20:43, Sat 16 Oct
Jameron Cerome
Entering a bus lane is an offence.
Parking on the pavement as long as it is not in a dangerous position, blocking the road or driven on the pavement is not an offence.

Exactly- which is so wrong. I know I “did wrong” - the source of my frustration is that vehicles can park on a pavement, completely obstructing it, without consequence.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
20:48, Sat 16 Oct
Made in Daegu

Exactly- which is so wrong. I know I “did wrong” - the source of my frustration is that vehicles can park on a pavement, completely obstructing it, without consequence.

You never mentioned that on your original post ?
20:50, Sat 16 Oct
Bring it up with your local MP.
It's illegal in London.

It's almost as if you're going "yes well I broke this rule, but look at this other unrelated thing, this should be illegal!" to justify you effing up.
21:04, Sat 16 Oct
I have received a £60 fine (yes, SIXTY POUNDS) for ‘driving in a Bus Lane’. What. The. F….

Okay, so it’s my own stupid fault but it was a night and I didn’t even notice that I had entered a restricted area. It was around Sheepcote Street.

Every single day, I drive on the Coventry Road past St Andrew’s and towards Bordersley Circus and, every single day, cars ‘undertake’ me whilst driving in the ‘Bus Lane’ (before it becomes 2 lanes, I mean, just after McDonald’s). I assume all of these drivers will be receiving a fine, also….

Kindly, the council have said that the fine will ONLY be £30 if it’s “paid within 14 days”.

I guess there’s no way out of this but any advice will br appreciated!

Birmingham is a brilliant city; the Council are the worst thing about it.

I think the scheme around Sheepcote Street is ridiculous and to get to one certain place i had to divert 0.75 miles to get to somewhere 300yds away --- BUT the signs were clear
21:05, Sat 16 Oct
Jameron Cerome
Bring it up with your local MP.
It's illegal in London.

It's almost as if you're going "yes well I broke this rule, but look at this other unrelated thing, this should be illegal!" to justify you effing up.

To “justify” it? No, it’s just f*****g annoying.

I have contacted the council about it. It should be illegal EVERYWHERE!!!

I’m sorry for not seeing the sign (it was dark); I was very silly and should just pay the £30…no, I’ll just pay £60- that’s definitely what I deserve.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
21:06, Sat 16 Oct
Jameron Cerome
Parking on the pavement as long as it is not in a dangerous position, blocking the road or driven on the pavement is not an offence.

Happens everywhere ... some copper got dismissed from the force the other day for only "contributing" 10 pence for charity biscuits that were clearly marked as being £1.00 ..... meanwhile police officers found guilty of assault and guilty of committing sexual harassment, and sexual offences are keeping their jobs. It's not the first instance that is wrong, it;s the second instances.
21:08, Sat 16 Oct
Why pay £60?

Put the £30 towards an expensive away game 😆
I agree about parking on pavements btw
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
21:18, Sat 16 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Why pay £60?

😂😂 very good Rab!

Obviously I’ll happily give BCC £30 of my money, rather than £60…and a maximum of £30 of the other £30 will be spent on an away ticket priced at a maximum of £30…
21:25, Sat 16 Oct
Jameron Cerome

No they can’t

Call the police or call 101

It will be dealt with.
21:29, Sat 16 Oct
Why pay £60?

"I agree about parking on pavements"

I don't ... not in all cases ...the Government was thinking of making "parking on pavements" completely illegal everywhere ... but round by me the roads are narrow but the pavements are massively wide and you can easily park sensibly on the pavement and STILL leave room for a double sized pram, or 2 people abreast, to get through with room to spare. It's exactly what some pavements, in some areas, were built like that for.
Certainly in the streets round be me it is much more of a hazard to park on the roadway than on the pavement.
21:34, Sat 16 Oct
Rags
Why pay £60?

"I agree about parking on pavements"

I don't ... not in all cases ...the Government was thinking of making "parking on pavements" completely illegal everywhere ... but round by me the roads are narrow but the pavements are massively wide and you can easily park sensibly on the pavement and STILL leave room for a double sized pram, or 2 people abreast, to get through with room to spare. It's exactly what some pavements, in some areas, were built like that for.
Certainly in the streets round be me it is much more of a hazard to park on the roadway than on the pavement.

I’ve seen these pavements - which are wide enough to accommodate a parked vehicle and still allow a pedestrian to pass - and they’re great. I’m referring to those vehicles parked across a pavement which obstruct pedestrians who then have to use the road- sometimes. Very busy road.
06:38, Sun 17 Oct
BluenoseMo
Bluesince62
Some bus lanes are time restricted.It may not be a bus lane travelling out of the city in the morning,that's why they're undertaking you.

Yeah I was going to say this. End of the day, the councils are trying to reduce traffic and pollution in our cities, without wishing to sound pompous, we should all be supporting that, for the grandkids sakes. I know it can be a pain and it sounds like it was a genuine mistake on your part - just pay up and learn by it?

Yep - similarly on the Pershore Road - they bus lanes have times on them so, when I drive in them outside the restricted times, I get people banging their horn at me. The majority of drivers follow like sheep to the outside lane, because they haven't taken any notice of the sign that tells them they can use the bus lane. I had one driver who deliberately cut in front of me at the end of the 'bus lane' so I had to slam my anchors on!

Yea same as motorway driving, I thought we drive on the left in this country.!!
06:45, Sun 17 Oct
Roj
Roj
Yes I got that same fine as well. Pay up quickly for the "discount", but I do agree with you about the way other drivers can use undertaking along bus lanes regularly. The Alcester Road near Queensbridge School I find a particularly annoying one. I guess they have lots more enforcement cameras around the city centre.
That one is only a bus lane for a very short time each day (I think it’s 2 hrs in late afternoon). Keep an eye out for the Blue signs.
06:58, Sun 17 Oct
I can see the confusion.

Linked Image
07:05, Sun 17 Oct
Southy
I can see the confusion.

Linked Image

It wasn’t there