03:47, Fri 5 Oct
Is there a list of words which one is not allowed to use outside of the obvious swearwords? I ask this as I was asked not to use a word in a post. I would hate to upset the mods by using other such inflammatory and morally abhorrent words in the future.
04:43, Fri 5 Oct
Is the word ‘squirt’ still banned?
04:43, Fri 5 Oct
Turns out it’s not 😁👍
05:58, Fri 5 Oct
The list of banned words isn't published because some people would then proceed to treat it as a challenge.

Words are on the list because they have no place on a public forum and the list is added to and trimmed regularly.

The particular word you have been asked to avoid using is a playground level insult which is derogatory to those with learning difficulties. If you can't get your message across without using it I suggest you ask for a thesaurus for Christmas.
06:31, Fri 5 Oct
Holier than thou
Is there a list of words which one is not allowed to use outside of the obvious swearwords? I ask this as I was asked not to use a word in a post. I would hate to upset the mods by using other such inflammatory and morally abhorrent words in the future.

Wouldn’t worry mate they’re sensitive sorts on here
06:53, Fri 5 Oct
Have you considered that it's not about bring sensitive it's about using language appropriate to the medium and the audience.

You wouldn't use the same language that you use down the pub with your mates that you would in front of your grandparents/grandchildren.

This site is a public forum and a wide variety of people read SHA and the rules are in place so that people feel don't feel unnecessarily marginalised by careless use of language.

The number of words in this category are in single figures so it's hardly impacting on your freedom of expression, it's just about having some consideration.
07:48, Fri 5 Oct
Englishblue
Holier than thou

Other forums are available.
09:40, Fri 5 Oct
Personally, I'd say it was more sensitive blarting about not being able to use one offensive word.
10:30, Fri 5 Oct
Actually the other forums have more snowflake easy offend types than here.
10:33, Fri 5 Oct
TuttoCalcio
Englishblue
Holier than thou

Other forums are available.

🎣 sorry sweetheart
19:21, Fri 5 Oct
Andy
The list of banned words isn't published because some people would then proceed to treat it as a challenge.

Words are on the list because they have no place on a public forum and the list is added to and trimmed regularly.

The particular word you have been asked to avoid using is a playground level insult which is derogatory to those with learning difficulties. If you can't get your message across without using it I suggest you ask for a thesaurus for Christmas.

But what about the good old days?! The tune where you could be racially abusive and derogatory towards women and people less fortunate than yourself?! Do you not hark back to the halcyon days of organisational, morally bankrupt indifference to others? I know I do, and I for one wish I had a public forum to spout ill conceived ideas and ignorant ramblings, please Andy, sort it out
20:13, Fri 5 Oct
I'm working on a new forum harking back to the good old days.

You can find it on CEEFAX page 467.

Linked Image
Holier than thou
. Kendo Nagasaki ?
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
23:07, Fri 5 Oct
Well put.
12:08, Wed 17 Oct
Quality retort.
08:48, Mon 22 Oct
im just happy to know that spunktrumpet isnt on the banned list
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
11:57, Mon 22 Oct
it is now...
12:05, Mon 22 Oct
Spunktrumpet
12:33, Mon 22 Oct
Kendo Nagasaki
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
15:39, Mon 22 Oct
Holier than thou

You can't see the list 'cos they're banned.