20:06, Fri 22 Oct
Arsenal could be six up here. Lovely to see that VAR penalty rebound go in. Just wondered though that as the ref had blown for half time, ie time expired, the penalty kick was allowed to be taken, but it was saved. Playing devils advocate that should have been the end of it and the rebound shouldn’t have been allowed.

Needless to say l’m glad it was, but l’d love it if the ref had made a mistake and it cost them that goal.
20:10, Fri 22 Oct
I assume they basically re-wound the clock to when the pen should have been taken, i.e. with a minute or so to go.
20:14, Fri 22 Oct
What does MHD mean? On the sky coverage.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.
20:17, Fri 22 Oct
McGinn Horrible Diver
20:24, Fri 22 Oct
Mings, Head Destroyer
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:29, Fri 22 Oct
bluearmyfaction
I assume they basically re-wound the clock to when the pen should have been taken, i.e. with a minute or so to go.

There were 6 seconds left of added time when the foul took place.
20:33, Fri 22 Oct
20:33, Fri 22 Oct
[www.thefa.com]

Additional time is allowed for a penalty kick to be taken and completed at the end of each half of the match or extra time. When additional time is allowed, the penalty kick is completed when, after the kick has been taken, the ball stops moving, goes out of play, is played by any player (including the kicker) other than the defending goalkeeper, or the referee stops play for an offence by the kicker or the kicker's team.

The law is pretty clear. Once Aubemayang touches it after the save the penalty is complete.

I don't think the goal ought to have stood.
20:36, Fri 22 Oct
John_Smullen
The board shows a minimum added time.
Which is ignored when it suits
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:36, Fri 22 Oct
John_Smullen
The board shows a minimum added time.

Well yes, but even if you rewind to the foul by the time the kick is taken you would be well over the two minutes.

The penalty ought to have been taken under shoot out conditions. The rule makes it clear the clock doesn't stop. Otherwise the circumstance of a penalty after time could never occur.
20:40, Fri 22 Oct
To me it is clear the referee either doesn't know or chose not to apply law 14 correctly.

Letting the goal stand is a technically incorrect decision. Like not giving a goal when the ball was two feet over the line.
20:50, Fri 22 Oct
Bollox to them anyway.
20:52, Fri 22 Oct
he didn’t blow for half time, he blew up to check the monitor

half time hadn’t happened, rebound stands. yay
20:57, Fri 22 Oct
The way Arsenal attack down the flanks is so good to watch. There's always a player overlapping on the outside to get behind the defence. I remember we used to do that a lot, but it was 40 years ago when Langan and Dennis were playing.
21:01, Fri 22 Oct
No. He clearly blew up for half time. Then went to check the monitor. He signalled the teams to stay on.