16:34, Wed 23 Nov
Can’t bear listening to the tit so it becomes a bit academic as to whether he’s knowledgeable. I don’t care if it’s’what he’s paid’. If that’s true then I have even less regard for him.
16:35, Wed 23 Nov
Neville, Keane, McCoist.
16:48, Wed 23 Nov
I'd forgotten Neville, he seems to be a bit marmite with a lot, but I love his passion for the game, he's not afraid to speak out and he does offer insight, imo 👍
16:55, Wed 23 Nov
I like Neville. Can't stand Keane.
20:37, Wed 23 Nov
I think Chris Waddle is excellent but for some reason his style is not deemed to be the right fit on TV.
20:57, Wed 23 Nov
Lee Hendrie

blues fan at heart
21:00, Wed 23 Nov
Dants
TrickyBlue

You can tell an awful lot about people from their pundit likes and dislikes. I’d be happy to do free psychoanalysis on anybody that wants it.
21:39, Wed 23 Nov
Saint and Greavesy

Close thread
Every government has its secret service branch. America, CIA; France, Deuxième Bureau; England, MI5. NATO also has its own. A messy job? Well that's when they usually call on me or someone like me. Oh yes, my name is Drake, John Drake.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
TrickyBlue

You can tell an awful lot about people from their pundit likes and dislikes. I’d be happy to do free psychoanalysis on anybody that wants it.

Keane is just too miserable for me. Never smiles, thinks everyone in football should be hard as nails or play like his man it's team did.
00:29, Thu 24 Nov
Best co-commentator is Glenn Hoddle, followed by Gary Neville. McCoist and Murphy good too.

Pundits: G Neville, Souness, Carney, Emma Hayes, Joe Cole, Hargreaves. De Jong has seemed good and Kompany too. Not sold on Rio.
09:14, Thu 24 Nov
I'm no fan of Jermaine Jenas. He was an average footballer and I just find him very bland (perfect for the One Show). However, the stick he gets is unfair in my view. Yes, he's a bit crap but he's far from the worst co-commentator we've heard so far at this World Cup. Dion Dublin, Danny Murphy and John Hartson are all much, much worse than Jenas.

The only co-commentator I actually like is McCoist who is excellent.
09:58, Thu 24 Nov
I can’t figure out why love gets poured on Mcoist. Nothing against him,I just don’t get it, he’s personable and good humoured, perfectly inoffensive, but doesn’t really bring any great insight. Shows up how banal and mundane the others are,I suppose.
11:13, Thu 24 Nov
You might be right. All relative innit. There's some absolute dross out there. Keown is another I forgot to mention.

In-studio punditry is just as bad.
11:15, Thu 24 Nov
Yes, possibly. Think he does offer some good insight personally, but mostly he doesn't say stuff like 'they need to get more.....better, second half'.