00:19, Wed 19 Jan
He is one our better players, technically. But he wouldn’t get into their team. To a man, they were stronger and quicker, all over the pitch. And technically good in many cases too. Woods isn’t that strong or quick.
00:28, Wed 19 Jan
Really, what positives.
06:25, Wed 19 Jan
Didn't expect anything last night other than a tanking.

Fulham have just won their 3rd league game on the bounce scoring 6 goals or more. The first team in the English leagues to do that since 1933/34.

I have no expectations for our next 2 games. I'm hoping for wins and hoping that any protest chants will at least generate an atmosphere which morphs into us getting behind the team and lifting them. It's something as fans we used to be good at.
06:39, Wed 19 Jan
Finchy
We have much bigger problems than the manager, chopping and changing doesn't work we are proof of that.

Drives me mad there’s still Blues fans who don’t see this. Where’ve you all been for the last 6 years?

Blues changing the manager AGAIN is the equivalent of repainting your car in the hope that the brakes will start working.

Unfortunately; we’re going to keep crashing until the brakes are fixed.

A new manager, means starting afresh again. It gives the owners a new distraction for 12 months. It means someone else to add their own players to an already patchwork group of players.

You’re giving BSHL what they want. The little people are arguing about formations whilst they sit in their ivory tower like those terrible American actors from Squid Game.

We should be looking at Blackburn, and seeing the benefit of getting out of this short termist attitude, because I absolutely guarantee you we’ll be here next season having the exact same argument again if we sack him now. At least Bowyer cares, and wants to get it right. That’s a damn lot more than the last bloke.
06:53, Wed 19 Jan
Fat Buddha
Dunno. He’s got it in his head that’s the way to play. Presumably he’s hoping he’ll get players in who are more comfortable with it, and it will all cohere.

I’m as unhappy as the next fella, but I do think there are mitigating circumstances. If results and performances don’t improve over the next 3 or 4 games, patience will wear very thin.

I would say that our performances got poor before our injury crisis. It hasn't helped but IMO it was not the start of our decline this season.there are major flaws in Bowyers system and he's struggled to be confident in a strike partnership and who we wants at left wingback.

We've got issues and every level and Bowyers performance as manager is one of them. But sacking him would seem futile, just a repetition of this horrible cycle we've been enduring the past five years.
07:17, Wed 19 Jan
Anyone mentioned the away support last night.
Considering our current form, who we were playing, it was a Tuesday night in January, it was on Sky red button and Fulham isn't the easiest ground to get to in London I was amazed at the numbers who turned up and the noise they made

A good owner would just have to make a decent investment in the team to light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance
07:50, Wed 19 Jan
6 shots on target against a good team and scored 2 good goals
1 yellow
No injuries?
JJ when he came on
Watching Wilson berating the ref like a spoiled brat when he didn't get the decisions he wanted.
08:03, Wed 19 Jan
Fat Buddha
Dunno. He’s got it in his head that’s the way to play. Presumably he’s hoping he’ll get players in who are more comfortable with it, and it will all cohere.

I’m as unhappy as the next fella, but I do think there are mitigating circumstances. If results and performances don’t improve over the next 3 or 4 games, patience will wear very thin.

I would say that our performances got poor before our injury crisis. It hasn't helped but IMO it was not the start of our decline this season.there are major flaws in Bowyers system and he's struggled to be confident in a strike partnership and who we wants at left wingback.

We've got issues and every level and Bowyers performance as manager is one of them. But sacking him would seem futile, just a repetition of this horrible cycle we've been enduring the past five years.

At the start of the season, first 6 games, maybe more, we were very hard to score against, had one of the best records in the division and while we were not scoring many our xg was way up there. Now it’s gone tits up at both ends. Bowyer has looked increasingly hangdog too.

I’m blaming the midfield
08:51, Wed 19 Jan
Serious question. How is anyone questioning Bowyer’s tactics and/or whether he is the right man for the job giving BHSL what they want any more than what you appear to be saying, which is we should just stick with the manager regardless and drift towards the think of another relegation battle again?

I don’t see one single person on here disputing that the biggest problem the club has is its faceless and shambolic ownership. Not one.

You appear to be suggesting though that the more the heat is turned up on Bowyer and to some extent the players that that will turn the focus away from the owners somewhat? I don’t see it like that at all.

The worse the team gets, the more anger there is towards the owners at the moment. Surely you can see that?

