09:05, Sat 16 Oct
NissanJutkiewicz
When Bowyer took over one of the first points he made was criticising Karanka for leaving out Juke and how dangerous he is in this league when you get crosses into him.

Playing this formation there is absolutely zero point in Juke playing as we get zero crosses into him. Why has Bowyer gone from saying it’s our biggest strength to completely nullifying the threat by not playing wingers.

With the players we have at wing back it’s 5 at the back. We don’t have any wingbacks at the club. Only full backs which makes it a 5.

Yes. We don’t have wing backs. I imagine the Chelsea lad was meant to be such but clearly Bowyer doesn’t fancy him. I don’t quite understand why we didn’t persist with Seddon. I also don’t think Colin can do the job. Harding would have been an option too. I always thought he could play that role.
09:05, Sat 16 Oct
What's their record at Blues out of interest ?

It's not just down to one player.

The sense of overall entitlement and also negativity towards some our of our players is baffling at times
09:07, Sat 16 Oct
NissanJutkiewicz
johnnyspex
LBN
Juke is fine, cross the ball regularly and he will score.
A manager starting the game with no wingers pretty much takes him out the game, ironic really as Bowyer pretty much ripped in to Karanka for not utilising Juke.

This is a myth. He needs at least 5 good crosses on his head to get a chance on target. We can’t get it on his head from a dead ball or a corner let alone open play. Forget it it’s archaic football we need to move on.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment of playing better football. I just don’t think we have the players for it. Dean. Roberts. Friend. Colin. Pederson. Sunjic. Gardner. Juke. Hogan. None of them are comfortable on the ball. We need a long term approach to change the playing style to a Swansea etc. 4/5 transfer windows

And a lot more money than we are either allowed or have to spend any more.
09:11, Sat 16 Oct
johnnyspex
His career average is a goal every 4.5 games
Hogans average is 2.7.
Deeney 3.1
Chuks 3.8

Yet you think we should play to the strengths of the statistically poorest finisher at the club.

No wonder we’re crap

If you’re going to start a striker that excels in one area, then yes you should play to their strengths.

Surely that’s not a controversial take.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:12, Sat 16 Oct
It is for some on here. Headed goals count less than normal ones apparently.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:17, Sat 16 Oct
I didn't say that Johnny, if you read back. I don't pick the team HOWEVER if Juke is playing, don't you think it might be rather a good idea to get him pointing at the goals and then hang the ball up for him to attack? hmmmm?

Also, 63% of stats are made up.
09:18, Sat 16 Oct
He clearly doesn’t excel though does he?

What can’t speak can’t lie.

Scoobs, deeney & chuks stats at blues can’t really be taken into account as they havent played enough games but hogans average is 3.3 against Jukes 4.6.

So how come nobody is saying we should br playing to Hogans strengths?
09:19, Sat 16 Oct
The problem is this idea that if he’s decent attacking a ball in the box, he’s good in the air. (He’s misses his own share this year)

As a result we don’t get forward to cross because we are hoofing in from 40 yards away for his to fight the centre half over and lose.

Even if he does lay it off, by the time we have crossed it, he’s still trying to get into the box.

The problem comes before the crossing part
09:23, Sat 16 Oct
The bloke is 32 & is blowing out of his backside after 10 mins & has been the spearhead of our attack for 5 years.

But hey he’s due to score one of his trademark headers next week so you can all come on here & say i told you so.

And so on and so on…..,
09:26, Sat 16 Oct

Scoobs, deeney & chuks stats at blues can’t really be taken into account as they havent played enough games but hogans average is 3.3 against Jukes 4.6.

Sorry mate but those stats are rubbish unless the forwards you have mentioned have all been playing in the same division, against the same standard of defenders and in a side that creates exactly the same amount and quality of chances for them.

Have they?

I prefer to use the evidence of my own eyes ta. So far Chuks hasn't looked up to Championship standard (there is time though), Deeney doesn't look match sharp yet (still think he'll be our best option eventually) Juke is better in a 2 with crosses coming into the box, Hogan is better in a 2 playing on the shoulder of the last man and getting on the end of through balls, or snapping up loose balls in the box. When either are playing, we do neither. As I said, career stats mean bugger all, in reality if comparing forwards who have played in different divisions and quality of sides.
09:27, Sat 16 Oct
Blame the manager you insinuated is scared to drop him then.

Even though he has recently too.
09:28, Sat 16 Oct
Bluesince62
I didn't say that Johnny, if you read back. I don't pick the team HOWEVER if Juke is playing, don't you think it might be rather a good idea to get him pointing at the goals and then hang the ball up for him to attack? hmmmm?

I get that mate but my point is he shouldn’t be starting.
09:30, Sat 16 Oct
Bluesince62

I get that mate but my point is he shouldn’t be starting.

Aah well, that is a different matter and tbh, I don't disagree with you. Unfortunately, we are really struggling for a workable alternative. I have doubts about Chuks (i do hope I'm wrong) and Deeney I think will be the favourite to take over, but there are doubts about his fitness too.
09:37, Sat 16 Oct

GPWM
09:37, Sat 16 Oct
Sorry mate but those stats are rubbish unless the forwards you have mentioned have all been playing in the same division, against the same standard of defenders and in a side that creates exactly the same amount and quality of chances for them.

Deeneys stats are better playing for watford in this league & the prem.

Hogans stats are better in this league

We don’t know what chuks will be like because he won’t get a chance & will more than likely be moved on before getting a run of games.

I too like to use my eyes mate but it just so happens that the stats back up what i can see.

So you think stats are rubbish? Wow!!