08:57, Sun 5 Dec
Charcy
Unless he served his time that they felt was the correct punishment?

Fair point.

How can you employ a known match fixer though? It undermines the whole sport.

Where’s the credibility? Where’s the trust?

Paranoia would encapsulate the game and you won’t get enjoyment from it.
08:58, Sun 5 Dec
JayBee1875
Charcy
Unless he served his time that they felt was the correct punishment?

Fair point.

How can you employ a known match fixer though? It undermines the whole sport.

Where’s the credibility? Where’s the trust?

Paranoia would encapsulate the game and you won’t get enjoyment from it.
Sounds like watching Blues
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:00, Sun 5 Dec
Charcy
I think it was a pretty stupid thing to say to be honest.

Yeah, I love Jude but it’s an insinuation the ref has fixed the match, he’ll get fined and/or banned for certain.

He's only 18. Hopefully he'll learn that you can't always say what you feel.
09:08, Sun 5 Dec
If the ref had been bribed it would have been by Dortmund. He didn't give the penalty. VAR did.
09:38, Sun 5 Dec
I don't think there was much doubt that it was a penalty.
09:38, Sun 5 Dec
Bluesince62
Charcy

Yeah, I love Jude but it’s an insinuation the ref has fixed the match, he’ll get fined and/or banned for certain.

He's only 18. Hopefully he'll learn that you can't always say what you feel.

Why not?
09:42, Sun 5 Dec
as u show yourself up as thick
09:44, Sun 5 Dec
You really don't.
09:46, Sun 5 Dec
Hip Op Crissy
as u show yourself up as thick

Not always.

It might be convenient to say nothing for good PR for example, but nothing wrong with calling someone out if it’s justified.
09:52, Sun 5 Dec
The offence happened when Jude was still in nappies, rehabilitation has to be a thing or what’s the point.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:06, Sun 5 Dec
Super Hans
The offence happened when Jude was still in nappies, rehabilitation has to be a thing or what’s the point.

I accept your point of rehabilitation. I believe in educating someone out of a problem than punishing them has its merits.

How do you rehab a match fixer/cheat though? I’m no psychologist and don’t know how long it would take either.

Look at the drink drive course or 3 point scenario. It’s so glib people choose the course and reoffend (not all but the gist I hope you get) later on.

With so much riding on sporting integrity, it should have a zero tolerance approach to match fixing and give lifetime bans. That’s just me though.
11:15, Sun 5 Dec
Le Mod
Charcy

It was a stupid thing to say but I feel there’s certain things that should stop you refereeing ever again. It’s not like he made an honest mistake and has now owned up to it. He made €2m over atleast 13 different games from it and got a life ban. He only stepped down when other refs accused him of it.

The Jude and haaland comments aside, I don’t think he should be anywhere near a football pitch.
11:29, Sun 5 Dec
Just 2 million?

The poor thing deserves a 2nd chance.

Then again.........

Laughable he's anywhere near a stadium.
12:03, Sun 5 Dec
The Dortmund one that wasn’t given was even more clear cut
Irving Selikoff - "Statistics are people with the tears wiped away"
12:53, Sun 5 Dec
Fat Buddha
Well, he’s implied that the ref has given the penalty because he’s had a bung, which could be construed as controversial.
Has he? He’s stated a fact. That implies that the referee does not have the competence or integrity to do the job properly. That doesn’t necessarily imply he took a bung. More that he’s unfit for the job.