Charcy
thethinblueline
Why are the games being stopped though?

I’m not having that the players wouldn’t be in the right frame of mind

Because we are becoming a more caring society that values human life?

I hope you’re right, Charcy, and I agree that games should be stopped in such circumstances. It’s the right thing to do, and it also helps to connect the players with their fans and a sense of what is most important in life.

On a practical note, there is a real issue with the public’s awareness of where the nearest defibrillator is. ‘The Link’ is trying to address this. Local businesses, in particular, should try to identify & publicise where the nearest defibrillator is. They are really life saving. Otherwise, the emergency services should be able to direct you.

For what the defibrillators cost these days (upwards of £800) there should be one on every concourse in football grounds and many more in public areas.
I am sure that if anyone was unfortunate to need to have one used on them that there wouldn’t be a problem paying for the restocking and re calibration costs required after use. At the moment it’s a little bit of a novelty to see public defibs but we need it to be the norm.
Super Hans
thethinblueline

Someone is receiving life saving medical attention. What would happen if the team scored and the crowd goes mad?

Bronx hat! especially if it's a big goal late on in a derby, playoff or 3 mins into injury time at Bolton for example
14:39, Thu 2 Dec
thethinblueline

Strange post, so if you were playing Sunday league and saw someone on the sidelines collapse due to a cardiac arrest mid-match, then you could clearly see he was being given CPR/defib etc, it wouldn't affect your game at all?

I think the fact both Watford and Chelsea team doctors got involved too means they definitely should have stopped the game yesterday.
18:30, Tue 7 Dec
At the end of the Aussie innings in the infamous game that started the whole Ashes rigmarole, WG Grace was called upon to attend to a spectator who had been vomiting blood all over everyone. As Grace was ministering to him, the fella died.

England’s innings was delayed for 10 minutes while Grace cleaned himself up. He then opened the innings, scoring 34
11:05, Sun 12 Dec
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Another possible chest issue.
12:49, Sun 12 Dec
barnieeee
The conspiracy theorists are saying its vacccine related.

Be interesting to see if there has been an increase in heart-related hospitalisations

I effin hope not, got my booster at 2:30!