thethinblueline
Why are the games being stopped though?

I’m not having that the players wouldn’t be in the right frame of mind

Someone is receiving life saving medical attention. What would happen if the team scored and the crowd goes mad?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:05, Wed 1 Dec
Great stuff. Apart from being in hospital you couldn't wish to be in a better place to need medical help

The ground is next door to Watford general hospital and from experience it’s a good place.
Hope he/she has a a good outcome.
21:16, Wed 1 Dec
In the old days the poorly fella would be carted down the terraces where he would be attended to by the St John's lot.

World has gone soft.
21:20, Wed 1 Dec
In the old days the poorly fella would be carted down the terraces where he would be attended to by the St John's lot.

World has gone soft.

Mate of my Dad unfortunately passed away of a heart attack at the Baggies, in the late 50's. Pretty sure there were no covid vaccines involved and yeah, he was carted down to the St John's folk at the front, game carried on, don't think it made the papers.
21:22, Wed 1 Dec
pathetic
21:30, Wed 1 Dec
ZLAMMER
pathetic

What?
21:32, Wed 1 Dec
A real pfuzzler I must say.
becoming a more caring society is pathetic. Man up.
21:36, Wed 1 Dec
😊
22:18, Wed 1 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Its best just to ignore them most of the time

Well, yeah. There isn't enough time for any meaningful data to have come out which would show a higher incidence so why do they jump to the first conclusion they come to that just happens to suit their beliefs, cognitive bias in action.
22:27, Wed 1 Dec
👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:28, Wed 1 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Its best just to ignore them most of the time

Well, yeah. There isn't enough time for any meaningful data to have come out which would show a higher incidence so why do they jump to the first conclusion they come to that just happens to suit their beliefs, cognitive bias in action.

Suits their agenda.
22:53, Wed 1 Dec

Because you can't VAR a heart attack like you can an offside decision?
23:03, Wed 1 Dec
My Sunday football team boss collapsed and died November 1996 at Wolves v Coventry league Cup clash. The game didn't stop. They just managed the situation around the supporters.
23:47, Wed 1 Dec
Charcy
thethinblueline

I’m not having that the players wouldn’t be in the right frame of mind

Because we are becoming a more caring society that values human life?

I hope you’re right, Charcy, and I agree that games should be stopped in such circumstances. It’s the right thing to do, and it also helps to connect the players with their fans and a sense of what is most important in life.

On a practical note, there is a real issue with the public’s awareness of where the nearest defibrillator is. ‘The Link’ is trying to address this. Local businesses, in particular, should try to identify & publicise where the nearest defibrillator is. They are really life saving. Otherwise, the emergency services should be able to direct you.