18:35, Sat 16 Oct
Yes. Playing juke and pinging it at him from 50 yards away

When we do get crosses in, he misses them

It’s not working
18:40, Sat 16 Oct
When we get balls in to any of the strikers at the moment they’re missing them whether they’re on the floor, in the air, inside or outside the box.

Unless Deeney can somehow turn the clock back and start performing like the Deeney of 2/3 seasons ago I can only see getting crosses to Juke as the best option.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:43, Sun 17 Oct
I think there are other options but not many. Playing Chong and Sanchex behind Hogan for example in a 3-4-2-1.
18:35, Sun 17 Oct
Yet I wonder how many of those games where we’ve consistently crossed the ball to him we’ve won? Or other players have scored benefiting from the defence covering Juke/Juke setting them up?

You’re including the games under Zola, Karanka, Cotterill etc in that average I assume? All managers who didn’t cross the ball in to him. Monk, Rowett and (originally) Bowyer did to great results.

Stats say 27.73%
19:00, Sun 17 Oct
Hogan laid on a wonderful pass to Sunjic who then missed the goal from 8 yards (ok it clipped the cross bar ). If it had been saved by the keeper, or kicked away i can accept it, but to miss the goal from 8 yards is disgraceful. An amateur shouldn't miss the goals from that distance!
08:56, Mon 18 Oct
johnblue
Hogan laid on a wonderful pass to Sunjic who then missed the goal from 8 yards (ok it clipped the cross bar ). If it had been saved by the keeper, or kicked away i can accept it, but to miss the goal from 8 yards is disgraceful. An amateur shouldn't miss the goals from that distance!

Yep.

Just sheer lack of composure to forget the techniques you are taught as a child. Don't lean back, eyes on the ball, strike it clean, hit the feckin target.
08:59, Mon 18 Oct
In players' defence and technique aside, footballers don't just aim for the goal, they aim for a small part of the goal, the part you need to hit to beat the goalkeeper and score. Him side footing one straight into the keepers arms wouldn't have made it a good finish
09:03, Mon 18 Oct
I’d also say that if we’re relying on the likeliest lowest scoring outfield player (who started on Friday) to win us games we will be in trouble. The Bela/Hogan chance was far easier imo
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:07, Mon 18 Oct
Le Mod
In players' defence and technique aside, footballers don't just aim for the goal, they aim for a small part of the goal, the part you need to hit to beat the goalkeeper and score. Him side footing one straight into the keepers arms wouldn't have made it a good finish

No I get that, but got to hit the target there for me. Like Rab said, wrong player in the box.
09:12, Mon 18 Oct
I see efforts like Sunjic’s and have some sympathy, thinking it’s a game being played at high pace, he has to react very quickly, it’s understandable.

Then I think, eff me he’s a professional, surely to God the least we should expect is he gets the bastard on target.

Then I think, if he was capable of reacting with ice in his veins, allow time to slow down, and pick his spot with effing aplomb, he probably wouldn’t be playing for a team that conducts its business at the shitty end of the table.
09:13, Mon 18 Oct
Fair enough, the Sunjic thing aside and talking generally, the 'hit the target' mantra that the likes of Roy Keane trot out has always wound me up tbh, anyone can just hit the target, the aim is to score, and the vast majority of the time that means finding the corners, if you're aiming for a small gap in a corner then there's a chance you might miss it by a few inches.
09:24, Mon 18 Oct
Fair enough, the Sunjic thing aside and talking generally, the 'hit the target' mantra that the likes of Roy Keane trot out has always wound me up tbh, anyone can just hit the target, the aim is to score, and the vast majority of the time that means finding the corners, if you're aiming for a small gap in a corner then there's a chance you might miss it by a few inches.

While you are right - so is Keane. You do just hit the target at least, if you hit it hard enough, the ball might go through the keepers legs (how many goals are scored like that?) or the ball might bounce off him and come out again for another chance - but if you miss the target then feck all is happening. If you aren't a Harry Kane and are an average championship midfielder, from 8 yards out just make sure you hit the bloody target. I'm not convinced Sunjic was trying for just under the bar either (which is what you are suggesting?) I think he just blasted it and fecked it up.
09:28, Mon 18 Oct
He could hit the target and smash it straight at the keeper, he's gone for the corner due to the space allowed.

However, he has got to be one of the worst finishers I've ever seen at Blues. He shouldn't be allowed to place it.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:30, Mon 18 Oct
I think Sunjic was aiming for the far corner, so the 'target' he was aiming for wasn't the entire goal but a gap half a yard wide at the far post, he missed that target by a few inches.

My general point is this, people think players are hopeless when the ball goes wide or over, as if all they were trying to do was get the ball between the space 8 yards wide and 8ft high

They're not, they're nearly always aiming for a small part of the goal.
09:32, Mon 18 Oct
Exactly what I'm saying tbf.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”