17:00, Tue 7 Dec
Always up for a new ale me - mate at work has a sister that works at the brewery so offering 4 can packs of this...[www.ringwoodbrewery.co.uk].... for £3, so had to have a dabble...utterly gorgeous and I'm an IPA man normally, up to now the only stout I've liked is the Mud City Stout. So if you get the chance I'd rate the Double Choc as 4.5 Zidics out of 5 👍
17:09, Tue 7 Dec
There's an Off Licence on Quarry Bank that sells it. I buy it every time we have a Chinese from Ting Sing, which is almost opposite.

The bottles are never the same - folk around here say the same about the Batham's. But I remember trying Young's Double Choc on draft at the old Malt & Hops behind the Hagley Duck, in about 1997. Completely different, and the chocolate taste was incredible.
17:20, Tue 7 Dec
I'm sure it's better on draught, but surprisingly good in a can too! Ringwood brewery make some belting ales.
18:20, Wed 8 Dec
Never found it in a can - generally I find cans better, I’d have no hesitation if I found some
18:47, Wed 8 Dec
Yep lad at work selling 'slabs' of em, 4 pack cans 24 in a slab.
19:05, Wed 8 Dec
That is a great stout.

I can also recommend Triple Chocolate Stout from Saltaire Brewery (and it’s big brother, Imperial Triple Chocolate Stout)
Irving Selikoff - "Statistics are people with the tears wiped away"
19:08, Wed 8 Dec
Hank Marvin
There's an Off Licence on Quarry Bank that sells it. I buy it every time we have a Chinese from Ting Sing, which is almost opposite.

The bottles are never the same - folk around here say the same about the Batham's. But I remember trying Young's Double Choc on draft at the old Malt & Hops behind the Hagley Duck, in about 1997. Completely different, and the chocolate taste was incredible.

Bathams....now you're talking.
23:00, Wed 8 Dec
macca salop blue
Hank Marvin

I used to live ten minutes from the Bull, where they brew it. We moved a bit closer to Stourbridge so it’s now sadly about 20 minutes walk. 🍻🤪
10:40, Thu 9 Dec
I’m an ale man but agree it’s never the same in a can or a bottle. Too much CO2.

Getting it in draft here in Oz is almost impossible. So smallpack it is.

There are some decent craft ales down here but (like in the UK) far too dominated by IPAs.

Too much hop usually, for my liking. I like the taste of malt.

I always liked Ringwood but again, much better from the cask than keg or smallpack.

Butty Bach is a midlands beer I’ve always liked in all formats.
I pink therefore I ham
15:47, Thu 9 Dec
I find ale in a bottle way better than out of a can
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:10, Thu 9 Dec
Mostly I'd agree - was surprised therefore just how nice the double choc stout was out of a can. Butty bach is a nice tipple too.
17:36, Thu 9 Dec
Love chocolate and love ale, however have to be taken separately as far as I am concerned.
17:54, Thu 9 Dec
There was amild served at the white swan.

It tasted exactly like an alcoholic Black Forest gateau

Stunningly good cherry and dark choc mild
17:59, Fri 10 Dec
Bluewurst
There was amild served at the white swan.

It tasted exactly like an alcoholic Black Forest gateau

Stunningly good cherry and dark choc mild

Not a mild fan at all, but this sounds like my kind of sauce!
macca salop blue
Hank Marvin

I have a vague memory of a Batham’s winter ale called Christmas Cracker which I went to Chaddesley Corbett to sample. Must be 35 years ago, so can anybody confirm that this might have been a thing?