13:28, Fri 14 Jan
Scoobers
EXCL: dcfc under fresh transfer embargo after failing to convince EFL they can fulfil remaining fixtures.
Heated exchanges at the training ground today, I’m told, as Rooney told he won't be able to make any new signings this month. Jagielka has left - his contract up next week.

Think Rooney has done very well there all things considered, wouldn't be surprised if he walked eventually to protect that reputation for when another job comes up. Everton?

Wonder if this means they're looking to sell any players? Would love Jason Knight.
13:36, Fri 14 Jan
I need to dream bigger ! ?
I think dreaming of us being as big as Spurs were in the 90's and 2000's (2 league cup wins and 1 fa cup win )is about enough for me at the moment.
13:40, Fri 14 Jan
Dirty Bertie
davenports
Racelight
I can remember many years ago when Man city was a team in the shadow of Man Utd, always flaunting relegation. Now look at them. This should be possible for us with the right owners.
Agreed. Chelsea were also for years a club in the shadows of Arsenal and Spurs until the Russian money was poured in.
I do believe the potential is there for any club in a major City,given the right owners,to be successful,and I certainly count us as one of them.
Unfortunately ,apart maybe for a brief period under the Coombes family in the early 70.s and arguably during the early part of the Gollivans reign we have never even looked like we have owners to take us to that level.

But both Chelsea and Man City were already PL sides before the big money arrived.

That is key. Would Southampton or Palace or Burnley have attracted the new investment if they weren't already on the gravy train?
Good point,although weren't villa still in the championship when their saviours arrived or had they already got promoted?
13:57, Fri 14 Jan
TrickyBlue
Bluesince62
Yeah, I think the rules changed because of Man City didn't they? weren't they taking the absolute rip out of it by 'sponsoring' themselves for about 500 million? so as you say, not as easy now for the nouveaux riche like vile and Newcastle to just buy the league.

Yeah something like that, my memory isn't what is used to be and I'm only 29 😬

A load of Abu Dhabi owned companies putting money in.

When they lost to Wigan in the FAC cup the club arranged for the win bonuses to be paid by sponsors. Except that the Sheikh actually paid the bonus, not the sponsors.
This all came out during their UEFA FFP case.

The answer is that if you pay the best law firms enough they will cleverly and unscrupulously argue almost anything to the point at which it's almost impossible to prove even the most open and shut case against ther clients.
14:05, Fri 14 Jan
Dirty Bertie
davenports
Racelight
I can remember many years ago when Man city was a team in the shadow of Man Utd, always flaunting relegation. Now look at them. This should be possible for us with the right owners.
Agreed. Chelsea were also for years a club in the shadows of Arsenal and Spurs until the Russian money was poured in.
I do believe the potential is there for any club in a major City,given the right owners,to be successful,and I certainly count us as one of them.
Unfortunately ,apart maybe for a brief period under the Coombes family in the early 70.s and arguably during the early part of the Gollivans reign we have never even looked like we have owners to take us to that level.

But both Chelsea and Man City were already PL sides before the big money arrived.

That is key. Would Southampton or Palace or Burnley have attracted the new investment if they weren't already on the gravy train?
Good point,although weren't villa still in the championship when their saviours arrived or had they already got promoted?

Yeah they were still in the Championship. They were days from admin or worse, had Brucey in charge who had just done an interview bracing the vilers to the fact that 'are Jack' was about to be sold for peanuts and they were laying off club shop staff and caterers and trying to flog a staff car park to pay the tax man.
Think all this was the summer after they lost to Fulham in the play off Final.
Spawny effers.
14:11, Fri 14 Jan
Big club, big fan base, big stadium, big reputation

They were always going to get good owners.
14:12, Fri 14 Jan
Big club, big fan base, big stadium, big reputation

They were always going to get good owners.

I agree with the first line, not so much the second. They got very, very lucky.
Just read this - any hope for Blues receiving something along the same lines?

[www.bbc.co.uk]
17:36, Mon 17 Jan
Our problems are a million miles away from theirs.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:14, Mon 17 Jan
Chris
Scoobers
EXCL: dcfc under fresh transfer embargo after failing to convince EFL they can fulfil remaining fixtures.
Heated exchanges at the training ground today, I’m told, as Rooney told he won't be able to make any new signings this month. Jagielka has left - his contract up next week.

Think Rooney has done very well there all things considered, wouldn't be surprised if he walked eventually to protect that reputation for when another job comes up. Everton?

Wonder if this means they're looking to sell any players? Would love Jason Knight.

Reports suggesting Roo could get the Everton job. Credit to him for sticking things out at Derby and as you say he's done well all things considered. He could easily have walked last season.
18:19, Mon 17 Jan
I'm amazed more teams aren't putting cheeky bids in for some of their players. More disappointed we haven't for any tbh
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:30, Mon 17 Jan
Who would you have? I opined that they had a better squad than us a while back and you disagreed?
19:33, Mon 17 Jan
I wouldn't say better squad a better manager definitely.
19:34, Mon 17 Jan
Ebosele twice
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:40, Mon 17 Jan
I wouldn't say better squad a better manager definitely.

Not definitely at all. Not so long back LB totally out thought Rooney when we beat them - and Rooney insisted on a ridiculous playing from the back tactic that handed us the game, even when it was costing them goals against us. Rooney hasn't done anything yet to prove anything, other than being in a backs to the wall situation.