09:54, Wed 23 Nov
Obafemi
Has nobody heard Gabby Agbonlahor on Talksport yet 😳

I know I shouldn't but I like Gabby. Not for his insights but he seems like a decent bloke. Plus, he doesn't take himself too seriously and isn't afraid to laugh along with all the crap he gets off Brazil et al.

As for more "serious" commentators / pundits, I simply cannot listen to Sam Matterface. As someone else said, he's the Partridge of football. Micah Richards is a buffoon and offers even less decent punditry than the bloke down the pub.
09:57, Wed 23 Nov
Bluesince62
Lee effin Hendrie. John Hartson not far behind, then Sam Matterface.

My top bottom 3.

Hendrie isnt acutually that bad, i think leaves his vile bias at the door when commentates on us, albion game never stopped praising us tbf. Goodman on the other hand i genuinley think he hates us, never heard him say a good word about us even when we played well in games his commentated on.

Yeah, he leaves his vile bias out of it well, but that still doesn't make for a good co comm for me. Cliche city and when he isn't giving it the 'ooooh, he won't be happy with that' he talks utter gibberish 'they have to get more better second half'. Truly awful.
09:58, Wed 23 Nov
Obafemi

I know I shouldn't but I like Gabby. Not for his insights but he seems like a decent bloke. Plus, he doesn't take himself too seriously and isn't afraid to laugh along with all the crap he gets off Brazil et al.

As for more "serious" commentators / pundits, I simply cannot listen to Sam Matterface. As someone else said, he's the Partridge of football. Micah Richards is a buffoon and offers even less decent punditry than than the bloke down the pub.

Detests Blues and us fans, is thick as pig shit 👍
10:16, Wed 23 Nov
Bluesince62
Obafemi

As for more "serious" commentators / pundits, I simply cannot listen to Sam Matterface. As someone else said, he's the Partridge of football. Micah Richards is a buffoon and offers even less decent punditry than than the bloke down the pub.

Detests Blues and us fans, is thick as pig shit 👍

The TS phone in with Gabby and Jason Cundy is like Fred Carno’s circus
10:37, Wed 23 Nov
Zaz
Has anyone noticed that Roy Keane is a totally different bloke when
he is along side the likes of Robson Kanu and female pundits? He generally just sits there in silence and when
they are talking you can just tell that he just doesn't agree or respect what they are saying. He doesn't interact that much, his silence tells it all

On the other hand when he is with Souness, Neville, Redknapp, Carrah, etc he is is full at it, arguing with them, pulling them up on their views etc and saying things to them that he just wouldn't say to so called 'lesser' players\pundits. Maybe he just has a better relationship with them but I can't help suspecting he regards the likes of Souness, Neville and co as 'proper' pro's, at 'his level' if you like

If you haven't noticed have a look next time he is with Robson Kanu \ Eniola Aluko etc
On the other hand Aluko and Kano don’t have the planet size egos of those pros (or Keane). I don’t really listen much to the pundits - occasionally they give us a sense of what it takes to play the game at its highest levels but rarely give us anything revealing about tactical set ups. At least Aluko and Kanu speak the language well - the inability to do so otherwise doesn’t seem much of a barrier for a media gig.
10:56, Wed 23 Nov
Lee Dixon tends to talk about himself during games "I was good at doing that", "I used to do this"
11:03, Wed 23 Nov
I agree on Aluko and Kano.

I still say that every pundit doesn't have to be an ex-pro. Some of the journalists around would make excellent pundits and occasionally somebody from a different walk of life would see it from a fan's point of view and I don't see any harm in that. We don't have to sit there a listen to formations chat all the time, there are different assets to a game of football.
11:21, Wed 23 Nov
We get enough of that from the likes of Chapman on both TV and radio as well as Durham and Jordan on radio.

For me a pundit serves no useful purpose unless he has played the game a very high level and can, therefore, offer us, as fans, an insight into what we might not otherwise appreciate.

Not that all ex-pros are capable of doing that but I definitely don't want to hear what some parks player thinks.
11:27, Wed 23 Nov
Des Kelly did a bit of punditry when he was working for the the DM, I thought he was pretty good and obviously so did BT because they've given him a broadcaster's job. He's not an ex-pro but I've no idea whether he ever played down the park.
11:32, Wed 23 Nov
What is he going to tell me that I won't see for myself?

Might just as well watch the game in the pub as there's never any shortage of "experts" willing to share their vast knowledge!
11:36, Wed 23 Nov
You don’t choose to watch the game at home because of the pundits, surely?
11:38, Wed 23 Nov

Might just as well watch the game in the pub as there's never any shortage of "experts" willing to share their vast knowledge!

Yes, you're right. Everything should just carry on as it always has and nothing should ever change.

Shoot those who suggest anything different.
11:43, Wed 23 Nov
Miguelagenn

Yes, you're right. Everything should just carry on as it always has and nothing should ever change.

Shoot those who suggest anything different.

I will happily embrace change if you can show me how my enjoyment of the coverage will be improved by hearing the opinions of a non-expert.
12:00, Wed 23 Nov
Well judging by all the comments in this thread it's not going too well as it is so change is the only option.