08:41, Sat 14 May
Mick Harford’s goal secured First Division safety
[twitter.com]
09:01, Sat 14 May
Right behind that goal when it went in from Micky. Bonkers that day when he scored. Sunny day drinking in a pub by a park or a grass area.
He also did it at Cov as well.
09:05, Sat 14 May
I was in the bay behind the goal as I recall we couldn't lose by 4 and I think it was between Man City and Luton for the last relegation spot. We went down by coach and the pub we eventually reached had run out of pint glasses so we had to drink halves. Oh to be 17 again
09:07, Sat 14 May
mr_crosby
[twitter.com]

Beautiful.

The goal too.
09:15, Sat 14 May
Remember it well, I was 19. Went with a mate in my Vauxhall Viva! Hot and packed behind that goal. Took a change of clothes to go out in Southampton afterwards. Got changed at a leisure centre and ended up being befriended in Yates’s by a group of Southampton fans who clocked our accents. Thought we were going to get a kicking once we left the bar but they looked after us and took us clubbing with them. Got back to Brum about 6am - happy days.
09:19, Sat 14 May
……and we put Paul Power in his place?
09:20, Sat 14 May
Playing football outside about 30 a-side?

I went down there by train about 2 in the morning.
09:30, Sat 14 May
I was there, I think I was only about 15 at the time. Great memories of getting the train about 6am and wondering around Southampton city centre for what seemed like hours.
09:58, Sat 14 May
mr_crosby
[twitter.com]

I was there too as a 17 year old, packed in behind the goal. So many great memories of that day.
02:01, Sun 15 May
Went on club coaches. Alf Wood , ex Shrewsbury, was Commercial Manager.

In the ground at 1.30 as all the pubs were full & the old bill wouldn’t allow anymore Blues in.

Shilton got ‘dogs abuse’ from us due to extra marital indiscretions…

Three official coaches and one broke down returning, meaning 52 extra split between the other two😳 H & S??? Freakin’ sweat boxes!

On the MOTD coverage and can still see me & deceased mate on YT🙏

Arranged to meet girlfriend and mates in Boogies Brasserie - jeans allowed then🧔🏼‍♂️ - and they were in hysterics. Cloudy in Brum, Sun at The Dell, 3 1/2 hours of 🌞= half a sun tan😆

A great day👍💙
A Change is Gonna Come…
Inspector Montalbano
I was in the bay behind the goal as I recall we couldn't lose by 4 and I think it was between Man City and Luton for the last relegation spot.
Yes. If Man City/Luton ended in a draw, Luton would go down, unless we lost by 4, in which case we would. Raddy Antic’s late goal sent Man C down.
08:19, Sun 15 May
bluearmyfaction
Inspector Montalbano
I was in the bay behind the goal as I recall we couldn't lose by 4 and I think it was between Man City and Luton for the last relegation spot.
Yes. If Man City/Luton ended in a draw, Luton would go down, unless we lost by 4, in which case we would. Raddy Antic’s late goal sent Man C down.

I was only 9 at the time but remember us winning a lot of games towards the end of the season and alot seemed late goals. No team celebrates great escapes like us 😁
08:31, Sun 15 May
Your right

We seemed doomed with 6 games to go but seemed to get a load of last minute goals.

I think one was against Everton, Hoppy scoring in injury time.
11:52, Sun 15 May
Great day out.

Remember it well.
19:44, Sun 15 May
Ya we hadn’t won for god knows how long and hoppy got that last min winner against Everton back post top corner and pitch invasion followed was only 11 odd thousand that day but the roar for that winner was mental and on a mad run of wins we went on , I did see a picture of that winning goal by hoppy somewhere not long ago as he’s running off to celebrate and you can see the fans starting to run on the pitch , don’t no if anyone has that picture was a great pic