13:13, Tue 18 Jan
Miguelagenn
I know everyone dislikes us but Jordan definitely doesn't, he's never got over us taking TF off him and it's left him with a bitter taste. I wouldn't bother listening to him talk about us.

Was bruce we took off him and he ended up with francis. Also got pissed off with our lousey bids for AJ.
13:23, Tue 18 Jan
Jordan got abused and threatened by fans as well. Not just an issue with the owners
13:23, Tue 18 Jan
derbyblue
completely missing the point we are land locked by faceless entity

we cannot be bought and sold under normal business practices
the fourth of

as far as I know, you can't make shareholders sell no matter which stock-market you're listed on.

And it's a mistake to argue there is a conspiracy against Birmingham.

We need to sort these things out if we're gonna have a coherent case against our present owners.
bluearmyfaction
My Blue Heaven
I think in the cold light of day, not a lot of people give a shit about blues outside our fan base
I think people do, as an example of how shit football regulation has been. It's the same sort of glance thrown at Bury or Macclesfield or even Bolton.

It would be a lot more significant if Derby went completely bust as the focus would be on us - and lots of other clubs that would suddenly have the vultures circling. Confidence is fickle. If one club goes, others might quickly follow, as lenders lose their nerve.
I think this is correct. A domino effect would follow.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
13:49, Tue 18 Jan
bluearmyfaction
My Blue Heaven
I think in the cold light of day, not a lot of people give a shit about blues outside our fan base
I think people do, as an example of how shit football regulation has been. It's the same sort of glance thrown at Bury or Macclesfield or even Bolton.

It would be a lot more significant if Derby went completely bust as the focus would be on us - and lots of other clubs that would suddenly have the vultures circling. Confidence is fickle. If one club goes, others might quickly follow, as lenders lose their nerve.

But our borrowing is from the "owners" so the question of lenders losing their nerve is not really the same as those clu s in hock to the banks and institutions.
13:56, Tue 18 Jan
May be on my own here but I don’t think Jordan was that bad and was asking the questions expected from a neutral that doesn’t know the inside issues of what is going on at blues
13:58, Tue 18 Jan
They have to get the liquid from somewhere though. If it’s all loaded into the share value…

There’s an article in the Grauniad today about the Reading situation. Looking dicey there too. We’ve known for a while, reading the tunes, that there are things stirring there, but now it’s breaking into the mass media.
14:07, Tue 18 Jan
bluearmyfaction
They have to get the liquid from somewhere though. If it’s all loaded into the share value…

There’s an article in the Grauniad today about the Reading situation. Looking dicey there too. We’ve known for a while, reading the tunes, that there are things stirring there, but now it’s breaking into the mass media.

With the ways it's going I wouldn't be surprised not to far in the distance if we start seeing club merges eg like the 2 Bristol clubs . Not just to benefit the owners but to help fixture congestion. I think the first example will be of this will be when 2 clubs in the same city die then will be reformed in another name . That way less controversial. Say if baggies and dog heads joined together they would be arguing what name to use.
14:27, Tue 18 Jan
I don't think Jordan knows alot about the situation at Blues. And Dants only really gave him a overview.
14:28, Tue 18 Jan
[amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org]
Good price on Reading here . Chinese ownership as well.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
14:44, Tue 18 Jan
I assume the money comes from the owners.

I have a feeling they don't give it to the company it is in effect a loan, they become creditors.

I don't really know how company law works but I think if the owners call in the debt then the company would be bankrupt and have to sell any assets they had to pay them.

I thought this was the reason for the 'sustainability' part of football regulations.
15:31, Tue 18 Jan
Bad Optics !
16:38, Tue 18 Jan
bluearmyfaction

With the ways it's going I wouldn't be surprised not to far in the distance if we start seeing club merges eg like the 2 Bristol clubs . Not just to benefit the owners but to help fixture congestion. I think the first example will be of this will be when 2 clubs in the same city die then will be reformed in another name . That way less controversial. Say if baggies and dog heads joined together they would be arguing what name to use.

Birmingham Villa? Aston City?
16:41, Tue 18 Jan
🤮
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:44, Tue 18 Jan
Le Mod
I wouldn't say Jordan backed the board, he was just pointing out that a lot of money had been spent, which was a fair comment.

But let us not forget that a lot has been recouped. I can't be arsed to trawl the internet and find our net spend under these owners but we've brought in over £40m from Che and Jude alone. I doubt our net spend is that high TBH.

It's also silly of Jordan to simply talk about spending money. Everton have spent half a billion under Moshiri but most of it has been wasted - £27m on Iwobi (dear Lord). But I wouldn't expect Jordan to talk about nuance as he's a simpleminded contrarian.