16:34, Tue 12 Oct
Think mine’s a fallen angel 😂
16:35, Tue 12 Oct
Richie
My father in law was a groundskeeper. He says, what’s already been said……if it grows, cut it.
If you’ve got a dog that keeps lashing on it…you’re knackered.
I pee on mine. It’s fine
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:35, Tue 12 Oct
It’s been 20 degrees down here in Dorset and the stuff is still growing
20:20, Tue 12 Oct
Scarifying the lawn is my favourite job. Get yourself an electric scrarifier, 90 odd quid should get you something ok, and hours of fun await. Unbelievable how much thatch and moss they scratch out, even if you’ve got a decent lawn. Nothing more satisfying 👍
21:27, Tue 12 Oct
The couple that bought our old house 2 min away rarely cuts theirs, there was a spell where he didn't cut his grass for 14 months.

So you could take a l;eaf out of his book, and be a lazy effer
22:11, Tue 12 Oct
Does it get rid off bloody mushrooms 😜
00:55, Wed 13 Oct
Richie
My father in law was a groundskeeper. He says, what’s already been said……if it grows, cut it.
If you’ve got a dog that keeps lashing on it…you’re knackered.
I pee on mine. It’s fine

*Rings the RSPCA*
BlueStorm
With the milder winters I've found out lawns grow all year round, if a little slower through winter. So I end up cutting all year round when dry enough, but have a higher blade through winter in case there's harsh frost's immediately after the cut.

I also use a winter feed to reduce moss impact.

Now this is type of thread.

I was still cutting in December last year. Cut my lawn on Monday and it’ll probably need doing again Friday. It’s relentless. St. Augustine grass is high maintenance and really needs fertilizer every month but I end up waiting 2-3months before I spread it.

Moved to an electric mower two years ago and I haven’t looked back.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
It's like reading an SHA where all the people have got really old all of a sudden.
08:04, Wed 13 Oct
Miguelagenn
It's like reading an SHA where all the people have got really old all of a sudden.

Not all of a sudden, its taken 55 years to get this old.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
BlueStorm
With the milder winters I've found out lawns grow all year round, if a little slower through winter. So I end up cutting all year round when dry enough, but have a higher blade through winter in case there's harsh frost's immediately after the cut.

I also use a winter feed to reduce moss impact.

Now this is type of thread.

I was still cutting in December last year. Cut my lawn on Monday and it’ll probably need doing again Friday. It’s relentless. St. Augustine grass is high maintenance and really needs fertilizer every month but I end up waiting 2-3months before I spread it.

Moved to an electric mower two years ago and I haven’t looked back.
No need tbd. Keep your eye on the cable and where you're pushing 👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
08:23, Wed 13 Oct
Miguelagenn

There was a thread on here a couple of years back about everyone’s age; it averaged out at low to mid 50s iirc. Hardly surprising; just look around you next time you’re down St. Andrews.

Btw- I’m a shite gardener, but petrol mower for me every time.
Cowinbovril
13:40, Wed 13 Oct
Maybe I should have it put down. Not sure if the vet will accept ‘patchy lawn’ as a legitimate reason.
13:42, Wed 13 Oct
captain obvious strikes again
13:42, Wed 13 Oct
😁 electric cable free mower here, back lawn on a good slope so a cable trailing was a pain.

59, Capricorn.