13:04, Sun 5 Dec
I think that FB was being generous in saying he ‘implied’ the current game was a fix by the ref. I don’t really see how you can suggest otherwise.

As others have said, the ref should never have been allowed back after past transgressions. That’s completely different from suggesting the ref has just done that in the game you’ve just played. Saying that sort of thing endears you to partisan fans but frankly, it’s silly and unprofessional.
13:20, Sun 5 Dec
Fat Buddha
Well, he’s implied that the ref has given the penalty because he’s had a bung, which could be construed as controversial.
Has he? He’s stated a fact. That implies that the referee does not have the competence or integrity to do the job properly. That doesn’t necessarily imply he took a bung. More that he’s unfit for the job.

He has stated a fact in reminding viewers that the ref has a history of being bent and has then IMPLIED that his poor decision making in that game was due to his bendiness.

It really isn’t difficult.
13:30, Sun 5 Dec
Yeah it’s pretty simple. I don’t think he should be refereeing.

But I know Jude shouldn’t have said anything, if he was genuinely concerned he should have contacted the DFB.
13:40, Sun 5 Dec
Are you watching Colombo as well?😁
14:31, Sun 5 Dec
Super Hans
The offence happened when Jude was still in nappies, rehabilitation has to be a thing or what’s the point.

I accept your point of rehabilitation. I believe in educating someone out of a problem than punishing them has its merits.

How do you rehab a match fixer/cheat though? I’m no psychologist and don’t know how long it would take either.

Look at the drink drive course or 3 point scenario. It’s so glib people choose the course and reoffend (not all but the gist I hope you get) later on.

With so much riding on sporting integrity, it should have a zero tolerance approach to match fixing and give lifetime bans. That’s just me though.

"Look at the drink drive course or 3 point scenario. It’s so glib people choose the course and reoffend (not all but the gist I hope you get) later on."

You are only offered the drink drive course if you've been banned (or about to be banned) - not for 3 point offences !!! ... and the drink drive course can lead to a reduction in your ban of about 15% ... it doesn't replace your ban

Personally, I think it should be compulsory and there should be no reduction in your ban ......... but we should at least stick to the facts about what it is.
14:37, Sun 5 Dec
Send Jude on a dink drive course. That’ll learn the bastard
14:44, Sun 5 Dec
Send Jude on a dink drive course. That’ll learn the bastard

Will do .... as soon as he actually drives
14:45, Sun 5 Dec
You’re inferring that. He isn’t implying it.
15:00, Sun 5 Dec
You’re inferring that. He isn’t implying it.

BELLINGHAM: – You give a referee that has match fixed before, the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?
15:20, Sun 5 Dec
Super Hans
The offence happened when Jude was still in nappies, rehabilitation has to be a thing, or what’s the point.

Yes, rehabilitation is how criminals should be treated ie they should have decent opportunities to employment once they have served their sentence but they should be precluded from certain jobs.

25% of people convicted of any crime re-offend within a year. Now there may be an argument for how we treat criminals and reintegrate them into society but the figures are much better for Uk than countries like USA, so shows we do have a degree of tolerance. Germany 35%.

Rehabilitation does work in some cases but it blatantly doesn't in many cases. A person that has committed certain offences shouldn't be employed in the police etc those types of jobs and if you have committed a crime then you shouldn't be able to work in the field that you committed the crime in.

The level of refereeing is poor at times but it won't be to its detriment to not employ known match-fixers. He did it for 300 euros - just imagine how much he could be offered for BD v BM - it is utterly nonsensical. For 99% of referees, it would disgust the eff out of them and they would have the integrity to turn it down point blank. Not this guy, he went balls deep then grassed-up everybody when caught so got a lighter sentence.

He may well be rehabilitated, tough titties, you showed you are open to bungs and so what is the point in taking that level of risk
15:29, Sun 5 Dec
Duttyo
The Dortmund one that wasn’t given was even more clear cut

VAR was behind the Munich Pen.
15:31, Sun 5 Dec
All these people backing Bellingham,what would your response be if Deeney got a ban for saying something similar in the press ?
15:51, Sun 5 Dec
Exactly. You’d expect someone not of the right moral fibre to handle such a big game.
16:25, Sun 5 Dec
Exactly. You’d expect someone not of the right moral fibre to handle such a big game.

Anyone seen what happened in Colombia ??????

[www.theguardian.com]
16:30, Sun 5 Dec
Jeez 😂
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”