11:59, Mon 6 Dec
Los Azules
Great work as ever. I’d expect nothing less.

I’d like to see a piece on what we can do as a fanbase to show we aren’t happy or if there’s any point in doing so and why. Cheers Dan.

That’s really hard, cos I can’t tell people what to do. I’m not a leader or a spokesperson and I don’t want to be caught up organising stuff - this is where other people need to step up.
12:04, Mon 6 Dec
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Sounds good.

However, personally, I would continue to go after the club on the stadium. I don't know what you do next but a refresher on Mr King/Owners etc whilst interesting and may make someone uncomfortable at Blues, I think the pressure has to be on the club to update fans on repair works, the state of the stadium and the pretty negative inferences you've made in your last piece.

They have to acknowledge this purely due to PR. Maybe get the Trust involved as the official vehicle for fan communication- I think they are duty bound as per the league rules to reply to them? I may be wrong.

This stuff is great, it's about time they started treating us with a bit of respect.

Or…

The trust could pick up the cudgels and use my piece as a starting point on it. Not being funny but I can’t do it all.

Yeah I'm just saying drop them a message to spur them in to action.

You might not like this pal but you're the only who seems to actually get through to the club.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
12:05, Mon 6 Dec
El Mayor
Los Azules

I’d like to see a piece on what we can do as a fanbase to show we aren’t happy or if there’s any point in doing so and why. Cheers Dan.

That’s really hard, cos I can’t tell people what to do. I’m not a leader or a spokesperson and I don’t want to be caught up organising stuff - this is where other people need to step up.

Ah that’s a shame, but fair enough, I get it. Just wish we could do something that wasn’t riddled in racism.
12:15, Mon 6 Dec
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Sounds good.

However, personally, I would continue to go after the club on the stadium. I don't know what you do next but a refresher on Mr King/Owners etc whilst interesting and may make someone uncomfortable at Blues, I think the pressure has to be on the club to update fans on repair works, the state of the stadium and the pretty negative inferences you've made in your last piece.

They have to acknowledge this purely due to PR. Maybe get the Trust involved as the official vehicle for fan communication- I think they are duty bound as per the league rules to reply to them? I may be wrong.

This stuff is great, it's about time they started treating us with a bit of respect.

Or…

The trust could pick up the cudgels and use my piece as a starting point on it. Not being funny but I can’t do it all.

This.

The digging Daniel does on all of this stuff is such important information and literally perfect for the Trust to take on and move with.

Yep, good point. It shouldn't be down to Dan alone, we have a Trust (though under supported) so they need to step up a bit.
12:57, Mon 6 Dec
Bluewurst
Are we suggesting that the “actual” repair work (on the hardware) has not been started or ANY work hasn’t been done?

The former makes sense, TBh I can see what that would be the case.

You’re right, it makes absolute sense. Which makes it even worse is that the club won’t communicate this. I’m personally affected as our STs are in the lower Kop, but I understand totally that access is impossible during the season. Why won’t they simply announce the plans and situation? The owners really do need a new PR company!

#sackdalemoon

If he’s responsible for PR?

Agree 100%
12:58, Mon 6 Dec
Trouble is, the club do not help themselves by not updating people

If it’s the case, they should come out with it

This is the biggest point

The communication has been shite

A PR catastrophe
13:10, Mon 6 Dec
Another great piece, Dan. I'm one of those that's losing interest after 50 years. We're back in our seats in Club Class. The view of the pitch is, unfortunately,excellent but the positives stop there. The football is poor, the stadium tired and neglected, trains are a shambles. I go largely to catch-up with mates and have a beer in Digbeth. In truth, I'd now much rather play golf/listen to music/do some gardening. I find it all depressing.
13:11, Mon 6 Dec
El Mayor
B76bluenose
Thanks for another informative piece.

Do you have any sense of how the senior management at the club feel about all of this stuff e.g. are they trying to do something about these issues but getting constantly knocked back on expenditure requests? Also, is the training ground being similarly neglected? There are rumours that the undersoil heating for the main pitch needs repairing but the owners refuse to pay for it.

My feelings towards the current senior management team are somewhat biased as many of them were Dong acolytes.

This 100%. Lungi doesn't look qualified enough for the job and Ian Dutton might be a nice enough bloke and Blues "through and through" but he's 100% accountable due to his complicity with the systematic mismanagement in recent years.

Appreciate he's stuck between a rock & hard place having seen what happens to those who did disagree with Dong in the past (Julia Shelton, Jo Allsopp Roger Lloyd and others).

Who's the finance chief these days?

Who else is in the senior management team?
13:20, Mon 6 Dec
Thanks Dan even though thoroughly depressing!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
I believe the senior management team (other than Craig Gardner as Technical Director) is Lungi Macebo (COO), Mark Smith (CFO), Ian Dutton (Chief Commercial Officer), Zoe Jones (Club Secretary) and Jessica Poulson (Chief Marketing and Brand Officer). No doubt Dan will correct me if I'm wrong on these. And not sure which of them Dan believes are Ren acolytes...
14:13, Mon 6 Dec
Rags
Trust me folks ... it isn't really a case of money, it's a case of logistics.

Re-opening of top tiers was someone else's fault (although an experienced Project Manager would have spotted something that the PM didn't). I can't say whose fault as it's to be adjudicated and i don't want to "blow my cover" or lose my job by defaming a company.

Whichever way the bottom tiers was approached they weren't going to be open at the start of this season - and since they need the pitch to be unused for such a long period it was only going to get finished quicker if we went and played at a different ground for 3 months.

No subcontractor has been refused based on cost - as i said, it's an unfortunate logistical problem.

Will email Mayor with full details at some point but incredibly busy right now

Couldn’t we have played at a different ground for the final 3 months of last season when there were no fans anyway and gotten the work done then? I believe the issue was known about some moths before that time. Unless I have that wrong?
14:15, Mon 6 Dec
Bluesince62
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Sounds good.

Or…

This.

The digging Daniel does on all of this stuff is such important information and literally perfect for the Trust to take on and move with.

Yep, good point. It shouldn't be down to Dan alone, we have a Trust (though under supported) so they need to step up a bit.

Who posts on here from the trust? Is Karim still involved?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
14:24, Mon 6 Dec
Los Azules
El Mayor
Los Azules

Ah that’s a shame, but fair enough, I get it. Just wish we could do something that wasn’t riddled in racism.

There's been one racist banner out of dozens. It's not ok but let's not pretend that it's all been race related.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
14:39, Mon 6 Dec
Bluewurst
Trouble is, the club do not help themselves by not updating people

If it’s the case, they should come out with it

This is the biggest point

The communication has been shite

A PR catastrophe

It’s quite evident that they don’t care and are treating fans with contempt. There are no consequences of this for them. They appear to only want to make sure that we field a team every week.
14:59, Mon 6 Dec
The only form of "protest" that would make any difference to the owners is the fanbase hitting them in their wallet en masse.

But there will be negative consequences to that and everyone has to weigh that up.

A large shortfall in revenue would mean short term the owners having to cough up more money to cover the club's losses. Long term it would mean the owners conducting widespread cost cutting measures and running the club within its means most likely in the lower divisions.

They won't let the club go into administration so the outgoings will fall to reflect the reduced incomings. Category 1 status for the academy would be lost, we'd become a glorified Walsall.

There is also the option of creating a protest club like FC United of Manchester and supporting the spiritual successor to BCFC while the original club continues its death by a thousand cuts, but I think we're too apathetic a fanbase for that to happen anytime soon.