:24, Tue 12 Oct
Robert Hopkins
just out of interest though - have you felt any more inclined to attend a game because you have seen an advert for blues ? I understand we look vey amateur but the return on marketing spend must be quite low for us so you can understand why we perhaps don't spend too much on it.

Yes I have. When the council put up ads asking us not to fight at VP in 2003

I was attending the game anyway, but there was a definite swell of pride and excitement
12:53, Tue 12 Oct
Chris
The banners and the like will be something that will stick in the memory of young kids going down in the early days though, I'd imagine. Just something to help build that connection.

I'm sure there's been an awareness study somewhere which will have informed these sorts of things, but even so, it marks their turf - whereas we just dodge all the litter and abandoned cars
Spot on for me. Albion have their badge on signs at The Hawthorns train and Metro stations. vile definitely have theirs on within station and presumably Aston as well.
We have nothing at any train station afaik, not even Bordesley. Let alone banners anywhere. There is a Zulu badge though on a lamp post up the road from Old Hill Station.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
15:04, Tue 12 Oct
There is a Zulu badge though on a lamp post up the road from Old Hill Station.
😂This did make me chuckle.
We are an absolute shambles of a football club though and as an advertisement for the 2nd City, we are a bloody embarrassment.
15:25, Tue 12 Oct
Also on the bridge by bordesley station, Blues crossed out and a vile sign painted on!!

Somehow it angers me, every time I see it. 🥲🤣