12:02, Wed 24 Nov
This was exactly why I was always in favour of not letting them use our ground and letting them go out of existence instead.

Ungrateful pricks.
12:06, Wed 24 Nov
Spike
This was exactly why I was always in favour of not letting them use our ground and letting them go out of existence instead.

Ungrateful pricks.

We did get some reasonable dough out of it in fairness although it did also eff up the pitch
12:18, Wed 24 Nov
Spike
My favourite throw-in episode last night was when Roberts went through all the bollocks of drying the ball and that, then tried to throw it short and threw it out for a goal kick.

Comedy gold.

😂😂

I went mad at that, lost the plot.

Agreed with BA about the Cov song as well. Can we also take a moment to reel from the awful awful awful "your mom is a villa fan" song?

I'd rather fold than be a Coventry fan.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
12:22, Wed 24 Nov
Micky Darrell
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
I assume the former because it was never a red card
I've never had a problem with someone getting a red for those types of fouls. He never tried to get the ball . I've always been consistent

I just don't know what the law is. What is 'serious foul play'.

Normally, 'professional fouls' or taking one for the team gets a yellow unless it's dangerous or violent or they are in on goal. Woods did dive in but it was just to trip the bloke.

Woods was so far off the pace maybe it was a tackle.😎

You're absolutely right, "serious foul play" is tackling with excessive force or endangering the safety of your opponent. It isn't cynically clipping your opponent's ankle from behind
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
12:56, Wed 24 Nov
He didn't clip him though did he? He dived in from behind. Had he have cynically tripped him while, say, the player cut across him but stayed on his feet then I'm certain it would've been a yellow.

Like I said before, I'll be staggered if the EFL overturn it.
@stevanderman
13:27, Wed 24 Nov
jefflynneshair
He didn't clip him though did he? He dived in from behind. Had he have cynically tripped him while, say, the player cut across him but stayed on his feet then I'm certain it would've been a yellow.

Like I said before, I'll be staggered if the EFL overturn it.

His leg comes across sideways and makes contact with the foot, attempting to cause the Cov player's right leg to trip over his left leg, which is what he achieved. I'd call that a clip, maybe you don't but in no way was it using "excessive force" or putting the Cov player's safety in danger. For that, I'd expect to see a stamping action on the guy's achilles. The decision to issue a red card was wrong by the laws of the game
15:52, Wed 24 Nov
Intent also forms part of it. But it WAS dangerous. It was a lunge, from behind. His foot was above the ankle height (considerably) studs up. That's a red card by the letter of the law. As he landed his other foot went up with studs in the air aswell. It was reckless and stupid.

I think we're a bit blinkered if we think otherwise, imo.

As for the pens, i think both teams should have had 1. Ref was generally poor but for both teams. Been a few poor refs of late.

But we should also wonder why we were pretty poor last night, i know short of players but the passing was woeful, retention of the ball was shocking. Def did generally ok and I thought once again GK did well, although got a tad lucky with the parry back into the middle.
16:12, Wed 24 Nov
Some people would make every foul by one of our players a red card.

The foul by Woods it seemed to me was well inside the category of a yellow card for foul play rather than serious foul play.
It wasn't a clear professional foul.

I have seen similar fouls given as a red card before, but usually they would be a yellow card.

Personally I think they ought to be red cards, but if they aren't then everyone should be treated the same. Unless there was a good reason to up the punishment it should have been yellow.

I think Blues are frustrated after the goal on Saturday. It was such a ridiculous error that adding a (very) harsh red on Tuesday makes it feel like we are not getting reasonable treatment from refs at the moment.
16:13, Wed 24 Nov
majson
Intent also forms part of it. But it WAS dangerous. It was a lunge, from behind. His foot was above the ankle height (considerably) studs up. That's a red card by the letter of the law. As he landed his other foot went up with studs in the air aswell. It was reckless and stupid.

I think we're a bit blinkered if we think otherwise, imo.

As for the pens, i think both teams should have had 1. Ref was generally poor but for both teams. Been a few poor refs of late.

But we should also wonder why we were pretty poor last night, i know short of players but the passing was woeful, retention of the ball was shocking. Def did generally ok and I thought once again GK did well, although got a tad lucky with the parry back into the middle.

Studs up?? He kicks him with his instep. If you think that's dangerous then there should be six or seven red cards every match and we have to outlaw the sliding tackle completely
16:14, Wed 24 Nov
His studs were up.
And no you don’t have to stop sliding tackles. That wasn’t a sliding tackle btw
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:17, Wed 24 Nov
I know people saying Woods would have been in for a ticking off if he hadn’t fouled him but I don’t think he needed to at that point. It was blind panic.

I’ve gone right off Woods.
16:20, Wed 24 Nov
They weren't when he made contact.

At some point in most tackles the sole of your foot will not be pointed at the ground.
16:21, Wed 24 Nov
It was frustration as he was being outpaced and he should, imo, have read the situation better to begin with and avoided the issue outright. I think he's an alright player but it does show where we are shopping these days.

His studs were up though, he may not have connected with his studs but that doesnt mean they were up. You simply cannot lunge in like that anymore.
16:23, Wed 24 Nov
Sheep2
Some people would make every foul by one of our players a red card.

I do find it weird at times.

I remember a couple of years ago Barry Bannan doing a worse challenge than that on Jude Bellingham. Jude was going away from him and Bannan just launched himself through the back of his legs to bring him down. Yellow card.

I made the case then that a flagrant piece of shithousery like that was worth more than yellow, borderline red.

Plenty of people were confidently assuring me that the rules only allowed for yellow. So fine.

But now, some people think last night's red was fair enough.

Same as the McGree penalty shout last night. We've had plenty of penalties given against us for a lot less than that over the last couple of seasons at least, I have been assured that they were fair enough. Hell, I've seen penalties given against us for opponents slipping over (against Barnsley) and been assured they were fair enough on the basis that "Pedersen iz shit...lol..."

If we want other people and refs to give us a break and treat us fairly, perhaps we should start by doing that ourselves.
16:25, Wed 24 Nov
Fat Buddha
I know people saying Woods would have been in for a ticking off if he hadn’t fouled him but I don’t think he needed to at that point. It was blind panic.

I’ve gone right off Woods.
Gingerist
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”