Our owners were still shambolic earlier this season when people were buzzing with the win at Sheffield United and when we’d beaten Derby to go fifth on the back of signing Deeney etc and some were talking about the play-offs. There was no Twitter campaign or protests planned though at that stage were there?

Fans have every right to question the performance of players and manager. Always. Regardless of what’s going on at the top. You and some others appear to think the two things have to be mutually exclusive - they’re not.

Coventry would be a good example of my point. I spend time working there and know a few of their fans who until a couple of years ago were ‘Sisu this Sisu that, etc etc’, but they never mention the (still useless and basket case) owners now, because the manager and team are doing well.

Regardless of the ownership shenanigans at any given club, I think you’re sadly mistaken if you’re expecting football fans to not pick apart the efforts of players and managers at any given point in time.

The angrier people are becoming with the manager, the angrier they are also becoming with the owners. So there are some benefits there!
09:03, Wed 19 Jan
Think you’re missing my point.

I completely agree that the management and players should be held to account for their performance.

My general issue is that there’s a certain section who ALWAYS turn on the manager at this point in the season, and it’s a pattern that doesn’t seem to get recognised. There’s got to me more to it than the manager, when we’ve changed and changed and changed - and there’s room for nuance in the discussion.

Happy to sit here and discuss the merits of formation, or which left back to play, or whatever - but I think any actual legitimate calls for the managers head just completely papers over the wider issues. You can’t just keep replacing the manager every 12 months, it’s just not going to get us anywhere.
09:08, Wed 19 Jan
And the problem with all that is it will likely make the owners think all they have to do to placate the fans is change the manager again. We need to make them think it won’t. Therefore we need to reign in criticising the manager. Not completely. Criticise him. But don’t call for his head. Realise that changing the manager won’t change the real problem. The owners.
10:46, Wed 19 Jan
'I get what you say ,but how can you shape a squad with continually taking 5 or 6 loans every season,at least 2 of them prove fruitless and the next transfer window another 3 or 4 loans added, thats not being able to shape a squad, does anyone actually think we will sign any of the loan players this season on permanent contracts, i dont, so its back to square one again next season , albeit it may be in a different league.'

Well if the owners are pulling the investment, we have little choice.
Loans to be competitive and try and stay in the division, whilst at the same time picking up one maybe two permanents each window to help us build some kind of squad alongside the kids. It's just how it is - be a slow process but I can't see any other way. If we continue sacking managers then we are never going to progress, imo.
10:49, Wed 19 Jan
And the problem with all that is it will likely make the owners think all they have to do to placate the fans is change the manager again. We need to make them think it won’t. Therefore we need to reign in criticising the manager. Not completely. Criticise him. But don’t call for his head. Realise that changing the manager won’t change the real problem. The owners.

👍
11:09, Wed 19 Jan
I like Bowyer, was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Yet he’s not without blame either.

Can anyone tell me what his style is? Yes we’re massively, massively hampered by personal but I for the life of me don’t know what the plan is. Some of our “decent” players have regressed badly this season, cant take a man on, cant even make simply 5 yard passes etc and some of the lineups have been very questionable.

We can change the manager, and it may help short term but until there’s wholesale changes will much really change?

I do like that Bowyer is seemingly try to root out some of the more negative influences within the squad, but the downside is we don’t seem to be able to replace them when they go.

the other issue is that while we're so frustrated with the board we also cant sit here and say they havent backed the club. They've spent a fortune...badly mind you.
11:13, Wed 19 Jan
I like Bowyer, was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Yet he’s not without blame either.

Can anyone tell me what his style is? Yes we’re massively, massively hampered by personal but I for the life of me don’t know what the plan is. Some of our “decent” players have regressed badly this season, cant take a man on, cant even make simply 5 yard passes etc and some of the lineups have been very questionable.

We can change the manager, and it may help short term but until there’s wholesale changes will much really change?

I do like that Bowyer is seemingly try to root out some of the more negative influences within the squad, but the downside is we don’t seem to be able to replace them when they go.

the other issue is that while we're so frustrated with the board we also cant sit here and say they havent backed the club. They've spent a fortune...badly mind you.

Carsen Yeung spent a fortune as well. Difference was he let football people actually spend it and not some agent sharks/CEO who were feathering their own nests as a priority. I think LB is trying to clean sweep the playing staff, but because of the one in/out situation it is a laborious task, he'll need time. Whether he gets it from board and/or fans is another matter.