10:11, Mon 18 Oct
Yep.
I know the fee for hogan was low if anything but his contract over 4 years is bound to be a few quid, it’ll be the same value of the last 2 years he had at the shit

Maybe one day we will get lucky with a punt but the money we spent on cosgrove was ultimately a complete bad gamble

We should’ve spent it on some of Peterborough’s scouting
10:12, Mon 18 Oct
Hopefully Gards has been scouting for a half decent striker in Jan.
10:16, Mon 18 Oct
Hopefully he’ll have more luck than he’s had with some of the other signings from the summer
10:22, Mon 18 Oct
I don't know why we didn't go for another Adams type from a lower league, promising with a potential sell on but low risk.

It was absolutely brain dead to spend £2.5m on an SPL striker.

We could have pinged 1/5 of that on someone promising from League 1.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:34, Mon 18 Oct
Yeah there was a lad at Wimbledon I think who was red hot, available for next to nothing

And we pumped our money on cosgrove.

Shame we never got the lad from hibs
10:36, Mon 18 Oct
Piggott? Think he went to Ipswich, no idea how he did. Exactly the type to look at.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:37, Mon 18 Oct
Don’t think he’s pulled up any trees there but at the time he was in form, cosgrove wasn’t and he was third of the price

I don’t get the business sense at our club
10:46, Mon 18 Oct
I was calling for us to take a punt on Adebayo at Walsall, 23 years old, great attitude, mobile and powerful, was going for £200k on our doorstep

10 goals in 25 starts in the Championship for Luton

It's really frustrating when it's so obvious
10:47, Mon 18 Oct
Yeah I remember that

It’s annoying isn’t it.

Cosgrove was always doomed, he was terribly out of form joining a side that was woeful.
The congratulations of Gardner after the summer window were entirely premature:

Castillo - nowhere to be seen
Chong - started well but has faded. He's had similar loan spells at Werder Bremen and Club Brugge.
Aneke - not really been given a chance so jury out.
Woods - started well but doesn't look fit to me and has faded badly.
Graham - no league starts, poor in the cup games.
Deeney - the reality is he was signed to appease the fans after the stadium debacle. He wasn't what was needed in terms of what he would offer the side. I hope he regains some form but 1 goal that wasn't a penalty last season in a very strong Watford side doesn't fill me with hope.
Sarkic - has been much better than expected. Decent signing.
Sanderson - has looked good when played.

Only 3 of them have started consistently so far and that includes Sarkic who wouldn't have been a starter had Etheridge not been ill. We didn't address the issues of pace really. I get the sentiment with Deeney being Blues etc. but we should have used those funds on taking a young, mobile striker or 2 from the lower leagues, they'd have been as impactful.

We're a club without direction, led by donkeys. We're in for a real struggle this season and I don't think we'll have the good fortune to escape it this time.
11:12, Mon 18 Oct
I still find it quite bizarre that despite signing about 30 players we've still got the same strike force we had under Pep Clotet, only it's now older and worse than it was then.

5 transfer windows and we still haven't replaced Che Adams' pace and power

Maybe they hoped they were with Chuks? I think they may be wrong if so.
11:16, Mon 18 Oct
Problem is they’re nearly always wrong. We should be signing players to play in the first 11, not fill out the squad. That’s supposed to be what the under 23 squad is for.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:19, Mon 18 Oct
The congratulations of Gardner after the summer window were entirely premature:

Castillo - nowhere to be seen Agree
Chong - started well but has faded. He's had similar loan spells at Werder Bremen and Club Brugge. Don't agree, being marked out of the game atm
Aneke - not really been given a chance so jury out. Don't agree - doesn't look up to the standard, though there is time to improve him.
Woods - started well but doesn't look fit to me and has faded badly.Don't agree, has been excellent until injured
Graham - no league starts, poor in the cup games. Agree
Deeney - the reality is he was signed to appease the fans after the stadium debacle. He wasn't what was needed in terms of whet he would offer the side. I hope he regains some form but 1 goal that wasn't a penalty last season in a very strong Watford side doesn't fill me with hope. Don't agree, could still be pivotal, not match sharp though
Sarkic - has been much better than expected. Decent signing. Agree, better than decent though - excellent signing.
Sanderson - has looked good when played. Agree, again a potentially excellent signing, looks classy.

Only 3 of them have started consistently so far and that includes Sarkic who wouldn't have been a started had Etheridge not been ill. We didn't address the issues of pace really. I get the sentiment with Deeney being Blues etc. but we should have used those funds on taking a young, mobile striker or 2 from the lower leagues, they'd have been as impactful. Mostly agree, we deffo needed pace up top

We're a club without direction, led by donkeys. We're in for a real struggle this season and I don't think we'll have the good fortune to escape it this time.
Still think mid table is easily achievable.
11:28, Mon 18 Oct
We will find out a lot more I think over the next 3-4 weeks. Either cementing ourselves as mid tablers or realising we’re fecked.
11:40, Mon 18 Oct
Yes I think so too.