16:30, Wed 24 Nov
Spike
Sheep2
Some people would make every foul by one of our players a red card.

I do find it weird at times.

I remember a couple of years ago Barry Bannan doing a worse challenge than that on Jude Bellingham. Jude was going away from him and Bannan just launched himself through the back of his legs to bring him down. Yellow card.

I made the case then that a flagrant piece of shithousery like that was worth more than yellow, borderline red.

Plenty of people were confidently assuring me that the rules only allowed for yellow. So fine.

But now, some people think last night's red was fair enough.

Same as the McGree penalty shout last night. We've had plenty of penalties given against us for a lot less than that over the last couple of seasons at least, I have been assured that they were fair enough. Hell, I've seen penalties given against us for opponents slipping over (against Barnsley) and been assured they were fair enough on the basis that "Pedersen iz shit...lol..."

If we want other people and refs to give us a break and treat us fairly, perhaps we should start by doing that ourselves.
Just to point out I’d have sent Bannan off as well. And have said we’ve had some ridiculous decisions go against us. Pedersen a couple of times and Dean at Reading spring to mind.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:32, Wed 24 Nov
Just to point out, I'd sent Bannan off every time the shitbag set foot on the pitch at St. Andrew's...on general principle.
16:32, Wed 24 Nov
but the laws have been implemented different since then. Equally that should have been red at the time regardless.
16:34, Wed 24 Nov
majson
but the laws have been implemented different since then.

Nope, those challenges are still yellow pretty much 100 percent of the time. We are special.
16:36, Wed 24 Nov
Spike
Just to point out, I'd sent Bannan off every time the shitbag set foot on the pitch at St. Andrew's...on general principle.
You didn’t need to add that.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:39, Wed 24 Nov
I'm an old codger now and there have bene two changes in my life time with regards to those tackles. It' a sending off if you're the last person and if it's "wreck less and dangerous", likewise it's a sending off. Otherwise, it's a booking. Part of me suspected that, with 70 mins gone it's on TV and the game going nowhere, the ref decided to be the "star" and take centre stage, he was just looking for an excuse .
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
16:49, Wed 24 Nov
except it was reckless and dangerous. He could have taken him out earlier where it quite easily would have been a yellow but he didn't.

The fact he fouled him wasnt the issue, it was the fact he flew in from quite a way back, in the air, studs up. He wasnt in control of the tackle. Adding to that as he landed his other foot went up in the air studs up which again only shows that he wasnt in control of the tackle.

He barely touched him in the end, i agree, which in itself shows how far back he lunged from.

I would agree its not reffed consistently but that doesnt make the foul itself a yellow
16:58, Wed 24 Nov
Tied yourself in a nice knot there mate, congratulations.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
17:05, Wed 24 Nov
Gary Gardner didn’t touch the Hull bloke at all. Still a red
22:53, Wed 24 Nov
El Mayor
Blueshark
McGree’s was a definite penalty but Cov should have had one too for Sanderson’s stupid shirt pulling.

The sending off was a joke.

We were down to bare bones at the end so will take a point but on balance it was poor again. The two Wolves boys kept us in it tonight

McGree's wasn't a pen, he kicked air and fell over.

I saw it as, McGree swings his leg ready for shot, brings it forward, Cov player lumber in and puts his thigh in the way stopping mcGree kicking the ball and nudges his leg so he swings and misses.

All day a pen as McGree had possession and was impeded
22:55, Wed 24 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
I assume the former because it was never a red card
I've never had a problem with someone getting a red for those types of fouls. He never tried to get the ball . I've always been consistent

The refs need to be consistent though. We had one against us a few weeks ago.

Also the refs reasoning is serious foul play and the definition of that is:

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

I dont see how that type of foul meets that definition.
07:49, Thu 25 Nov
I am just so looking forward to all the shit decisions going our way for the rest of the season, when all these bad ones are evened up as we are reliable informed they do.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
07:52, Thu 25 Nov
Like when they had that stone wall penalty waved away first half?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:32, Thu 25 Nov
Super Hans
Like when they had that stone wall penalty waved away first half?

Exactly like that - 3 big decisions the ref gets wrong - that is bad.

Speaks to the standard of refs so inevitably we are going to get more bad calls
08:33, Thu 25 Nov
We should both sides have had a pen, both shirt holding which is illegal to whatever extent it's done, though how the officials missed theirs is amazing.